Leathers vs jeans and T's...you decide.

Discussion in 'New Riders' started by reg71, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States

Is this some iteration of stream of unconciousness writing or did you flunk or drop out of creative writing 101? Love those smileys, but overuse is a sign of running out of steam at the most inoppotune moments.

Kudos for getting the harley joke. I have to admit it was sort of fringe humor with a great punch line.

2. Pliskin

Pliskin New Member

United States
    Map
    They just keep coming, huh Billy?

3. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    I had the worst, I repeat the worst head-ache when I helmet tested my Arai...it still sees passenger duty for un-worthy ones :evil:

Knocking yourself out hurts worse the next day!

4. soloii-74

soloii-74 New Member

United States
    Map
    Had a *stale* Philosophy PHD teaching assistant for my English 101 course many moons ago. Never took a creative writing course (it shows). When I do write, I mostly do technical or training stuff.

:fencing: :chairshot: :plane: :smileyfb: :drinkers: :peep: :rockband: :hitit: I guess I've run out of steam.... :potstir:

So... What is the price range on those fake DOT stickers? (for Harley Riders of course) :focus:
    :pop2:

5. Crescentius

Crescentius New Member

Map
    I hear you can get a silver sharpie for $1.50 at Staples and make your own. $105.50 for the official Harley branded one.

6. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Are those Sharpies organic?

7. JBzRed07

JBzRed07 New Member

8. BRad704

BRad704 New Member

I just read this entire thread word-for-word and I have come to 3 conclusions...

1- I'm still not watching that video.
    2- I'm going to go get riding pants and boots to go with my FF helmet, waterproof-armored-linered textile jacket and armored winter gloves.
    3- The pants and boots will mean I can't afford the GoPro 3 that I've been looking at. And I'm A-OK with that.

9. drude

drude New Member

Map
    While in the summer i usually just ride in jeans and a mesh jacket, plus helmet and gloves of course, last summer was incredibly HOT in Toronto. I ended up riding most days in just a t-shirt. Sometimes even in shorts!

Then in October I crashed. It was a cold day and I was in full gear from head to toe. A cager turned left in front of me. I had no time to react and hit his SUV dead centre. thank fully I wasn't going that fast. But i still flew over my bike into his truck. My knees took a dead on hit, my face, and right elbow. Thank god my hear had armor in it! for next summer I'm going to get some riding jeans with armor in the knees, and will always be wearing the mesh jacket at least

10. OOTV

OOTV Insider

The thing about riding in traffic is that you NEVER know when something might happen. I actually went down in my own town home complex when I hit a slick spot going around an obstacle, I had not even made it to the public streets yet. Although I was ATGATT, it wasn't with my maximum protection gear (Leather suit) but with the minimum to keep me from bruising/injuring myself.

Personally, I think the minimum investment should be Kevlar jeans with some type of body armor (Knees, Hips) to wear underneath, a textile jacket with shoulder, elbow/forearm and back armor. A full face Helmet, boots (with ankle protection) and leather gloves. After getting back into street riding after a hiatus, I have since bought several "sets" of riding gear, both textile and leather. Whether it's hot, cold, sunny or rainy, I have an outfit that will keep me comfortable and protected.

11. Alaskan

Alaskan Member

United States
    Map
    This summer I tripped walking my dog and fell flat on my face and hands. Blood everywhere! Wish I had been wearing my gear!

12. Durk

Durk New Member

This is why I hate facebook and deleted my account.
    OMG, I'm in intensive care, quick, someone take cell phone pics of me so I can post them online.

13. motorhead1977

motorhead1977 New Member

United States
    Map
    Hmmmmm. My bet is that she will be back on a bike again and without ATGATT. You just can't fix stupid! I have some friends (HD riders, surprise) who have crashed in a serious way and still ride with beanie style "helmets" here in NY and go to a "free state" CT or NH so they can ride sans that horrible contraption affixed to the vacant space on top of their necks. Bad crash and still no ATGATT. Go figure. As for hot summer riding - mesh or if you want to be part of the fashion show - jeans over Bohn Armor body armor protective under gear. jeans look ordinary and you still have the armor. Nice.