Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sam_, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Sam_

Sam_ New Member

Canada
    Map
    Hey all, picked up an '02 VFR800 a couple weeks ago. Has 62,000km on it, came with the factory cases for $2700 CAD. Needed fork seals and some bulbs but all seems to be well so far. Has the Sargent seat and a double bubble windscreen (presumably Zero Gravity, but the sticker has been removed). Not in perfect shape, but it's what you'd expect from a 20 year-old bike with 60,000km on it. I had a '95 BMW R1100R before this but it didn't have the riding position that I wanted. This is much sportier so hopefully this one can last. Not super knowledgeable on these but I've had/worked on enough bikes that I should be able to contribute to the forum.

As you can probably see, me and my dad are bike nuts. It's a hobby for both of us. Virtual high-five to anyone that can identify the bike in the back on the stand.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
    Viffer J likes this.
  2. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map
    Hi Sam and welcome to the MadHouse:Welcome:.

Wow - It looks like you are building quite a motorbike fleet!

The riding position of your 6th gen sits in between the more upright BMW and the more sporty Ninja performance, and with the factory luggage the VFR should be a great choice if you are planning any longer tours.

However after 20 years it is well worth giving any bike a thorough check-over, but provided the bike has regular oil and filter changes I would not be worried too much about the mileage especially if the bike came with a full service history.

Have fun - ATGATT

SkiMad

3. Sam_

Sam_ New Member

Canada
    Map
    This is actually relatively light compared to how many bikes my dad has had (had as many as 14, I think we’re only on 9 now). Bike has virtually no service history but it sounded okay when I got there so I took the chance. Still needs addressing in some areas but they’ll come in time. I’m planning a trip in August (I’ll see if work lets me take time off) so I’ll need to get it ready by then.

4. RllwJoe

RllwJoe Insider

United States
    Map
    Welcome to VFRW!

I'll guess that the bike on the stand in the other room, the White, Blue, and Red one....... is a CX500 Turbo.

Sam_ likes this.
  5. Sam_

Sam_ New Member

Canada
    Map
    Close. It's a 650 Turbo. My dad's had it 25-ish years. Needs a MAP sensor that Honda doesn't make anymore so it's been parked for a while.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
    RllwJoe likes this.