Jake Zemke still racing

Discussion in 'Racing & Track Days' started by reg71, Jun 14, 2012.

1. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I got this in my e-mail today and I wanted to cross-post it since Jake Zemke is a local boy. I wanted to get him as much exposure as possible to help out.

============================================================
    Central coasters:
    Cycle News article reports on effort to involve fans in supporting Paso Robles own Jake Zemke racing for Duc Shop:

June 13, 2012 - 02:22 PM
    Ducshop, Zemke Looking For Help
    Need some help to keep racing
    ArticleMORE IN ROAD RACING >>
    The following is from Ducshop Racing...

Ducshop Racing is seeking your help Jake Zemke reach the podium! Jake sits firmly in 5th place with six more rounds to go in the 2012 AMA Pro GoPro Daytona Sportbike Championship. The Ducshop Racing Team's performance is impressive, especially considering the fact that the entire crew is solely comprised of volunteers. Even so, Zemke continues to inch closer and closer to a spot on the box.
    Ducshop Racing needs your financial assistance. Your support can make all the difference! Any monetary contribution is appreciated, and for donations of $50.00 or more, you'll receive custom Ducshop Racing/Jake Zemke merchandise. Additional opportunities include tickets to your choice of AMA Pro Racing events, lunch with Jake, and the chance to become part of the pit crew!
    For those fans, friends and organizations interested in lending a hand to make the rest of the season a true success, please go to www.ducshopracing.com and pledge your support.

963 Industrial Park Drive NE
    Marietta, GA 30062
    Phone: 678.594.7717
    Fax: 678.594.7727
    www.ducshop.com

2. FoothillRyder

FoothillRyder New Member

+1 Reg. I met Jake at a bike night down in San Jose about ten years ago (Miguel's teammate at the time), as well as Nicky who was racing the VTR superbike at the time. Nice guys, all three of 'em (and Miguel's girlfriend was... you know). Jake was just a little more accessible than the other two. :cool:

3. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

it's pretty cool that they get to go to the next race just from donations. hopefully, he'll find a sponsor for the rest of the season.

I went to an infineon raceway fan thing where they had one representative from each of the major series that would race there in 2006. It was Jake, Scott Pruett, Cory McClenethan, and rip, dan wheldon as the rep from indy car. If you donated $50 to their charity you could do a lap in a dodge neon srt with them. I did a lap with Jake.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  4. FoothillRyder

FoothillRyder New Member

a lap around Sears Point (Infineon now) with anyone who knows the track would be a thrill. :cool:

5. jethro911

jethro911 Member

United States
    Map
    I did a couple laps on the back of a gixer 1000 with Jason Pridmore! Now that was the most fun I have ever had on the back of a motorcycle. This was during the afternoon intermission at his riding school. Donations were being accepted for charity in exchange for a few hot laps.

6. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I hope he does find a sponsor. He always seems to do ok racing but I don't think he's had a championship since he was racing in a league that was disbanded or whatever. I'm sure Ron remembers. I just remember him racing with a #1x because he changed leagues but had been the winner the year before in a different league. I saw on his facebook page that he was racing for Jordan Suzuki a while back, then he just dropped off the radar. Not as many people here keep up with street racing as dirt and we had another local racer (Nate Woods) get killed in training a couple years ago so that's mostly who locals think of when you mention local motorcycle racer. Not sure how many of Jake's neighbors even know he's a pro racer.

7. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

ama formula extreme.

8. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Shit, whats 50 bucks --- Thanks Reg, met Jake at Miller the first year they ran AMA and WSB-he won and after was talkin to anyone that approached him, very cool . I'm going to help out.