Lake St. Clair Ride

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by mlap5150, Sep 22, 2013.

1. mlap5150

mlap5150 New Member

United States
    Map
    Hey guys, just thought I'd post about my ride today. A coworker and I rode along Lake St. Clair and the St. Clair river on the Michigan side from St. Clair Shores to Port Huron. Here is the route we took, basically just Jefferson/M-29 around the lake and up to Port Huron:

route.jpg

We stopped in Marine city to get a view of the river. That's my buddy from work on the left with his Ducati Diavel Carbon.
    IMG_20130922_125309_935.jpg

Then we happened to catch a freighter going by.
    IMG_20130922_125723_161.jpg

We stopped at Quay Street Brewery in Port Huron for lunch, which is a downtown spot just off the water. Good food and good beer, only complaint was the lack of TVs (was hoping to catch some of the Lions game).
    IMG_20130922_132851_226.jpg IMG_20130922_132856_929.jpg

Then we took the slab back home. The weather went from 65 and sunny upon departure to 50 and cloudy about halfway to Port Huron, so we were in a bit of a hurry to get back home and warm up. Overall it was a really fun trip. The scenery was great on the way up and the roads for the most part were twisty enough to keep things interesting. Great ride for anyone in the Metro Detroit area looking for a fun, scenic route.

Attached Files:

2. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map
    Very nice pictures. :thumbsup:

Shame the weather was not playing ball, but at least it stayed dry. Certainly over here once the temperature starts to drop, heated grips are a great way to extend the riding season by a few weeks.

Take care

SkiMad

3. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Thanks for sharing that Duc Diavel is sick......:thumb:

4. rangemaster

rangemaster New Member

United States
    Map
    My family lived in New Baltimore for about 20 years. From there north it is a nice ride.

5. mlap5150

mlap5150 New Member

United States
    Map
    I just realized I didn't even get a pic of the good side. He got the exhaust powder coated and removed the cat, not only does it look sweet, it is LOUD! I can't hear my exhaust at all when riding with him.

IMG_20130823_130950_422.jpg

Yeah that was definitely the best part of the trip. St. Clair looks like a really nice town too, I might make that a stop on my next trip.