loud pipes

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by mrVfrUSAF, May 24, 2004.

1. btt

btt New Member

Hey! I am looking for a new slip on for my 2001 vfr 800. I am carrying an D&D carbon fiber right now but unfortunately, there is a crack on the can. Let me know if anyone has an extra wanting to sell. Thanks.

2. bennsdb

bennsdb New Member

3. Christopher Griffin

Christopher Griffin New Member

Leo Vince Is Puuurrfect!

Haven't seen any replies touting Leo Vince. I install them several months ago on my 04 - they are awesome; Deep, throaty, and howl when the Vtec comes on. Below that range, they sound like a V8. Music!

4. WARNZIE67

WARNZIE67 New Member

Hey xander, I have an 02' with stock exhaust just wondering how ya went about the de-baffling procedure as I would be very interested if ya can give me the low down as the Minister for War & Finance will see this as a better alternative to allowing me to get a new set of after market cans 8)

5. PARedVFRRider

PARedVFRRider New Member

I recently put on a set of Two Brothers Dual V.A.L.E Slip-Ons on my 2005 VFR800. I think the sound is great and I also noticed a definite seat of the pants improvement in power. I've also added the Dynojet PCIII with the O2 Elim about a week after installing the Two Borthers exhaust. I love the sound of the 2brothers before and after the PCIII install. With the PCIII I definitely picked up more HP and better acceleration and smoother shifting (the throttle surge is gone) Also that flat spot around the VTec kick in is pretty much gone. VTEC just starts singing at 7k RPM and you get a definite kick in power.

Now with all this said I am happy with the 2 brothers sound, but I'm not happy that the left can is a dummy can and the information on the exhaust did not say anything about that on the V.A.L.E system. It clearly did on the Stash, but I thought the V.A.L.E was a true dual setup until I opened the box and noticed no cross over pipe. I know 2 brothers did it due get proper backpressure to not lose HP in the low RPM range. I also think if you were running the exhaust through both cans the sound would not be a wonderful. So the only problem is if someone really walks right behind the bike and notices that only the right side exhaust is really working. I've heard guys who have had a muffler shop connect the dummy can (cause it is a real muffler just like the right side, 2 brothers just doesn't ship a connecting pipe), but didn't hear much on what that did with the sound, perhaps if any of those guys are reading this thread they can comment.

So if you are ok with having only one can functional, the V.A.L E system is sounds pretty sweet on the VFR. To get an idea of how it sounds, pull the stock pipe off and run the engine with only the cats and no muffler. Picture that sound just a bit more muffled and you'll get the picture on how the two brothers V.A.L.E will sound. its exactly like running no exhaust only a few decibles quieter. The burble, and bark is almost exactly the same. To me it sounds like a small block chevy V8, think Nascar! But I don't want to confuse it with the Staintunes.

6. PARedVFRRider

PARedVFRRider New Member

Almost bought the Leo Vince's myself, but decided to go with the V.A.L.E Two Brothers due to the look of the tail of the muffler.

Is the Leo Vince setup is a true dual? I assume it is, but just checking.

7. viferpilot

viferpilot New Member

Map
    Remus cans on my 2003 and custom-mapped for the PowerCommander. In VTEC territory (+7000rpm ) the V-four growls very nicely. Of course the 'sports' personality ( and smile factor ) of this tourer comes to the fore in the 7500-10,500 rpm range.

8. Bill'sVFR

Bill'sVFR New Member

Map
    Hello, I'm not satisfied with the way my VFR sounds either, so can you tell me how to take out the baffles, or do you know of a link that tells how to do it? Thanks for your help!

9. PUSkunk

PUSkunk New Member

Hey Bill, I think the link to the discussion on here was posted on page one or two of this thread, if you look back through.

10. scoots

scoots New Member

Hi guys I have a stainless high level scorpion on my '01 800, sound great but had a DEVIL carbon high level on a '98 and the scorpion doesn't compare the DEVIL exhaust was just sweet.(man I miss her).

11. rngdng

rngdng New Member

I'm sorry, but grow up. Noise is just noise. If you want noise, buy a friggin' Harley with open pipes. Jeez. Why not just take the entire muffler off and throw it away?

Lane

12. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    Because the VFR's V4 with after market cans dosn't make noise it makes brilliant music, ear plugs out following a line of aftermarket piped Gen 4, 5 & 6's through mountain twisties and honestly their is no better sound in the world that can intoxicate ones spirit in quite the same way. :cool:

13. ST3VO

ST3VO New Member

Map
    Lazer K1

well i bought my old bike vfr 750 f 1987
    which came fitted with a Lazer K1 exhaust which is very loud.
    but to be honest i dont like it as its to loud for me
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=n19RwYz9prs

14. Bubba Zanetti

Bubba Zanetti Member

United States
    Map
    Thank you Lane...I was waiting for the voice of reason to show up.

BZ

15. gervasio

gervasio New Member

Silver Spring, MD. Live in the People's Republic
    LOL! :biggrin:

While I understand some people may seem obsessed about noise, someone mentioned earlier it's about staying alive. My new job requires me to trek around the Capitol Beltway in bumper to bumper rush hour each day. I want these cell phone talkin' KNUCKLEHEADS to know I'm next to them.

Otherwise that that, I'd just keep my stock exhaust.

16. acerboo

acerboo New Member

United States
    Map
    I like the Ixil, (look them up on youtube great custom blue bike) Leo vince and devil the most. TBR sound nice. The scorpions, blue flame , wolf, and laser are okay to me (maybe it was just the clips i heard though)

Also indysuperbike.com has some nice prices on arrow and a pretty good array of choices.

Update* STARCYCLE website has awesome price on leo vince lowest i've found so far.

and E-bay for TBR

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  17. Cundalini

Cundalini New Member

Map
    I ddint read this whole thread. It was too long. So pardon me if anyone already said this...
    Brub burb bruuuub brub.

thanks.

18. VFR-Viking

VFR-Viking New Member

For those of you who were asking about the stock 6th gen debaffling procedure read my recent thread in the 6th gen forum. I explain the whole thing. SOUNDS AWESOME, and cost me $80 for a second hand set of 6th gen pipes. I will not be buying an aftermarket exhaust anytime soon.

19. jspeed

jspeed New Member

I bought HMF racing Yamaha R1 canisters and welded them to my stock exhaust pipe. Best thing i've ever did. perfect sound. and super cheap.

20. 02 VFR Rider

02 VFR Rider New Member

got a pic of them?????