Let's make a list of AUS members here

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by daffy67, Oct 15, 2006.

1. v-liqour

v-liqour New Member

Map
    Hi all
    Thought I'd drop in and say hi
    Well the Putty,Wisemans and Bells line is the play ground,
    At the backdoor
    Started riding Vf750's when they first came out never got to own one till now
    My Toy now a pearly white VFR800 2013 plate,
    Yeh it's fun (maybe too much)
    Have ridden all the variations due to working in the bike game
    image.jpg
    Yep rode a few of these as well lotsa fun
    But hey that's life
    image.jpg
    Well they tell the land down under but !!??
    Scott
    Sixth Gen 303

2. Hafster

Hafster New Member

Czech Republic
    Map
    Hafster - Gold Coast Hinterland - 2011 Suzuki Hayabusa - I have owned 6 Honda motorcycles before being led to the dark side of the force over the past 25 years and will hopefully return to the Honda fold with a VFR1200 sooner than later.

3. Manwell

Manwell New Member

Map
    Manwell's one of my names, there are two bikes in the garage, a 1984 VF1000F Black/Red, and a Red/Black 2010 VFR1200F. Live in Brissie with the missus and 4 kids. Run an insulation contracting company, and used to fly for a living.

4. Rainbow7

Rainbow7 New Member

Did you give that up for medical reasons or simply because the money is shit?

What did you fly?

5. DragonCypher

DragonCypher New Member

Map
    Earlier this week I saw a 2007 RWB VFR800 Anniversary model cruising down Beenleigh Rd in Runcorn (South Brisbane). First one I've seen in person..

Hi if you're on here :wave:

6. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map
    Hi and warm welcome to the MadHouse

Its always good to see new faces appear here - but when you get a chance please also head over to the introductions forum and say hi to the rest of VFRWorld.

People on here do like to see photos of your VFR so if you don't want folks ragging on you its a good idea to add some photos soon.

Take care

SkiMad

7. Manwell

Manwell New Member

Map
    Hi Rainbow, just ended up doing it for money and stability I suppose. You're right, the money is not good - unless you're in a nice corporate jet or turbine helicopter. Mostly flew GA Piston aircraft, Chieftains, C402, Barons, and some time in Metro 23s. Did a lot of flight instruction as well, training airline pilots from QANTAS, Malaysia Airlines, JAL, ANA etc. And a lot of that was teaching them aerobatics which was great fun.

Are you in aviation in Qld?

8. Manwell

Manwell New Member

Map
    Thanks for the welcome. I did try to post in the introduction forum but the links didn't work and I couldn't find it in the forums. I've already posted pics of the bikes too mate. Check them out - a 1984 VF1000F, and a 2010 VFR1200F

9. skimad4x4

France
    Map
    No worries - at the moment the site has some gremlins - after a few unwelcome guests.:chaingun::ranger:

You will find the main intro forum is over here...

http://vfrworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/53-Introductions

I can see you have already figured out the gallery - and also know that red bikes are the fastest:potstir:. So what made you decide to buy the 1200 in the States rather than OZ?

PS - If you want to insert an image direct into a post on here, then click on the icon 2 to the right of the envelope symbol above - then follow the prompts to select and upload the image.

Take care

SkiMad

10. Rainbow7

Rainbow7 New Member

Yeah, but who'd want to be a glorified bus driver?

I did my CPL(H) on the Sunshine Coast but I'm not flying here at the moment due to having had major surgery a few months back. I went through my Class 1 Avmed a couple of weeks ago, so hopefully the twits at CASA will reissue an approval. I'm trying to get work down in Victoria.

11. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    So do you fly guys down under have the equivalent of a mile high club only in kilometers?

12. Manwell

Manwell New Member

Map
    Glad to hear you're mended Rainbow, what sort of work are you looking for in Melbourne? And where have you worked in Australia? I used to work for Helimuster and Heli-Aust years ago now.

13. Hawkeye66

Hawkeye66 New Member

Hawkeye66 95 eibach springs front,rear ,goodridge brake lines plus a few more mods

14. skimad4x4

France
    Map
    I believe you but others won't - at least until they see at least one photo of this mythical VFR!

Anyway welcome to the MadHouse.:welcome:

Please swing by the "introductions" sub-forum and say a proper hello to the rest of the VFR World forum tell us a bit about yourself and your biking history and definitely include a photo. (To add a photo hit "reply", choose the "Insert Image" icon (two to the right of the envelope) and follow the prompts..)

It is worth scrolling down the home page and checking out posts on relevant sub-forums where you will find information on many of the popular mods to these bikes. The Specifications sub-forum has links to lots of external resources - things like service manuals which may also be of interest, and if you come across something which may be of interest to others please don't hesitate to add a link.

You may also want to update your forum profile (My profile" tab at the very top of the page) to include the specs of your bike and a rough location, that way they will appear beside all your posts and if you need help you may find someone willing to swing by and assist especially if you have a well stocked beer fridge, and may find there are other VFR owners living nearby who will be up for a meet or a barbeque sometime.:vtr2:

Take care

SkiMad

15. BloodyAussie

BloodyAussie New Member

Hi, from Sydney on my '08 800

16. kangarabbit

kangarabbit New Member

Australia
    Map
    Hi, live in Brisbane '07 VFR800 Member of Ulysses and loving the life.

17. Webber

Webber New Member

Hi ya all. Been a while since posted last. Bought a brand new 08 VFR and traded that in on a new 010 model. Still got the 010 (red, gold wheels) and still wrapped with it even now in 015. Still reckon it looks better than the new model and in no rush t part with it. Done 30,000 k's and its such a joy to tear around the hills here in exciting ADELAIDE, or venture interstate as a sports tourer. Recommend these bikes to anyone as long as your aware: (don't kick down TOO many gears into a slow bend at high speed - or the v-tec and single swing-arm combined will spit you into the weeds.)
    Comfort, speed, economy and all round sexy lines on these bikes, make me a VFR owner and very, very proud of it. :peaceful:
    "'ITS ALL ABOUT WOT U CAN GET AWAY WITH!!!!!! Carry on regardless - an good luck t all.

18. pbg07

pbg07 New Member

Ladies and gents I'm in Mackay qld and first time vfr owner. Bought a 2014 last year and love it. Is anyone riding to the gp this year??

19. NormK

NormK New Member

Yes I ride to the GP every year, well sort of, start with the ride from Cranbourne with 5000 plus bikes but pull off at Langwarrin after about 30ks at the BSA Club site to sit and watch all the bikes go by while eating an egg and bacon sandwich and coffee, sorry probably not what you wanted to know

20. pbg07

pbg07 New Member

That's all good normk. It's cool to see where what and why people do this ride.