Luck turning around?

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by Dusthawk, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Dusthawk

Dusthawk New Member

I am eagerly awaiting the next hour, a friend is on his way to pick me up so we can go get a parts bike. Found it on C-list for $50. Yes, only $50, lolol. Everything is has on it look in good condition, the guy says the pipes are almost new, carbs were just gone through so they should be perfect and the isolators should be in at least good condition. I could conceivably be on the road this time tomorrow.

I am on pins and needles, I can't sit still, two great bits of good luck in two weeks!!!!!:thumbsup:

Attached Files:

2. Fazer1Sniper

Fazer1Sniper New Member

To call it a steal just dont cover it...

3. crustyrider

crustyrider New Member

Map
    you robbed the guy...plain and simple straight up....
    hopefully it all works...remember....pay your good fortune forward.....

4. Dusthawk

Dusthawk New Member

Check it out, he posted it as a parts bike for only $50, I didn't haggle at all, I saw it for the deal it was and I couldn't be happier. Iterceptor 750

It was junked in the DMV records and I have no plans on rehabbing it, but I will be offering up parts to everyone here for Awesome prices, maybe even just shipping costs. Hopefully there will be parts on it that I don't use that people here need to get a project back on the road. I would like no feeling better than to know that one of my parts helped someone else get back to riding.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  5. Dusthawk

Dusthawk New Member

This is going to sound bad, but what model is this? I can't find a model on any of the paperwork and the seller just called it an Interceptor. Is it VF or VFR, or what? Almost everything on it looks Identical to my VF700F but so far I have noticed a small difference. One is that on the front left side of the rear inner fender there is a tab that holds a rubber mount for a rectangular electronic box, but on my VF700F it hold a cylinder, also, beneath the nose fairing there are two canisters, which my VF700F do not have. Should they be there, or is this a different model.

in the day time I will get more pics and info from the bike, but I have the VIN. Is there a VIN look-up somewhere that can tell me what model it is? I do know it is a 700 by the stamp on the case.

Thanks,

Dusthawk.

6. great white

great white New Member

Well, assuming that's the original paint scheme, it's definitely a 1985. The paint scheme on the ducktail and fairing indicate this. The all black clutch cover was also a 1985 thing.

As a 1985 from the states, it could either be a 700 or 750. Check the engine cylinder castings for the actual size.

I'd appreciate a price quote on the plastics (fairing, ducktail and anything else) and call "dibs" if you're selling them...been searching for a decent set for a repaint for a while...

Feel free to PM me if you want.

CHeers

7. masonv45

masonv45 New Member

8. Dusthawk

Dusthawk New Member

I am in California, but with all the immigrants from other states we have a ton of non-Cali bikes here, lol.

I think my battery is bad also, even with a charger hooked up all night on low, and turned on while I tried, all I got when I pressed the start button was a buzzing from the solenoid. I changed out to another solenoid but got the same noise.