LOWERING LINK FOR VFR800

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by MCT54, Mar 13, 2003.

1. blufc3s

blufc3s New Member

I cut my side stand, & mig welded 3 splints on it with 1/4" steel. I use an 18"x12" piece of 3/4' plywood with a 12"x12" piece of 3/4" plywood screwed on top with a bevelled edge & ride the back wheel up on it to get the rear up, for an easy lift on the center stand, when I need to use it.
    Stew

2. Triplepac

Triplepac New Member

Stew,
    Didn't even think of that approach. Simple engineering of a piece of wood. Heck, I can use that on any centerstand. I don't weld so I'll find someone when I'm ready to cut & splice. My girlfriend is also the same height and rides (CBR) so she'll appreciate it as well. We've struggled with "bit too tall" bikes for years so we're gonna make it right. (I admit it; I dropped her CBR in the driveway years ago). I didn't even consider my VFR dream-bike until I ran into a lowered one sitting in a showroom. Again, thanks so much for your help!
    Kent, Seattle

3. Triplepac

Triplepac New Member

P.S. In my gallery, there's a picture I took of some VFR800P's when I was in Tokyo. Thier handlebars come "way" up and I think they sit a bit lower. Those guys are about my height. Triplepac

4. acc62001

acc62001 New Member

2005 vfr

are your kits still available? please email me at acc62001@yahoo.com....