I'm getting a VFR!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by flymyassoff, Oct 13, 2014.

1. marriedman

marriedman New Member

United States
    Map
    I know, I know... but we are losing some people because of the forum trolls. I didn't want the forum to lose another potentially cool member. Flymyassoff sounds like he can hold his own, but I didn't want him to get a bad first impression about this place.

2. marriedman

marriedman New Member

United States
    Map
    And WTF is chartruise?! That shouldn't even be in a mans vocabulary you poofy bastard!

3. marriedman

marriedman New Member

United States
    Map
  4. flymyassoff

flymyassoff New Member

Don't fret marriedman, the VFR isn't my first motorcycle, and this isn't my first forum! I'm quite used to catching abuse because of bike colour. It's OK, if they have to do it to feel good 'cos they can't get it up anymore I don't mind :)

Have a nice day,

Fly :)

"Speed Is Life!"

5. jethro911

jethro911 Member

United States
    Map
    Welcome to the center of VFR goodness!

So that potential VFR is a 2009 model? It has a rare pain scheme that I've only seen in the flesh once at a dealer in Ottawa. It reminds me of the 1981 CBX and it looks great especially with the matching luggage. Looking forward to hearing about your adventures on the new mount!

6. flymyassoff

flymyassoff New Member

Yes, the look is what I'm buying it for. That and the awesome engine note!

I'm corresponding with the seller at the moment and, unless I have a bad surprise when I see it on Thursday, it will be mine then :)

Fly

"Speed Is Life!"

7. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Ya. Maybe I should put back one of my old avatars before I cut down those who have the absolute fastest colour bike......white. Not everone has my off idea of humour. But. If you don't just love cleaning, WHITE WHEELS REALLY SUCK! I'm serious on that point. Again, welcome to this world of orgasmic motorcycle experiences and occassional bent humour. BTW. White was one of threechoices I had when I bought mine. All were otherwise identical and still in the crate. Have never looked back. Roy Rogers wore a white hat too.

8. iamzombie

iamzombie New Member

I prefer white... Unfortunately, the bike I'm (probably) buying later on today is red...

My 07 R1 was red as well, and I did just about everything I could to make it white (vinyl/plastidip/aftermarket plastics) :p

What it looked like when I bought it (except I switched the exhaust)
    [​IMG]

After dip/vinyl:
    [​IMG]

After switching plastics:
    [​IMG]

What I'm looking at buying:
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the hijack, hope your bike turns out to be as clean as the one I'm looking at :p

9. Knight

Knight New Member

United States
    Map
    Chartreuse can be a great color despite its froufrou sounding name. The bright Kawasaki's (uh oh did I commit a mortal sin?) could probably be called this color, 1/2 way between green and yellow.

"Well, we shot the line and we went for broke with a thousand screamin' trucks,
    An' eleven long-haired Friends a' Jesus in a chartreuse Micra-Bus." --C. W. McCall

10. flymyassoff

flymyassoff New Member

iamzombie: No worries. Nice pics, cool :)

"Speed Is Life!"

11. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Zombie boy...what kind of pipe is that on the yami?
    Sweet...bet it sounds great
    Like the dip work...easy?

12. iamzombie

iamzombie New Member

That's a Boz Bros Guild slipon... Was stainless (as you can see in the first pic) and I painted it with some black header paint a few months ago, since the shiny just didn't match the rest of the bike at all.

They do sound pretty nice. I really wish I wasn't getting so sore when riding my R1, I love it, but I'm getting old and my back and neck hurt quite a bit on longer rides. Like I said to the guys on the R1 forum, a bike is like a woman, you can't stay with either based solely on looks :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhe_uSaQyUg

Dip is the easiest thing in the world to do, and it's so easy to take off if you don't like it, the only downside is it's kind of expensive here in canada, probably cost me $25 a can and took 3 or 4 cans total. As long as you're patient with plastidip, and put on many light coats it's simple. And once you decide you don't want it on anymore, you just rub a bit on a corner or edge, it'll wear through and then you just peel it off.

The downside of dip is that it will not standup to any rubbing or friction, so I had to vinyl wrap the tank (which I will never attempt again, vinyl wrapping looks nice but it's soooooo much work)

13. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks man, sounds wicked. Just might try the dip shit since no riding for a bit.

14. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Just a thought...when doin the dip on my fairings with shit loads of wax layers, do you have to clean off with anything to stick better? Thanks

15. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    Plasti dip will go over wax surfaces. It is not a real paint but some sort of a rubber like plastic like spray (comes liquid as well for brushing on) It would probably even cover minor dirt too. But for the life of me, I don't know why anyone would do that. I would not rely on that as any type of a permanent covering though. Far to supceptable to peeling off for that. But for many applications, it is great.

I saw one of our members spray black plasti dip on the underside of his 6th gen windshield. Made the up side look like gloss black, on his red bike. Looked very good.

16. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Cool ..thanks...Randy did you ever pass your class a licence.... big rig ? Its been a while..memory not so good these days.....

17. 34468 Randy

Canada
    Map
    Yes I did. Got my dangerous goods cert as well. But seems everyone wants experience. I mean WTF huh.. Hookers, drug dealers, pedophioles...my experiences just goes on and on. I just handed in a company phone to a outfit I worked for for just a couple weeks. When the numbers were crunched, I was working for less than minimum wages and driving trucks that formerly, I would have condemned and towed off the road. Hell one of them I would have sent away on a flat deck trailer it was so bad.

Seems everyone wants a couple years of Mountain Driving experience yet no one wants to give newbies a chance to get that. Just dropped a resume off locally and the people there sounded quite interested.

18. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Kind of sucks....our age doesn't help either....when I moved back to LA had 15 years heavy haul....9 axle trailers 150,000 lbs loads....over qualified is all I heard...
    They rather hire two twenty year old for half the price with no experience. Just remember if the truck your driving DOESN'T pass PTI you can refuse to drive it...tread...air brakes..even up to date fire extinguisher. .wiper blades....even a freekin horn.....good luck...its not easy without connections.

19. flymyassoff

flymyassoff New Member

She's mine :)
    [​IMG]
    Fly :)

"Speed Is Life!"

20. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    You dog...congrats. ..bet ya have a huge smile under that visor. ...enjoy