new orleans/ baton rouge LA viffers

Discussion in 'USA - South' started by DANIMAL, Jul 3, 2008.

1. NOLA VFR

NOLA VFR New Member

Map
    Man: I really want to see your bike up close. I was a hair from getting the red '07....

2. JBzRed07

JBzRed07 New Member

Man, as soon as the issues with my parents clear up, I'm going to be 'quite anxious' (<under-statement) on getting out there and riding with you felluz. Coincidence or not? - My parents are divorced, my Dad is having shoulder surgery this week, and then my mother is having surgery on her elbow this week also. So, I've got to spread myself out between (Mom) Hattiesburg, MS and then Huntsville, AL (Where my father lives.) I hope to get back in town by this Sunday.

Joe, I can't wait to see your machine too Bro! That Sword Silver is badazz! I find it hilarious that we're all linking up around the same time, some of us, ought of a sudden, buying new Honda Interceptors, yet we all just live a short distance apart. :strong:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  3. mdooner

mdooner New Member

If anyone wants to go for a ride today give me a call 504-312-0015

4. madduxca

madduxca New Member

i live in pensacola so if ya'll ever plan on heading this way hit me up. i can't find anyone on the site that lives close...

5. JBzRed07

JBzRed07 New Member

Riding Conditions for Sunday, November 23rd

South Louisiana Riding-Weather Conditions For Tomorrow... PERFECT!!!

Partly cloudy skies, mostly sun, with temps hitting 66.

I'm rollin' out at 8am!

6. DANIMAL

DANIMAL New Member

Ain't life grand

JB,

You're killin me. yeah rub it in. I am at a training class in Kongsberg Norway. 20 degrees here. BRRR. How many miles you put on that sweet machine so far. I am here till saturday then back to Singapore for 10 more days. Then I can get me some too. I'll give you a holla. I need to ride. Hey its all good. see ya in December

7. JBzRed07

JBzRed07 New Member

Howdy Danimal! I've got just over 200 miles with one oil and oil filter change completed. The transmission is also shifting way better, I think as a result.

No worries though; I've put in another order for more excellent riding weather for the month of December. :ranger: So with that being said, we should expect ideal weather and riding conditions for the weekend of December 5th - 7th. I'm working on getting the climate to jive with an Abita Springs run. (This is directed at you too NOLA VFR.)

You hang in there fellow! We'll see you when you get back to the good ole USA!!! :rockon:

8. JBzRed07

JBzRed07 New Member

TIRES - Replacement

To the New Orleans crew; where do you guys usually get your tires mounted and balanced? I see that our local dealerships are way expensive on tires; therefore, I am trying to locate a local shop that will mount and balance tires for a reasonable price since I will probably be purchasing them Online.

I went to a shop in Kenner, 'Powertrip Power Sports', and the fellow quoted me a price of $55.00 to mount and balance each tire :unsure: if I purchased the tires from him, and then $65.00 each tire :hangme: to mount and balance if I had the tires already purchased from somewhere else(Internet).

I am going to replace the original tires with either some Dunlop Roadsmarts or Michelin Pilot Road 2CT's, and I sure would like to save some $$$ on installing them if I'm able to.

Any recommendations or suggestions?

9. DANIMAL

DANIMAL New Member

JB,
    I go to Garrett Honda they charge me $25.00-$35.00 to mount and balance tires that I buy online. Depends on who is there when I go. There always seems to be some confusion about the charge they say $35.00 if I buy from outside the dealer but their prices on tires are too high. I run Metzler Sportec M3's and I save almost a $110 over dealer price even with the 15% disc I get. so I will pay the extra 5 or 10 bucks for mount and balance. sometimes they don't even charge me.anything.16K or 20K miles I have been through 4 rear tires and 2 fronts. gonna have my 3rd front mounted as soon as I get home. they treat me pretty good considering I have spent more than $20000. there since I bought my bike in March 2006. I buy all my maintenance stuff from them gloves and boots. motorcycle stuff i need you know.

10. JBzRed07

JBzRed07 New Member

Thanks for the quick feedback! One more question; do you bring your bike to them for tire service, or do you remove your wheels w/old tires at home, and then bring just the wheels w/old tires for them to exchange, mount, and balance your new tires?

I just might head on over to Garrett this week, especially since they are that much more reasonable than that other spot in Kenner.

Thanks Danimal!

11. DANIMAL

DANIMAL New Member

I pull the tire off and bring it in. they charge more when they have to remove it.

12. JBzRed07

JBzRed07 New Member

Thank you sir.

I suppose removing the wheels shouldn't be too much of a feat; at least the rear wheel shouldn't be, thanks to the center stand.

13. DANIMAL

DANIMAL New Member

JB,

rear wheel is easy to do the front I use a piece of a 4x4 under the oil pand to hold the front wheel up. I can give you a piece when I get back. I have some extra peices at the house.

14. JBzRed07

JBzRed07 New Member

Thank you again Danimal. I certainly don't want my bike to tipping over because I didn't know the best point to place supports underneath it.

It looks like we might have kind of a sour week weather-wise for riding. However, I am certainly counting on getting out on the road next weekend. Still looking forward to an Abita Springs run.

15. xShadowrider

xShadowrider New Member

I am really hating this thread. I am looking at 5 inches of the white stuff on the ground and another 3 on the way tonight. I am at least four months from hitting the starter button.

16. JBzRed07

JBzRed07 New Member

If there's anyway that you can get away, just come on down! Trailer that bike down here and come hang out. :cheersaf: Personally, I ride Wednesday nights and roll again on the weekends - weather permitting. As long as we're not getting a whole bunch of rain, I plan to ride throughout the weekend next weekend.

17. xShadowrider

xShadowrider New Member

I really appreciate the offer! My buddy and I plan a ride to the Dragon in the spring and maybe we'll just keep heading south. I have spent some business time in "Nawlins" and there's isn't a funner place on the planet. Enjoy your riding and your riding weather.

18. JBzRed07

JBzRed07 New Member

You're welcome! It's definitely fun down here, but the City of New Orleans sure better get a firm handle on its crime problem soon.

19. JBzRed07

JBzRed07 New Member

Weather Report .... ... ...... ...... .. ...... ..... ....

-Danimal
    -NOLA VFR

The weather is sure looking to be quite conducive towards ideal riding-weather conditions for this Saturday! Of course it's still a little soon for me to call it a 'Perfect 10' on Dan's DARN-scale, but it's certainly shaping up nicely! :party2:

WWL Weather for SATURDAY:
    Lots of sunshine and mild. Lows north of the lake around 36 with frost and south of the lake around 43. Highs around 65.

WDSU Weather for Saturday:
    Mostly sunny with lows near freezing North Shore to the 40s South Shore, highs in the low 60s.

[​IMG]

20. DANIMAL

DANIMAL New Member

JB,

yeah, go ahead rub it in. I will be home on the evening of the 10th. I am ready to ride. How about lunch at Abita Brewery on the 13th, weather permitting? Can you ride during the weekdays? I gotta log enough miles to last me for my next hitch.