Introduction of European VFR owners

Discussion in 'Europe' started by CitrusSinensis, Mar 29, 2008.

1. richiec

richiec New Member

Hi !

My name is Rich and I live just south of Weston-super-Mare in North Somerset. I ride a VFR750 which I purchased a couple of years back. Only 26,000 miles but the red paintwork had faded. Fortunately I have a mate who runs a body shop so all panels were repainted and new stickers ordered from the states. Mechanically it was fine just needing a replacement diode to stop the neutral light staying on. A full service and it's been amazing ever since. I picked up a full set of NonFango luggage on EBay. The wife and I took it over to Brittany last summer and have a trip planned later this year taking in France, Switzerland, Germany & Belgium.

Love riding the VFR, fantastic bike to ride and sounds amazing. Have bought a carbtune balancer to tweek the carbs and have invested in a set of stainless Motad headers as I think I'll have this bike for a good few years :smile::smile::smile:

Rich

View attachment 21288 View attachment 21289 View attachment 21290

2. roryforde

roryforde New Member

Hi.. I am Rory, and I live in the West of Ireland. I have a 97 VFR 750; only have it 2 years and have 15K miles put up (loved every one of them); last couple of years went to France and Spain (and Andorra); have been for a spin to Scotland also - hope to get back there in a couple of months. If anyone doing a tour of Ireland let me know..

Photo0337.jpg

3. mrhjoinery

mrhjoinery New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Hi my name is Mark I livein North Wales UK my bike is 06 VFR800 I've had it nerly a year there were a couple Of scratches on the fearing when I bought it so I had all the body work resprayed thers a frw things to do but shes looking good

Attached Files:

4. Alfadiablo

Alfadiablo New Member

Gibraltar
    Map
    Hi Guys, my name is Demis and I live In Gibraltar. I ride a Silver, soon to be modded 1998 Honda VFR 800. Not many peeps around here with this type of bike. Would be good to meet up, give us a nudge if you are ever down here.

5. JacksonAces

JacksonAces New Member

Did... did I never post here?

Wow. My name is Thomas, I'm an american living here in Trentino, Italy. Yellow 1998 VFR 800, registered american. If you see a bike in Trentino with North Carolina plates, that's me!

VFR800.jpg

6. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    thats awesome. I didn't know you could ride an american registered bike over yonder.

7. JacksonAces

JacksonAces New Member

yeah, if you can get it here, you can get what is called "Green Card" insurance, which is for foreign registered bikes. But after a year, you have to get your Italian drivers license anyway.

My year is up in a few months, but I should have the winter to get the license.

8. skimad4x4

skimad4x4 "Official" VFRWorld Greeter

France
    Map
    Hi Folks - Who want's Trouble?

Sh*t - I am pretty sure I know who just emptied my bottle of The Macallan. the little Bastage... you may look cute but you are so out of here... :mad:

spotted by customs post.jpg

It seems that Socky - the official VFRWorld -Sock Monkey mascot has escaped from North America and is enjoying a short winter holiday in Europe. In fairness I should warn you all to check out some of the posts in this thread before responding - so you know what you are letting yourself in for.

http://vfrworld.com/forums/showthread.php/28484-The-Adventures-of-Socky-the-VFRW-Sock-Monkey

As you can see, Socky likes having his photo taken in cool places, and of course the photos must be added to his adventures thread (above).

Whilst he is a big hit with the ladies, Socky does tend to drink - a lot, get rowdy and get in with the bad crowd...

So I am looking for other VFRW European folks willing to host a two week visit from Socky. Then after a two weeks, just contact/PM one of the other European members and arrange to pass/send him on. It would be great to see how many countries this little blighter can visit before we send him back the other side of the pond.

IMPORTANT - Never feed him after midnight and lock your drinks cabinet! If he really gets too bad - I know Randy's address so we can always send him back to Chilliwack in Canada - where he can drink Randy's place dry.

So folks - post up your names here if you are willing to be the next volunteer (victim) to host socky? Please note he does not have a passport, so you need to get in contact by PM first to agree a suitable way to hand-over this illegal alien. Oh I nearly forgot, Socky does seem to be a bit of an escape artist and whilst he likes trips by motorbike he may disappear if shipped by FedEx or UPS. :smileyfb:

SkiMad

9. Scubalong

Scubalong Official Greeter?

United States
    Damn Skimad how the hell Socky got there...? I want a full report
    Damn Socky :chairshot:

10. AcikaSRB

AcikaSRB New Member

Map