Looking for some PA/MD area VFR freaks

Discussion in 'USA - Northeast' started by 00vfr, Oct 6, 2007.

1. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
    00VFR...It looks like you posted this Friday afternoon, so I'm guessing you mean next week... or did I miss the date in there?

2. 00vfr

00vfr New Member

You got it nozzle, I meant the 29th. Starting out right for March with some miles put in. You thinking of going?

3. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
    Depends on my son. If he makes the regional wrestling tournament, then I'm there for him. then the second weekend in March is the State tournament, and he has a shot to get there too, so my Fridays and Saturdays are booked.

If you come back through Sunday, Maybe I can catch you coming up the 301 bridge over the Potomac (instead of 95) and ride you up some roads on the way home. It would add two hours to your trip North, but you'd get to see some of SMIBville.

4. PARedVFRRider

PARedVFRRider New Member

5. JHKolb

JHKolb New Member

So, did anyone get out this weekend?

My son and I went window shopping at Fast By Ferracci on saturday, those MV Agusta F4's sure are pretty! Ordered a new set of Rev'It riding boots while I was there.

Got in a 100 mile ride sunday, ran backwoods down to Philly, ran the river to the Philly Art Museum, did the Rocky thing with the bike at the top of the steps (couldn't resist), then ran back through the twisty back roads of Gladwyn/Villanova/Valley Forge/Pheonixville and back home again.

Leaving early today as well, going to ride up to Quakertown and back through Red Hill area and back to Lansdale (school night), can't waste these warm sunny winter days

6. PARedVFRRider

PARedVFRRider New Member

Hey John, I rode about 100 miles yesterday as well. I stayed a little more close to home and went round and round the twisties in and around the Limerick Power Station. I also, did about 6 passes on Neiffer road in Limerick/Ziglersville area. It's a sweet road with a lot of twisties many at 90 degrees. I also rode out towards Green Lane / Red Hill and a bit east of there towards Montgomeryville and then cruised home. I rode the bike in to work today, so I have it in KOP and will be heading home around 3pm back up towards the Skippack area. I may see you up in that neck of the woods. I'll be riding up there between 3pm and 4:15pm for the most part.

7. V-FouRce

V-FouRce New Member

Map
    Man, I knew Id be hearing something about this weather soon from someone around here. I spent my Monday getting my new front 15 tooth front sprocket and Chain on, not done with the bike yet, though, I am getting there. i know I havent spoken to some of you but looking forward to meeting some new people to ride with this summer. Anyway glad to hear someone around here got in some ridin, I heard alot of em out this afternoon.

8. 00vfr

00vfr New Member

What perfect weather! As soon as I hit VA it was steady in the 50's and by the time I got to the coast of NC it was 72 and stayed in that range the whole time.I enjoyed it so much that I didn't leave yesterday until 7 that night.But I made it home by 3am this morning. 1400 miles and I am ready for another 1400,just maybe not so soon. Anybody have a good aftermarket seat?

9. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
    :smile:

Thanks for the update. Glad you made it back, even with a not-so-happy backside.

peace,
    Paul

10. VelocityFR

VelocityFR New Member

PA VFR Freak here in NW Lehigh County (close to Berks). Any rides happening in the coming weekends in my region?

Check this link for group ride suggestions:
    http://www.martinmoto.com/miscpage_006.asp
    I plan on doing the ride SEPTEMBER 20 – SATURDAY, THE HICKORY RUN.

11. 00vfr

00vfr New Member

Hey y'all!
    Just letting you guys know that I am back. Would you guys mind if I rode with you even though my beloved VFR is still missing in action? (PS:When I find the commie that took it.....)