Just bought a 1991 vfr750 for £570, have a look...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Y282, May 25, 2014.

1. Y282

Y282 New Member

United Kingdom
    Out for a cold one yesterday... Screen Shot 2021-12-22 at 08.10.33.png

Thumbs likes this.
  2. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    I like the way the black is painted on the sub-frame part. Looks good - Matches the rear hub that is painted too. Peace

Y282 likes this.
  3. Y282

Y282 New Member

United Kingdom
    Cheers, yeah I did the frame with stoneguard. Was a bit of a faff but does make it look a little sharper imho.

I'm not 100% convinced with the hub colour though. Did it a few years back and do wonder if a pale gold or a silver might look better on it.

4. Andre

Andre New Member

Canada
    Love that HRC decal you have. Really modernized the look of the bike by doing that and getting rid of the "VFR" graphic. The stance looks great too. Looks like the seat is re upholstered and the choice of material really suits the bike. Overall, I must say, it's my favorite almost untouched (in a good way) RC36. Well done.

Y282 likes this.
  5. Y282

Y282 New Member

United Kingdom
    Cheers Andre, kind of you to say.

Been toying with the idea of importing a set of the red rear indicators, splicing stop/tails into them and putting indis on a bracket coming out of the bottom sides of the mudguard next, kind of Ducati style. Just a bit of a faff getting the red repeaters in the uk, they seem to be more of a US thing from what I can tell :)

6. Y282

Y282 New Member

United Kingdom
    Mini update, been using the vfr all winter in all weathers. It’s been legendary including a late night run to get medicine for an elderly relative last night.

Roll on warmer weather when i can give it the deep clean it deserves! AD518676-91B1-4AFA-AA96-9DA1CB561E57.jpeg

Thumbs and ridervfr like this.
  7. Andre

Andre New Member

Canada
    I think that would look sharp! I have indicators and prefer them over the amber. You're probably right, it is a US/Can norm for the VFRs.
    Meant to ask you...I still have yet to do the shock swap, but was wondering if you swapped in the stock VFR spring into the ZX14 shock? Also, since you've put some miles on, how is the handling with the new shock and, what kind of settings did you run for comp/rebnd/preload ? I'm about 215lbs, and usually ride with the wife i
    on the back, she's about 120lbs.
    Cheers!

8. Captain 80s

Captain 80s Member

United States
    You can run the red lenses as all three if you use a trailer light converter box. They are designed to incorporate the functions from vehicles with separate turn signals and brake/running lights into a trailer with just one light each side. I ran one on a VF1000R for a few years in the two round taillights; running lights, brake lights and turn signals. The taillights just weren't really far enough apart to be very conspicuous. The VFR doesn't have that problem.

9. Y282

Y282 New Member

United Kingdom
    I put the whole zx14 shock in without taking anything off. I think I set everything to mid point when I did it and haven't needed to change it since.

I weigh about 175 and never carry pillion though.

One thing I have been considering is drilling a hole in the alloy frame to allow me to access one of the adjusters. It lines up with a void area between the alloy webbing on the inside of the frame so wouldn't be a risk to the bike.

10. Y282

Y282 New Member

United Kingdom
    Still going strong...

71266656324__895B5B6C-713F-4B24-B369-5A23ADC7A396.jpg gorge.jpg