Laguna Seca MotoGP Roll Call

Discussion in 'Racing & Track Days' started by reg71, Jul 22, 2007.

1. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Boo Hiss silly, see if I try to find a good shot again LOL actually that upper part of the photo is getting like 80% of it as that's right after the top, every one sees the top, not everyone can get to this location seeing em fly by :tongue: still yours and this one tell the whole story huh? :biggrin:

2. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
    Fox Attempted coverage.

My Comcastic cable provider sends my house SPEED network, I prefer their announcers to the Fox guys... of the fox color commntators, I prefer Freddie Spencer to Kevin Schwantz (sorry if I misspelled names) as Kev just sounds stiff. The SPEED coverage of the

Fox never did get a Hayden to talk on the air after the race, nor did I catch any of the other talking head shows to hear what happened.

Did anyone hear why Nicky stopped? bike and/or him?

I could not believe that Miguel D. pulled in his bike after "not feeling it". Jeepers, that would get me hot if I was his sponsor. The Hayden boys didn't help their sponsors either by not getting in front of the mike after the home town race on national TV. The aussies raced well and represented the sport well.... Why would the American public watch more MotoGP when the Americans don't even want to talk with them in prime time.

Geez. doesn't look promising for a motoGP inspired VFR for the American market.

3. Tori

Tori New Member

United States
    Map
    yep.... and since Reggie doesnt know the cork-screw from a hole in the ground :boink: I figured id show him main part. By the time the cars/bikes get to your shot they've already run off the track and got back on... LOL

I've gotten to drive that track a few times in my mini, and i can say im honestly intimidated by that hill. I plan on doing a track day there sometime on the bike, but im a wee bit scared of it. :shocked:

4. rmcobb

rmcobb New Member

Map
    Suppossedly, his brake adjuster got broke when he had his contact with Hopkins.....not sure how being he got hit on the left, but maybe his hand got mislodged and did something.

Anyway, as his brakes started to fade, he needed to adjust them but couldn't. The longer he went, the slower he had to go as he couldn't brake effectively, eventually calling it quits for his safety and the safety of the other riders.

5. rmcobb

rmcobb New Member

Map
    Can't comment on Reg's knowledge :biggrin: but don't be intimated by "the screw"

Hit Laguna as soon as you can, as you will have a shit eating grin on your face for a month, and thereafter every time you think of the times you were blasting around that track.

Once you figure out to aim for the middle tree, you just carve it in, and when you drop down the hill and see the right hander right where it needs to be :smile: God, thats nirvana.

Thanks for putting a smile on my face as I think about it.

6. WVFR

WVFR New Member

I was there also. Lots of VFRs and other things to look at. Oh, and there was a race...

Attached Files:

7. Tori

Tori New Member

United States
    Map
    I knew there was a reason i like the Repsol products :faint:

8. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Yea Man, totally agree, if you haven't been on this track it's a must do if you're in the area, been there done that, thou it's been a few years since, I doubt that it has changed much other than a missing tree, Yep, that flip over and the drop :eek: is something one needs to experience woo hoo, I can still recall the feeling, total Nivana is right. :biggrin:

9. Tori

Tori New Member

United States
    Map
    That put goose bumps on me....... damn ! Im just not sure i can do 70 degrees of lean angle ! Dang, did anyone else notice that..... Stoner is the friggin' MAN, (even if he looks like a boy) How'd this doode get so friggin' good ?:hail:

10. Bruise Lee

Bruise Lee New Member

Map
    Hey Reg, I was there!!! I had a ice chest full of cold drinks(pop) of all flavors and a fridge full of food. I have my rig set up in Can-Am space #92 it's just off the turn 5 exit. There is a guy in our campground that always comes with a beautiful RC30, this year he brought a 6th Gen that had USD forks and wave rotors. That was all I could see of it while driving by on my out of the campsite. Maybe next year you can come up to visit, Greg.

11. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map

sure thing, greg. I'm sure there were lots of us there, but as usual we did a crappy job of preorganizing. kind of like we did with the get together we have all been talking about for a year or so. maybe it'll come off better next year. my wife says she wants to go. Hopefully I din't drop the cell at the gas station again. anyway, I still have you cell number so I'm sure I'll see you on a local ride before then.

later...

reg

12. michael

michael Administrator Staff Member

United States
    Map
  13. 06 VFR

06 VFR New Member

Hi guys I'm new to the forum... but I was down in Laguna too. Fantastic event. I got lucky and stayed at the same hotel as Casey Stoner, the Boz Brothers, and several other riders. Most of the Honda and Ducati teams guys were staying there too. Pretty cool getting to talk to those guys.

14. Tori

Tori New Member

United States
    Map
    what hotel was that ? Cool experience im sure !

15. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map

I got stuck behind some guy with a Ducati shirt on named Larry in the crowd crossing the dunlop bridge that apparently was well known. A couple others guys spotted him and started following him trying to get a picture. I have no idea who he was, though.

16. nozzle

nozzle New Member

United States
    Map
    Repsol does spell teamwork... :smile:

find Reg71's other post on motivation posters if you don't at least smirk at the above post.

17. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Hmm wonder if by chance that was Larry as in VFRWorld member BUSYLTTLESHOP he's well know for a few things besides that he rides a RC45 so Hmmm?

18. 06 VFR

06 VFR New Member

Tori, I stayed at the Marriott downtown... and yes it was cool and very unexpected.

19. rmcobb

rmcobb New Member

Map
    Was probably Larry Pegram. Long time Ducati rider, and has his own team this year.

20. SLOVFR

SLOVFR Member

United States
    Map
    Ok who are these guys?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And how you like this gear????