new orleans/ baton rouge LA viffers

Discussion in 'USA - South' started by DANIMAL, Jul 3, 2008.

1. NOLA VFR

NOLA VFR New Member

Map
    Hey guys (and lovetheweather72 - welcome!).

I've been been out of town a good bit. I see we have a new rider! Congrats on your new bike. I actually made it out with my neighbors tonight for food at either bike night. Ended up at the Blue Tomato cause no one was cooking at the Pit Stop or the Kamp.

JB - did you get the radiator fixed? Everything runing ok?

We gotta get another ride set. I'll let you guys (used as a generic term) know when my neighbor rides next he has fantastic routes - usually about 6 hours including lunch. He wife rides too on a GSXR 600. There are a couple of guys on big road bikes. Its a real diverse crew. I'll post the link to a video someone shot on their ride last weekend. It prompted me to order a mount for my video camera!

Its spring. I HAVE THE FEVER!!!

JOE

2. JBzRed07

JBzRed07 New Member

Hello Joe! Great to hear from you!

Yes sir, the radiator is repaired and the bike is running great! The only thing that needs to be done is to have the radiator cooling fan replaced due to a re-install error at Boyce. I will try to get it over there to them tomorrow since it will only take about two hours for them to knock it out. Other than that, I'm good to go.

In a couple of weeks, I am going to install a Dynojet Power Commander to smooth out the throttle a little, which will be as a result of bypassing the oxygen sensors and adjusting the ECM. Lastly, the PCIII should adjust for the common horsepower loss at the VTEC engagement/transition point. Dan is very familiar with this setup, so I will be sure to get his input on this also.

Like you, I look very much forward to Spring. Please let me know when you all will be rolling out again. I'd sure jump on the opportunity to meet up.

Our newest member is one awesome gal! Her better half also rides a Honda; a Super Blackbird CBR-1100x!!!

See you soon Joe!

3. NOLA VFR

NOLA VFR New Member

Map
    Howdy.

Good to hear your bike has recovered.

Everyone send me your email addresses in a PM. I'll forward them to my neighbor "Sonny" to put on his email list. He usually rides every weekend on Saturdays. I'd expect that he'll go this Sunday due to weather. THis is a really good group that watches each others backs. We all have the J&M rigs so the lead bike keep the group up on what coming down the road. The drag bike is usually one of the cruisers. These drag will ride as slow as anyone wants to go. Again, great group. They usually ride from 8am or so until 2-3 pm depending on distance. Here is a link to a video one of the new riders in the group shot last weekend. Sonny used to have a Fifth Gen VFR. He put over 110k on it himself and then sopld it a couple of years ago. THe bike is still on the road.

YouTube - Group Ride through La and MS

I expect that that Sonny will send out an email about this weekend sometime tomorrow. PM your emails.

Joe

4. DANIMAL

DANIMAL New Member

He all. Welcome Lovethewater72. Be back in country Apr 2. Just in time for sTRAWBERRY fESTIVAL. I am up for it. Lets do it. You guys get a plan together. Highway 22 to 16 to Denham Springs, BRouge. I am riding. Come hell or high water
    Joe

5. NOLA VFR

NOLA VFR New Member

Map
    Hey Dan.

You sound determined. We're having nasty weather now, so you're not missing anything now. I'm going to check with the boss/wife about the Strawberry Fest.

Take care.

Joe

6. JBzRed07

JBzRed07 New Member

Eh Joe! Thanks for the invite to get out there and ride with you folks this past weekend. Had a great time and can't wait to go again! Hope you can meet up for a run to Ponchatoula this weekend?

Eh Dan! Dude, you ought to be back in the U.S. in a couple of days. I am working on the Strawberry Festival run for this coming weekend. My brother that lives in California is visiting us this week and he will be heading back home on Friday. So, schedule-wise, Saturday and Sunday are looking great for me to break away from the house. Sure hope the weather cooperates?

MDoner?...... Matt?...... :spider: Where y'at?..... BzzzzzzzT!

[​IMG]

7. diVeFR

diVeFR New Member

United States
    Map
    Hey y'all. I live in Lafayette and have to go to a class at West Jeff. Med. Center. Ill be there the middle of April and/or the middle of May. Couple of questions. I read earlier about bike nite... what night and where? I dont know if I'll be able to pull a weekend out of my company staying in a hotel but Ill see what I can do to ride down there. I also read in earlier posts that the 22 and 16 up in BR is a great ride. My friend who rides an Aprilla (he really is a good guy so dont judge him because of the prill.) says that those roads are great but I havent had a chance to tromp on them. Ok TIA and ride safe.

8. JBzRed07

JBzRed07 New Member

Hello DiVeFR,

Hopefully we'll see you while you're here. I'm not sure about you, but I'm really not a big fan of the summer heat; so I plan on doing a lot of riding in April.

Be sure to keep in touch.

-JB

9. JBzRed07

JBzRed07 New Member

Ducati Demo Truck Event - This Saturday

The Ducati Demo truck is coming to New Orleans. This Saturday, April 4, from 10a-4p qualified motorcycle riders will be able to test ride the full family of Ducati motorcycles.

Ducati North America requires the following riding gear minimums when test riding one of the Ducati demos: full face helmet, riding gloves, shoes that cover the ankle, long sleeve shirt and pants. Ducati North America encourages all demo riders to wear a protective motorcycle jacket and motorcycle specific boots. Participants must be at least 21 years of age and proof of insurance is required to test ride a Ducati Demo

The Transportation Revolution
    Home of Ducati, Triumph & Vespa New Orleans
    • 901 Julia at Baronne, New Orleans, LA

10. NOLA VFR

NOLA VFR New Member

Map
    Hey guys.

Check out my first attempt to shoot a video on my VFR.

YouTube - VFR 800 1st Test Video New Orleans Lakefront 0001

It was overcast at about 6:45pm and the mount I have vibrates too much. But the video was fun to edit with the music. I'm going to get the tank mount which seem to be more stable than the Ram mount sitting on the 1inch ball with a three inch boom.

Joe

11. mdooner

mdooner New Member

Ok I'm back from falling of the edge of the earth again. I got my bike put back together last week but busted my finger doing it and need to keep it taped up for a few more days. Riding with a thumb and two fingers on throttle isn't so bad.

The guy is still sorting out his title for the Yamaha so that hasn't happened yet. I'd definitely be up for a Deal's Gap trip sometime. My mom has a cabin nearby in Murphy, NC and my dad (he rides) lives up that way too.

For long rides around here, I've been wanting to do some exploring further north in LA and MS. I have my camping gear ready, I just need to find some free weekends!

12. JBzRed07

JBzRed07 New Member

Great to hear from you, Matt! Glad you got your bike put back together - trust me, I can relate to the anxiety of not having my bike put together. I still have a few little minor gripes about the re-assembly of some of the components since the accident, but I expect that these issues will be corrected soon enough.

Riding weather for this week; hmmm..., let's see... (UPDATE) Wednesday looks like the weather is going to be somewhat favorable for riding, but according to the current forecast, it's going to be quite breezy. Might be a good 'Ride To Work' day, but if you do, be sure park that Viffer faced into the wind.

I will be there for 'Bike Night' this Wednesday. WTF, I might even check it out in Slidell?

I'm always up for a weekend run.... Camping, etc.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  13. lovethewater72

lovethewater72 New Member

Bike night, Humm Not sure If I can make it or not this week, but I'll try.

Anyone riding this weekend? I'm so ready to ride again!!!

This past Saturday we rode from Metairie to Mobile and then Sunday Mobile to Ponchotoula then to Metairie. This was my first out of state trip. I don't mind the interstate, but rather the back roads. Going straight for miles and miles on the interstate isn't all that fun. I need to work my way up!!! Plans for Oct is Deals Gap and I want to make that in 1 day! We will see!

14. mdooner

mdooner New Member

Who else has Good Friday off? I'd be up for a long ride this weekend or even an overnight. Friday-Saturday trip to Natchez? This is the last free weekend I have for a while.

I'm up for bike night this week. What time do you usually head out and where to? I've only ever been to Pit Stop. I'll probably be leaving from my martial arts class in fat city at 7:30 or so.

15. JBzRed07

JBzRed07 New Member

The Week...

Hello lady and gentlemen,

Well, the winds should begin to die down by sometime this evening; we'll see... I believe tomorrow that I am going to take the day off and ride b/c I won't be in town this weekend - going to see Mom up in Hattiesburg, MS for Easter weekend.

If I had been home this weekend Matt, then I sure would have taken you up on the weekend trip. Let me know when you get another free weekend again; maybe we can all try to get something put together?

- LoveTheWater, glad y'all made it home safely. Hope you enjoyed it out there in 'Bama'.

- As for Bike Night tomorrow night, I'll leave my house for around 6:30p, and arrive there at The Pit Stop for around 7p.

- LoveTheWater, DANIMAL, NOLAvfr; any of you going to make it out there tomorrow night?

- Dan, what's on your schedule tomorrow??? Biloxi trip? Hooters wings?

16. lovethewater72

I was planning on riding Friday @ 12:00 (Damn work) then all day Saturday! Sunday I'm planning on skydiving in Lumberton, MS. I can't ride to the Drop Zone because my rig is too big and heavy to put on my bike.

Anyone up for a ride or jump this weekend???

17. mdooner

mdooner New Member

So a long ride this weekend is out of the question. I'm taking a vacation to the mountains in North Carolina to get away with my girlfriend. I'm not allowed to bring my mistress (my VFR) either.

I will make it out to Pit Stop tomorrow night though. I'll leave my class a little after 7. Give me a call at 504-312-0015 if you go somewhere else.

LoveTheWater - do you know Jorge Nagel? He's a skydiver that rides a Harley of some sort. I work with him but I don't know which drop zone he goes to.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2009
  18. lovethewater72

Matt and Dan it was great to meet yall. So sorry I had to leave early tonight, but I had to get the kids to bed on time.

Please let me know when the next ride is coming up. I will do my best to make it!

19. mdooner

mdooner New Member

Well here's what you missed. They can plug levee's too!

Attached Files:

20. JBzRed07

JBzRed07 New Member

[​IMG]

I think this is the woman that told us all about it?