Key West 10/23 and 10/24

Discussion in 'Trips & Events' started by signal, Oct 13, 2015.

1. signal

signal Definitely Not New Member

United States
    I have a unit reserved in key west for 10/23 and 10/24:
    http://wickerguesthouse.com

Unit has two queen beds. So one is available. If someone would like to do a ride down and join me, all I ask is you pay for half the room. Right now its hard to get any rooms down there as this is during Fantasy Fest. I don't plan on dressing up as of right now, I have never been to FF before.

Basically just looking to go down there, chill out, see some shit, enjoy the ride and meet some people.

I don't care if its one or two or hell even 3 people sharing the other bed......I guess the more the merrier, so hit me up if your interested or have any tips for me on FF.

2. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    I lived in key west for 24 years, I can give you some tips if you like. Be very careful on the ride down, it will be a total shit shown down there on the week leading up to fantasy fest and there will be cops EVERYWHERE. The entire Florida keys is a giant speed trap, you have been warned lol. Also take the turnpike and not I95 or US1 through the mainland. I95 and I4 are death traps and should be avoided at all costs.

3. signal

United States
    Thanks, yes I always take Turnpike for as far as I can. I hope the roads are not backed up, this is first weekend of FF so its just getting started. I will likely leave the bike parked while i am there ,and just drink and walk around. I have never taken my bike to the keys and so I thought this is a good opportunity to checkout the road over the water!

4. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    It is a beautiful view to those that haven't seen it before. It is an extremely slow and painful road for those that have traveled it a million times. I am sure it will be backed up. Take your time, be careful, enjoy the view and watch out for dumb people trying to over pass when they shouldn't. There will be a lot of that.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

5. signal

United States
    Yeah, one of the few times I wish Florida allowed lane splitting. I don't do it, but I would do it slowly in bumper to bumper if I had to in that situation. But obviously its illegal so I can't do it at all, ugh.

6. rvmiller

rvmiller New Member

United States
    Map
    I bought my VFR from a guy that lived in Islamorda. My test ride was on Rt 1, and yup it was gridlock/ Traffic sucked. Still had a nice (4 day) weekend there; best part was going home with my Interceptor

Ride Red!

7. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    I lane split in orlando when traffic gets really bad, but i wouldn't think about it in the keys. The police per square mile ratio down there is unfathomable.

8. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    I have been going to the Keys my entire life. But I have never been to FF. Seen some crazy photos of it.... lots of naked women drinking loads of rum. lol I go for fishing and diving and do the traveling in the wee hours with no traffic. Towing a boat in heavy traffic is almost as painful as on a bike. Think about very early traveling, way before the sun comes up.

9. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    That's a good idea, but during ff at 5am, the only people on the road will be drunk as a skunk and also your view will be gone lol.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

10. Pliskin

Pliskin New Member

United States
    Map
    Sounds good, thanks for the invite on the boat. I'll be there in January. :wink:

11. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Great sail fishing in January off Palm Beach county. And for us down here its riding season. We get to turn off the air conditioning for a couple of months. lol

12. Pliskin

Pliskin New Member

United States
    Map
    Terrible hijack of this thread.

I have family all over FL - dad by Lauderdale, sister in Jacksonville, Mom over by clearwater. When I do go to FL, its to see whichever family member, but mostly to go fishing!

13. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Let me know when your down, it does not take much prodding to get me to go fishing.

14. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    They have party buses that go to Fantasy Fest, I like the Keys but would not wana endure the traffic/heat/tickets :loco: Go to Gilberts in Key Largo, its underneath the bridge, pretty kewel set up. Worst part of the Keys is the drive back, its such a bummer, I can't even think about it. The best would be to go down middle of the week, and come back same time...Watch out for bad drivers and coppers. :vtr2:

15. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    And watch out for solicitation from he/she's that look like SOW. The only time I go all the way to Key West is to jump on a boat heading out to fish the Dry Tortuga's. Great fishing out there. I usually go down to Big Pine, Little Torch area as it is the last of the old keys.

16. CandyRedRC46

CandyRedRC46 Member

United States
    Map
    very true