If it ain't gonna snow, might as well ride !!!!!!

Discussion in 'USA - Northeast' started by stephanon2whls, Dec 31, 2006.

1. stephanon2whls

stephanon2whls New Member

United States
    Map
    Yep... After three days of hard labor on house projects over my holiday break from work, I decided to take my "Final ride of 2006"....

Usually I can't ride on new year's eve because we get a snowstorm (albeit a small one) in December and roads still have salt residue... Since it's been so warm though there has been NO snow and NO SALT !! YAY !

So I took another ride over to the Yorklyn area of northern Delaware - Rte 82, 100, etc... Nice roads. I even got a thumbs up from a dood in a Porsche Carrera... We passed each other twice going opposite ways (he was cruising the twisties too)... Then we pulled up at the same intersection and we chatted for a few.. Apparently his wife made him sell his Ducati, so he bought a Porsche for fun in the twisties.. I told him I have no pity for him... We wished each other a Happy New Year and sped off..

<sigh> Hope you guys are riding too !!!

-Stephan

2. Howardbj

Howardbj New Member

I knew there was a reason I live in Florida...year round baby.

3. stephanon2whls

United States
    Map
    Yeah ? Let me know how that Florida weather is working out for you in July ! :smile:

Actually, even though we get snow and cold weather in the north, I still ride year round... I just wait for a few rain showers to wash the salt away...

When I lived in Michigan, I only missed riding for 3 months in 5 years.

Happy Motoring.....

-S

4. MrJoelieC

MrJoelieC New Member

Map
    Up Here in New Hampshire I took my first ride of 2007... waited for the rain to wash away the salt and took a small ride... A little chilly but no snow!

I have yet to put the bike away... First I had no place to stroe it as my usual spot got taken over... But the wether has cooperated very nicely....

5. stephanon2whls

United States
    Map
    My VFR was never "stored" this winter (so far).... The only sign of the change in the seasons for the VFR this year will be celebrated with more winter-time riding and a fresh crankcase of Mobil 1 Racing 4T Oil.... MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm.......

I am heading up to the Mount Washington area at the end of July this summer.... Besides the obvious climb of Mt. Washington on the VFR (for the bumper sticker of course) are there other central NH ride routes you can suggest ? Or is every road up there beautiful ??

-S