June 2009 Flat 4 Tour

Discussion in 'USA - Central' started by jrock, Jan 6, 2009.

1. jrock

jrock New Member

Please note that this date conflicts with the AMA Motorcycle Races at Elkhart Lake in WI. Normally, we try to avoid this date, but unfortunately it is the only date in June of 2009 that works. We apologize for any inconvienience this causes.

Please keep in mind that there will be another Flat 4 Tour in September of 2009.

Date: Saturday June 6th - Sunday June 7th 2009

Start Point: BP in Starks, IL on 47/72 and 20 between 7:00 AM and 8:00 AM.

Destination: Lake City, MN

Return Departure: 9 AM on Sunday the 7th.

Milage: Estimated round trip distance is 800 miles.

Accommodations - F4T HQ

(also see alternative accommodations list below):

AmericInn Motel
    1615 North Lakeshore Dr.
    Lake City, MN 55041
    877-345-5611 or 651-345-5611
    Untitled Document

• Located across from Lake Pepin and a two-mile river walk with close up views of the Mississippi. Complimentary AmericInn Perk breakfast with Belgian Waffles, French Toast, yogurt, hard-cooked eggs, fresh fruit, juice and more.

• 10 rooms are blocked off under The Flat 4 Tour (8 Dbl Queens - smoking / 2 Dbl Queens - non-smoking).

• The block will expire on May 6th 2009 (30 days from the event).

• $102.99 for a standard room with two queen beds.

• Call and make your own reservation.

• A 3 day cancellation notice is required. If you guarantee your reservation, you must call and cancel by June 3rd or your credit card will be billed.

Route:

• Message me for the route (it is required that you include your e-mail address, real name, cell phone number and an emergency contact).

• Send me an e-mail at F4T@comcast.net (it is required that you include your real name, cell phone number and an emergency contact).

• Join The Flat 4 Tour group (or the event) on Facebook.

• The route is available in PDF format (text) nd GPS format (Garmin Mapsource). We are working on other route formats and we will make an annoucement as to when those are available. The route includes the start point, all gas stops, two lunch stops and the destination hotel.

• Riders are encouraged to modify the route for their own group. However, for the social aspect of the ride, we strongly encourage riders to retain both lunch stops, the destination hotel and as many of the gas stops as possible.

Groups
    • e-mail or message me if you are interested in leading a group.

• Start a F4T group ride thread in the Group Rides Forum.

• Riders are also encouraged to form groups off this board.

Group Dinner:

Skyline on Pepin
    1702 N. Lakeshore Dr.
    Lake City, MN 55041
    (651) 345-5353
    Home
    skylineonpepin@embarq.net

Saturday night the 6th at 8 PM. Reservation will be under "The Flat 4 Tour."

I will need a head count for a reservation, so please respond with a yes, no or maybe via e-mail via the F4T@comcast.net e-mail address or a PM. I will not be monitoring any forum posts for reservations. Only those received via e-mail or PM will be counted.

Alternative Accommodations:
    The F4T HQ is the AmericInn, but here is a list of alternative accommodations.

Lake City Lodging

2 blks from the AmericInn are:

Alternative restaurants:

Lake City, Minnesota | Business Directory | SE Minnesota Tourism

****Disclaimer****

The Flat4Tour does not advocate nor encourage dangerous, reckless or illegal riding. This is not a race. There is no trophy for being the fastest rider or the first one to the hotel. The way to win is to ride far, have fun and get home with no damage to you or your bike.

These groups are set up as fast/medium/slow or advanced/intermediate/novice in order to put like riders together which should maximize the fun and minimize the danger. Please choose your group carefully and if at anytime during the ride you feel the need (or others feel the need for you) to switch groups please do. However, if you do break off from your group for any reason, please let someone in the group know. You don't want the group leader (or others) to think you had a crash or a mechanical and waste their time coming back to look for you.

It is also a good idea to have an emergency contact list in your wallet and to give your group leader your cell phone number or at least get their number. I require all riders who request a route to submit such information to me. I will also attempt to collect, if necessary, any additional contact information during the ride.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  2. jrock

jrock New Member

Lots of views, but no posts. I ain't gettin' much play here, lol.

Anyone interested that hasn't seen this on another board? We have a facebook group as well and we hit 100 members today. We have 50 yes replies in the event as well. We are getting a great response so far this year.

Hope you'll join us if you haven't already.

:thumbsup:

3. jrock

jrock New Member

Route has been released. Check your e-mail. :smile:

4. jrock

jrock New Member

No interest? Or is everyone in this area also on CLSB?

5. deepdish

deepdish Banned

purgatory.........................................
    im almost there..