Motus MST, finally one in person!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Metallican525, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Metallican525

Metallican525 New Member

Map
    So, Motus came to a dealer local to me which I happen to be a fan of on FB, luckily I caught the flyer the other day and decided I couldn't pass up the oppourtunity to go see this new beast as she's (well, multiple she's) are on a short tour from Alabama.

http://www.motusmotorcycles.com/index.html

From talking to the guys there (designers, builders, motorcycle enthusiasts) she's about 525lbs wet, 100cid (about 1600cc) 160hp 122torque. VERY well balanced and not even as top heavy feeling as my 6th gen. I don't know what the seat height is but I have to guess around 30" as I am 5'4" with a 30" inseam and EASILY flat footed this bike strait up. Now, they do have the seat VERY narrow near the tank (about 6-7" I'm guessing, didn't bring my tape measure) so this certainly helps me find the ground more easily too. All carbon fiber , everything, even the fuel tank. Really well thought out and well built looking bike, I'm pretty impressed with the fit finish and build quality especially considering these were prototypes.

Anyway, I snapped off a few shots of the bike and even got a video when they fired up the "R" model so yall can hear her too, sounds goooooooood too!!!

http://s852.photobucket.com/albums/ab84/Metallican525/Motus%20Prototype/

2. FoothillRyder

FoothillRyder New Member

Good stuff lad! Thanks for posting these so we can all drool.... :cool:

3. Metallican525

Metallican525 New Member

Map
    Wow, I thought there was more interest in this bike round here, wrong again!!!!!!

4. Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider Active Member

United States
    Map
    I think the bike looks beautiful. That gorgeous V4 motor is essentially a V8 cut in half...albeit a mini V8. I read about it in Motorcyclist or Cycleworld awhile back. I am interested in it, but it just seems way out of my price range. I do hope to see one on the road sometime so I can drool over it.

It would be great to finally have a "reputable" American motorcycle company. I heard that the cost was supposed to be a tad under 30k. Am I correct?

5. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    She's a beaut! Me likey. I can't wait to see one on the road. I'd pony up for one right now if I had the coin. Giddyup! :llama:

[​IMG]

[video=youtube;3DByGC5AlY0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=3DByGC5AlY0[/video]

6. Metallican525

Metallican525 New Member

Map
    AFAIK they don't have final pricing yet but they are taking $500 reservation payment that is FULLY REFUNDABLE as they have not set MSRP yet. They're runnin around showin off and trying to get the first run of 250 (I think) units sold. Get a hold of em, if they come out geared up anything NEAR what these proto's are, they'll be worth every penny.