My VFR1200F

Discussion in '7th Generation 2010-Present' started by djscorpio, Mar 16, 2010.

1. djscorpio

djscorpio New Member

My VFR1200F is finally delivered !!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. abner malidy

abner malidy New Member

sweet. congrats on the new ride. is this your first VFR?

3. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Congrats. and so the gate open ups. Nothing like the smell of a new bike.. LOL they are still not available here state side.

4. djscorpio

djscorpio New Member

Yes it's my first VFR. My previous bikes were a second hand Transalp from 1989 and a new CBF1000A from 2006.

5. crustyrider

crustyrider New Member

Map
    welcome to the house, nice looking.......be sure to brush up on your writing skills , because everyone here is gonna want a run down on how the new bike is. There are a few out here but the more the merrier.

6. djscorpio

djscorpio New Member

I'll do my best but my English is not so good, I'm flemish remember ;-)

Tomorrow I will drive it to work... it's about 210 km per day... and during the day I drive with a Yamaha FJR policebike... so I can compare the new VFR against my policebike ;-)

[​IMG]

7. Richard Thompson

Richard Thompson New Member

Map
    now this is interesting. you have the bigger tank pad than mine and looks like no centrestand. member cynic in the UK has a centre stand but differant tyres and a honda alarm( i assume this is additionall to the HISS system) and our aussie jorno friend seems to have everything!!!!. so it appears the country spec is very much in the hands of the local importer.

cynic tells me there is another more comfortable seat option....that may be the ticket for me.

anyway, welcome DJScorpio. looks like belgium is thawing out nicely!

8. djscorpio

djscorpio New Member

The tankpad is custom... my dealer removed the original one because a collegue that has the grey vfr already had scratches on the tank after 2 days. My other options are the double screen, a rear wheel hugger, the U-lock and wind protection for the hands (don't know how you call it in English), you can see that the front is a bit larger for wind protection.

9. Alaskan

Alaskan Member

United States
    Map
    We are very interested in your riding impressions, especially comparing it to the FJR - which appears to be a bike in the same class as the new VFR. Incidentally, you must be very familar with the FJR, but you bought the VFR instead. Can you tell me why?

10. Richard Thompson

Map
    Now that will be an interesting comparison-FJR vs VFR.

its funny, i was riding down the motorway on sunday thinking about the possibilities of using the VFR 12 as a police bike.
    it certainly has the power,brakes and handling for this task.

i think that DJ is qualified to to tell us what he thinks about this.

11. Richard Thompson

Map
    ahh yes... i see the wind deflectors at the front...interesting. agree on the tank pad... i have scratches on mine already from my jacket.

12. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Bon Jour, Bienvenue à la boules de maison :) Beau vélo

13. djscorpio

djscorpio New Member

I've only driven about 100 kilometers with my VFR, so it's still a bit early to make a comparison but there are some things that I've noticed immediatly.

The FJR weighs about 310 kilograms with al the police equipment, so it's about 50 kilograms heavier than the VFR, so it's not really a fair comparison. I like driving with the FJR but the gas response of de FJR is by far more brutal and it has on-off effect. I've only ridden 90 km with te VFR but I already felt that gas response is a lot better which was already the case with my previous Honda, a CBF1000A. It's a lot easier to take turns with the VFR. On the FJR you really feel all the kilograms which is not the case with the VFR.

I haven't bought the FJR because I already drive it a my work, so I wanted something else and when I saw the first spy-photos of the new VFR I knew immediatly that I wanted that bike.

I have to tell you guys that the FJR is more powerfull than my VFR because I've bought the limited version with 113 HP and not the one with 173 HP. Here in Belgium you have to severe taxes when you've got more than 120 HP :-( so that's why the FJR that has 143 HP is more powerfull than my VFR. Those taxes are so silly but here in Belgium we can still choose to pay them if we want more HP, in France it's worse, there all the bikes are limited to 100 HP :-(

14. Cynic

Cynic New Member

Fantastic pictures there - you've really caught the true colour of the bike Isee

Yup scratches on my tank too!! The black really shows them up. I have put a Honda three piece carbon protector on mine bit I like the look of that there bigger one!

I didn't know about the BHP restriction in Belgium, that's bad news. You could have caught the ferry over here and bought one ;)

I notice you too have Dunlops, whereas we have Bridgestones. We also have a chronic shortage of accessories as Honda has underestimated demand.

15. djscorpio

djscorpio New Member

The BHP-restriction is in France, it's restricted to 100 BHP there. Here every BHP is allowed but if you have to many BHP you have to pay taxes even if you buy the bike elsewhere. Here in Belgium you have to pay a tax for each vehicle that you register. For my limited VFR I have to pay a tax of 125 euro. If I had bought the full power version of the VFR it would have been a tax of 2500 euro which is a big difference. But for 1200 euro Honda installs another computer (for the mapping) and than it's a full power ;-)

I had the same tank pad on my CBF1000A and it worked well so I told my dealer to (very carefully) rip the original pad off and put a bigger one in the place. And to be honest I like it very much. It goes well on the bike.

16. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
    Another reason to hate on France.

17. Cynic

Cynic New Member

Yes sorry you did say that! I didn't know about Belgian laws around tax. It seems strange that we are so close but have such different rules.

I really like the tank pad, I'm going to look for one at the weekend :)

18. abner malidy

abner malidy New Member

that may well be the best looking SSSA rear wheel yet

stand that unit upright and check your oil. i never met a centerstand i didnt like!

i am curious about the double wind screen. does the inner screen adjust?

19. djscorpio

djscorpio New Member

The little screen is adjustable, but not manually, only with tools. You can't put it higher although, it's only the angle of the screen that is adjustable. I have tested the wind protection today, I did about 200 km on the highway to go to work and it works very well but I have to say that I measure only 175cm, so I' m not so big. Don't know how it works if you measure 190 cm. The 2 wind deflectors that protect the hands work quite well also.

20. djscorpio

djscorpio New Member

Here is a photo of the tankpad

[​IMG]

And the site were I found this picture:

David Silver Spares - Tank pad - Single Piece with embossed Honda logo

;-)