Mid Tenn riders

Discussion in 'USA - South' started by matman107, Jan 10, 2007.

1. matman107

matman107 New Member

Lets hear from the VFR riders in the middle Tn area. Lots of good roads, and has anyone been to the new race track in wilson county?

2. Mike V

Mike V New Member

You are right, there are lots of great roads in and around Wilson county. I live in Nashville and some of my fav rides are out that way. Try this one on for size:

Leave Lebanon TN going east on 141 until it dead ends on Center Hill Dam. Go right (south) on 96 and follow until you reach highway 70.
    Go right (west) on 70 and turn (south) left unto highway 96 going toward Auburntown.
    Turn right (north) on 267 towards Watertown. On the corner of 267 and 70 there will be a gas station on your right. Stop for gas and some of the best chicken and steak fries around (cheap to boot)
    Then take 70 back north towards Lebanon to finish the loop.

Enjoy the ride...
    Mike V

3. Ferris

Ferris New Member

I just did that loop in reverse weekend before last!

I was disappointed to find The Company Store - the restaurant / gas station a few miles past the dam on 96 - is closed. Bummer! Still a great road, though - kind of a higher speed mini - Dragon.

Dragon Lite? Rides Great, Less Cops?

4. Ferris

Ferris New Member

Mike, what part of Nashville are you in?

There is a huge group of VFR riders in middle TN - most are posting over at VFRD. Very nice people, and good riders to boot. The next big get - together will be for TexasMac down in the gap.

5. Mike V

Mike V New Member

Hermitage, TN

You are right, too bad the Company Store on 96 is closed. We were there a few weeks ago and saw a for sale sign on the door.

I live in Hermitage, and take 141 out to the dam on a regular basis. I like the twisties and on a Sunday morning you have the whole road to yourself. What I have found is that you have to be carefull about dogs on that stretch of road. Two weeks ago I went out there with some friends and a dog almost ended up under my friends Katana. Good thing she kept her cool or there would have been a crash.

Another nice little trip is to start at South Mt Juliet Rd and turn on Stewart Ferry. Turn left on Moccasin Rd (which is the first right after you go under 840) then turn left on Richmond Shop Rd. When you get to 231 turn right and follow to Vesta. Take Vesta / Couchville Pike back to Mt Juliet Rd.
    Vesta starts slow, just long lazy turns. Once you cross 840 and the road changes names to Couchville Pike.....let the fun begin.

FYI.....Couchville Pike has a couple of 90 degree corners. The pavement is usually free of gravel, but just be aware.

6. APD221

APD221 New Member

Center Hill Dam area in Dekalb Co. is an awesome ride... not much traffic and pretty decent road surface, just have to watch out for the deer from time to time.

7. SCraig

SCraig New Member

Looks like there are several VFR guys here in Nashville. Just got mine on Monday.

For a good ride pick up Highway 30 in McMinnville and go as far as you want. It's a great ride past Fall Creek Falls all the way to Athens, TN. From there it isn't far to Tellico Plains, the Cherohala Skyway, the Dragon, and the Blue Ridge Parkway. I just did that trip on my V-Strom in July and had a blast.

8. rrunner69

rrunner69 New Member

Man i would love to meet up with some of you guys in the spring, i live in Lavergne...but have only been riding street bikes for about a year and i hate freakin riding on I40 or even I24...mostly just riding the back country roads....i have found alot of people do not like riding with guys who don't have alot of experiance....so if no one calls.........i understand

9. SCraig

SCraig New Member

Spring, hell, I haven't put mine up for the year yet :biggrin: I rode about 400 miles last weekend and will probably get out some this coming weekend. I work in Brentwood and live about 10 miles north of there. I'm up for a ride pretty much any weekend that the weather is decent.

As far as experience we are not that far apart. I quit riding many years ago and got my V-Strom about 18 months ago. Got the VFR this past August.

10. rrunner69

rrunner69 New Member

Trying to find me a ride, i sold the 87 a few weeks ago and just lost out on buying the 2000 so i am still looking for a gen 5 if you know of a good deal..pass it my way....:cool:

11. turtlecreek

turtlecreek New Member

im over in brentwood. i ride mostly over near leipers fork area lots of twisty back roads.

i have done a stt track day at nashville motorspeedway. lots of fun. takes a little getting used to with several bumpy transitions.

saw a black VFR on granny white bike w/ an FZ1 about a week ago (sunday morning about 10am). anyone on this sight?

12. SCraig

SCraig New Member

Not me, mine is red. I did see a black one at Pucket's Grocery in Leipers Fork a couple of weeks ago. I was on my V-Strom at the time though.

13. Muffer

Muffer New Member

Map
    Franklin here. Newbie to the forum but coming on strong!

Muffer

Off to Pucketts for breakfast

14. SCraig

SCraig New Member

Welcome to the group, Muffer. I get down that way frequently since the Natchez Trace Parkway i smy usual Sunday-clear-my-head ride. My office is also in Brentwood and the company I work for does a lot of work in the Cool Springs area.

15. whitevfr

whitevfr New Member

Hi All

I live in MT Juliet. Would love to do a Centerhill dam ride some weekend or where ever else is cool near by. I love the twisties in center hill. I use to love the Trace but rangers ruin it. Pulled me over just becuase I was on a ' Sportbike" Lectured me on safety and gave me some lame safety handout. Then proceded to tell me that I should ride else where. I was red hot about the whole thing since I wasnt doing anything wrong. Anyways back to the Ride any takers?

16. dirty black bird

dirty black bird New Member

memememe!i ride year round i live in bellevue work on 12th ave downtown.i got the pearlwhite 86 get in touch with me at blackbird tattoo.

17. sparky750

sparky750 New Member

chattanooga here. was told by someone (nashville resident) while i was at deal's gap, that there were no really decent roads in mid-tn. glad to here there are some (other than the nashville track). what sort of racing takes place the the race track in wilson county (btw i'm new to tn - only 3 years but love it down here :thumbsup:)?

18. sparky750

sparky750 New Member

Fyi

hey mid-tn riders, we're trying to get together a vfr rally during the first week in june ~(5/31-6/2). there are roughly 4-5 riders interested at this point. we are hoping to convene at the kickstandlodge, which is located in stecoah, nc. great place on hwy-28 (b/n deals gap and franklin). at any rate, enjoy meeting fellow vfr riders. i'll be there monday, 5/31 thru thurs, 6/3, cooking breakfast and leading a ride or two. think about it....:biggrin:
    check thread, '2010 vfr rally' or something like that....:crazy:

19. rufussrgnt

rufussrgnt New Member

Map
    Hi from Lewisburg, TN. Been riding bikes since 1970. Just got a new VFR before Thanksgiving. My favorite local ride is to pick up 129 in Petersburg and ride in to Lynchburg. I usually grab a bite to eat at Southern Perks or the BBQ Caboose. This weekend looks like crap, but I have the luxury of being able to ride during the week.

20. Comicus

Comicus New Member

United States
    Map
    I live in Lascassas Tn...just outside of Murfreesboro. My bike is in pieces right now(having the cats removed, doing the brakes and just general stuff). I'm down for a ride. I'm a pilot so only in town for a few day at a time. I'm interested in the June rally...I hope I can get the days off.