Methodological and analysis report Motorcyclists and drivers in CA.

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by mofo, Jun 1, 2015.

1. mofo

mofo New Member

United States
    Map
    Sorry fellas, many of you were left out of this.

I found this study important and interesting. Too many pages and too many tables to look at, but for those interested here is the link.

"Observations and perceptions on lane-splitting on freeways60.7% of all vehicle drivers stating that lane-splitting for motorcycles on freeways is legal. In comparison
    to 2013, there has been a significant increase of 5.2% in the awareness of the lane-splitting legality"
    http://www.ots.ca.gov/pdf/Publications/2014MCLaneSplittingSurvey.pdf

Even more information and stats on this link.
    http://safetrec.berkeley.edu/special-groups/motorcyclists

2. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Given that lane splitting/lane sharing is legal in California, to what end is this study and data collection toward? An apt app might be for use in other states to ease legislation into place. The dynamic of the data would not however be valid in places where lane splitting is not legal.

I wonder too if the folks who were interviewed spoke English or were California residents either legal or otherwise?

Another factor in studies of this nature is the human factor. After aboot a half hour or so most folks who sign up to complete the studies lose interest and just want to get paid and get the hell back to whatever they were doing in the first place. Or like some folks I know will give BS answers just for the fun of it to mess with the beancounters.

A great study IMO would be on that addressed those center lanes that allow things like delivery trucks to park in whilst unloading, two moving vehicles to occupy at the same time and any other use that I ain't thought of or seen yet. Then we got your bicycle lanes that don't even have signs that tell ya that red is double points on odd days.

I think I will carry a copy of that study and try to use it to convince one of our local LEOS that since they do it in California he should understand that it's really OK here too. I'm thinking with studies like this I may need a bigger tank bag.

3. mofo

mofo New Member

United States
    Map
    Not sure where "here" is, but I think there is plenty of information -flawed or not. legal or otherwise - to learn from this study.

4. Badbilly

United States

Sorry but that sort of answer would get a lower than passing grade on an exam. There seems to be no major premise to the study other than its just being a study. Generally the larger the study the more errors are contained. Basic statistical analysis stuff. What is important in such studies are premises and conclusions. Check oot the endlines of this post for some reallyu interesting data on who may or may not have been part of this very detailed study. Not included but available is ASL.

Here? Seattle and Coastal Oregon.. Washington has a modified version of lane splitting/sharing that presents in the loading sequence of the Washington State Ferries. Walkons, bicycles and motorcycles in that order go to the head of the line. Those lines are loaded with four wheel vehicles in the Summer months.

This procedure has been in effect for who knows how many decades yet cagers have been known to open both doors on their cars, throw cans and bottles at bicyclists and motorcyclists, physically try to block the path of said passengers, and a whole shitload of other stuff that ain't in the
    study.. I fully expect some day that some cager with a snootful is gonna attempt one or more of those tactics and run afoul of one of the biker bad boys "here".

The scenario: HAMC/Bandito/Mongol stops his bike to keep from running over some cager who thinks he is going to make everything right with the world after a six pack and texting his mom. Cager tells bad boy he can't do what he is doing. Bad boy says "No?" Curtain closes. There is no act II.

"Here" used to be Houston and LA too and a hell of a lot of saddle time in all those places here and there.

Oregon has no sophisticated ferry system that I know of. We have the other kind but most of them are harleydoods.

"What other languages is the written or audio test available in?"

Besides English, the basic Class C written driver license exam is also available in the following languages:
    Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Cambodian, Chinese, Croatian, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Persian/Farsi, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Samoan, Spanish, Tagalog/Filipino, Thai, Tongan, Turkish, and Vietnamese.

Besides English, the basic Class C audio driver license exam is also available in the following languages:
    Armenian, Cantonese, Cambodian, Hindi, Hmong, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, Mandarin, Portuguese, Punjabi, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog and Vietnamese.

Note: To allow you sufficient time for testing DMV will not be administering written or audio exams after 4:30 p.m.

Directly from The California DMV website.

5. mofo

mofo New Member

United States
    Map
    Is all good, I always fail anyways.

6. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Hmpf! Not available in Canuckeese. Fackin commie Yankee bastards.

7. mofo

mofo New Member

United States
    Map
    Perhaps we can get Mr. Long to translate?

8. Badbilly

United States
    If it was, California would soon be overrun with "those" people who nobody can understand.

9. Badbilly

United States
    Bet he could maybe do it in French too. Long has also nailed it with his famous declaration that "OC Suck!"

10. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    They don't speak French here. They have their own language back east. Quebecois. I am told it is remarkably different than Parisian French. Wouldn't know. I speak Canajun and gutter.

11. Badbilly

United States
  12. tyarosevich

tyarosevich New Member

United States
    Map
    Quebecois is a culture, not a language. The linguistic difference between the Quebecois accent and Parisian French is *less* than that between American and British English (citation on wikipedia).

13. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    this is useless dribble :drinkers:

14. Outboard John

Outboard John New Member

You would know better than anyone!
    John