LOOKING FOR RIDERS/DESTINATION: Southern Quebec (Montreal)

Discussion in 'Canada & Alaska' started by Ohlias, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Ohlias

Ohlias New Member

Canada
    Hi everyone

My regular riding crew has dwindled so much that I am way too often riding alone. For two years now, I've hoped to take and overnight ride somewhere, but would much prefer to do it with some other riders. I'm fairly open to where we ride. I'm not a hooligan, but do enjoy a spirited tour when the conditions permit to do so "safely".

I'm in the greater Montreal area, but can easily get to Ottawa or Vermont/New York, etc...

I'm on vacation from the 6th of August for a week. That's the ideal time.

2. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
  3. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Member

Canada
    Map
    Come do the Duffy Lak Loop with BCA1 and I next Wednesday. You should be able to get here by then. Eight days is plenty to get to Vancouver from Montreal. I would love to ride your area sometime before I leave this earth. But I don't think the bike is going to last long enough for me to make the decision to do so. The Gaspe would be a grand place to ride I think. Of course, I would just have to visit Old Quebec City too. Viewing all that old architecture there would give me a permanent hardon.

4. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    Montreal has unique, beautiful hidden alleyways .

5. Ohlias

Ohlias New Member

Canada
    It's actually looking pretty good that I will head to ile d'orleans (Orleans Island) 3.5 hours from here with some scenic roads. (Chemin du roi - Route of the King) as well as through the town of Trois Rivieres (Three Rivers) which is quaint and a min point stop for lunch. Then once there there are waterfalls and bicycle tours all over the scenic place. There will be no other riders but my wife will come along for the first time long distance trip. Now I have to go buy her a new helmet!

Gaspe might be the next trip, little further away (7+ hours). Then the Cabot Trail out east...