michael vick back in NFL....

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by deepdish, Aug 14, 2009.

1. SilverSurferRWB

SilverSurferRWB Member

United States
    Map
    Wasn't Michael Irvin on the Cowboys a coke addict (actually half the Cowboys were at that time)? Ray Lewis was involved in murdering his ex-girlfriend... Pacman Jones broke the substance abuse policy 30 times... Tony Romo was accused of bestiality... Oops, sorry! That was Jessica Simpson; my bad. Roll models? Please, I don't think so.

2. Pliskin

Pliskin New Member

United States
    Map
    Right you are! Except IMO, a criminal is a criminal. Sure, there is different severity, but the bottom line is there is plenty of talent in the sports world where I just don't think that criminals - ANY CRIMINAL - deserves that second chance.

To clarify my statement about athletes, etc. being "role models", note that I did say Roger Goodell failed by allowing Vick to be reinstated. And after reading some of these posts, I should have elaborated and said ANY of these former criminals. (I'm not a football fanatic, but I think hes the commissioner?).

I understand that as a "business", a team is going to do what they have to do. But where is the accountability? Allowing Vick, or any other formerly convicted sports player to get back into the game, lacks morality and integrity, to say the least. Its a damn shame.

3. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    Vic had several earier brushes with the law, so he's on his 4th or 5th chance, not his second.

He's only sorry he got caught, not sorry for the animals he killed and tortured.

There's no proper way to apologise for moral depravity.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  4. Ride Red!

Ride Red! New Member

Germany
    Map
    He made a mistake. Who among us has never made a mistake? He expressed remorse over what he did and paid his debt to society. Yes, what he did was wrong, but to hold it against him the rest of his life would be a great injustice. He deserves a second chance and I applaud Jeffrey Lurie for giving it to him.

5. supertex

supertex New Member

I think that it's great that the Eagles picked him up I think it will be GREAT for their team chemistry......... Go Cowboys!!!

6. diVeFR

diVeFR New Member

United States
    Map
    I am unfamiliar with his early brushes with the law could you elaborate? Not counting the charges during and after his dog fighting conviction?

That was an honest answer...but I have to be impartial. (read further)

It figures that the guys from/for Dallas cowgirls would support a criminal (sorry couldnt help it) HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!!!

7. supertex

supertex New Member

I actually think he should fall off a F'ing cliff and die but anything that is bad for the other teams in our division I'm all for. :flex:

8. diVeFR

diVeFR New Member

United States
    Map
    Ok I can agree with you there. Now how to sabotage the Giants:confused::tongue:

9. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I have 3 mini dacshunds he should be forced to live with for a year for his punishment...

damned yippy dogs.

10. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Having him back is so wrong in so many ways, and to think some organization thinks he's worth it, that is IMO what is really scary. whats this telling people anyway. Hmm it's all right to be an ass hat+++? The egos of the rich, go figure.

11. Mainjet

Mainjet New Member

United States
    Map
    Put him in a dog fighting pin, if he comes out let him play.

12. deepdish

deepdish Banned

purgatory.........................................
    you can't:thumbsup: and first lose for washington is the first game.......defense has probowl front four gonna be a long day for cambell.........but skins make playoffs- gaints superbowl again.....:thumbsup:

13. deepdish

deepdish Banned

lol :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:smoked or grilled yummmm fresh juicey dog......I wonder what type of sides go with dog and what suace?? oh no another thread in a thread? how would you prepare a dog????????????deepfried!!:confused:

14. crustyrider

crustyrider New Member

Map
    F him in the A on a saturday....... the fac t that he is "repentant" about his actions is BS.... he only is because he got caught..... F him... getting a second chance, AFTER HE was caught nope if he had stopped it before getting caught.. maybe....

F him

15. Knife

Knife Member

United States
    Marinated it and did it up on the rotisserie. Not bad. Tastes like chicken.

16. deepdish

deepdish Banned

lol .............................having lab next week can't wait............:biggrin:

17. monk69

monk69 New Member

I think the public reacts to hurting dogs more so, than people, because they might feel that some of these people may deserve it, where as it's a good possibilty that 99.9% of the dogs don't deserve it.

18. Knife

Knife Member

United States
    To be serious for a moment, dogs are unique animals, the first domesticated, loyal to their human, selfless, and life-long companions, in most every instance. As such, they deserve proper treatment and respect. Using them as objects is terrible. Abusing them intolerable. Just my two cents, since I've made a few tongue-in-cheek jokes about them. I, like so many others, am a dog lover, among other animals.

19. emon07

emon07 New Member

United States
    Map
    Well the dude really did a BAAAAD thing. I am not one for dogs, but they are like kids and depend on people to take care and look out for them. His involvement in the dog fighting is shameful. Funny thing to me is in the NFL like some other sports have players who are steroid users, have been convicted of manslaughter, convicted of murder, drug usage, womanizing and a multitude of crap. Why is it such a big deal for him to get back into the NFL or anywhere he wants to go. I think he did break the law and was involved in an operation that was abusing and killing dogs. I only want to say people take some things more seriously than others. Personally anyone who abuses or hurts a child should get the kind of treatment that has been given to Vick - How many NFL players are abusing their kids and wives and still play in professional sports? I am not a Vick fan and actually thought he was a real shallow jerk. Vick is a versitle player with good football skills and I gotta admit he can be exciting to watch on the field. To his credit he took all the crap from the media and people and the judical system and has been open and seemingly honest about how he really messed up. I respect animals but not to the extent that people have shown. Killing a dog is a shameful and cowardly act, but huritng a child or any person is what would have me upset. And even still I would not deny him an opportunity to have a life in all respects after he has paid for the crimes. You can say what you want and flame me crisp but I see no reason to keep Vick from doing anything anyone else can do and playing in the NFL is something he has earned and deserves. He has paid for his crime and expressed his remorse and has not tried to blame anyone or anything else for his problem. Frankly I think the Atlanta Falcons should be ashamed of themselves for not sticking with their star and member of their organization. So flame on if you want to - it does not change anything to me and believe it or not there are a lot of people who are sick and tired of hearing the crap because it is over and done. Time to move on.

20. supertex

supertex New Member

I personally believe playing a professional sport is a luxury not a right and since my money goes to, I.E. ticket prices and other patronage, pay their salaries, I should have a say in who gets to play. Yes I am a Dallas fan and I know that we have had some notorious players in our history but I didn't approve of it then either. These players don't realize by playing on these teams many fans think of them as representing us and our areas. Yes you have the right to make a living even if you commit a crime and pay your time but not a pro sport.