Just won a 2006 abs VFR bid on ebay-4264 miles on it mint shape-Looks like.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by sunofwolf, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Flip the triangle will give you close to an inch lower at no cost. Still have to drop the triple tree in the front........Let me see if I can find the post.

2. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    Have to try that inch fix, I got all winter to fix the bike up. I used to ride my r6 though the whole winter,but won't try that with a pretty bike. So sliders, one inch lower-never fill the tank full, need a tank bag, new Helmet, some soft saddle bags-better lighter sounding exhausts pipes-Bike cover, oil change,brake fluid replaced-new fork oil. clear sport touring shield and tires-boots-that's more than the bike costs:banana::laser:

3. Scubalong

United States
  4. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    Going to need to order a Bike cover,new helmet, those heavy duty sliders, tank bag-where is a good place to get all those things, my used 06 won't be here till early October. I have expensive leather gear, old helmet. I haven't been riding in years. I am going to get a temp plate for the bike-only because winter is on the way,but at least I can ride a few weeks.:strong:

5. Scubalong

United States
    Revzilla motorcycle super store new enough bike bandit........

6. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Like Long says..

On the new stuff everyone has a bellybutton err..opinion on what's best. Looking on the net is free (really free) Tons of dealers and some stealers too.. Look for things like closeouts and free shipping to save some pesos.

Maybe dump that old helmet and for those pricy leathers some LEXOL or one of the NikWax products.

7. Maggot

Maggot New Member

United States
    Map
  8. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    I bought a lot of leathers from new enogh, I got two old helmets-just dusted them off-they both work-going to want to change the oil right away and oil filter-. Th VFR is shipping tomorrow-the seller-is sending the original wind screen and fender, whats a great oil filter for a 06 VFR 800?:mech:

9. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    How about Purolator pure one oil filter PL-14610-work on the 06 vfr 800? Its like $6 on amazon!

10. OOTV

OOTV Insider

This is the one I use and here's a website where oil filters and oil are discussed...

Motorcycle Oil Filter Cross Reference

11. Badbilly

United States
  12. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    It looks like I am going to do my first mod, the battery is original and is on the way out-a very good guess, so I saw that they are now using lap top batterys in motorcyle's-they weigh about 2.5 pounds and have more power than the stock batterys, so I can save about 5.5 pounds and have a more powerfull better battery, by getting a new lithem motorcycle -they also have a longer warrantee, three years, the old type leaded versions only get a year-Has any tried these new low weight Lap top motorcycle batterys?:drum:

13. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    Looks like these new batterys are a expensive rip off-amg is the way to go-ebatterystogo wpz-12s $76 cca 250-call them tomorrow check on size as early years different battery size.:hss:

14. Scubalong

United States
    The lithium battery will loose crank in the cold climate
    Yuasa Delke are good :thumb:

15. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    amazon has a 250 cca battery for $73 amg-looks like just old tech works here,but I think this battery has a bit more juice than the stock one, going to get a battery tender too-I am starting to feel poor now, geeting 5 oil filters too. 2006 vfr shipped today-hopefully the shipping company does some damage, so I can collect some insurance dough:jason:

16. Badbilly

United States

Your're in luck.. We have a resident insurance dude here. "Snake" Pliskin. For scams you might want to PM "Chicky" who is really good at it and has posted up several of her favorites.

17. Maggot

Maggot New Member

United States
    Map
    Just my opinion but I think you should slow down. Wait until the bike arrives before you spend a lot of money. Did the previous owner say anything about replacing the battery? Five oil filters? Hoping a beautiful VFR shows up with shipping damage? That's just not right! When the bike arrives take your time, ride it, check everything out. Find out what you need first. Ride it as much as you can until the weather turns, which in your neck of the woods will be pretty soon. You have all winter to spend more money.

18. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    :whoops:I suppose your right,but I might as well get a battery-I don't wont to get stuck somewhere-I did when my battery failed on my old r6-motorcycle batterys don't last 7 years. Well the bike was shipped for its long trip. I wasn't getting too much stuff $6 oil filters aren't big cost stuff-joe rocket carbon helmet is $341. Light :peep:weight. I suppose,I would like a good looking bike with no damage till I get a hold of it-I know I would have dropped it in 7 years

19. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    I did spend extra dough on insurance no deductible,so its out of my hands what happens to the bike on its 1100 mile trip-all I know is when the shipper got it -it was in mint shape except for a old original battery, I worry about everything-I did want a good looking bike, I think I will try that Joe rocket carbon helmet-it looked like a really good one the lower priced ones just are heavy. I don't think buying a battery and battery tender, new helmet and oil filters are throw money around-I can all ways send it back if I don't like the stuff-amazon-never had a return problem. I only have a short period of time to test out the bike before winter-so full speed ahead and burn up the bridges as they say:madgrin::flame:

20. Scubalong

United States
    The next few days will be a looooooooooong wait :rolleyes:
    It is so nice here in So Cal Riding is just Amazing
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]