I had thought my 8th gen was sporty...

Discussion in '8th Generation 2014-Present' started by Samuel, Apr 12, 2017.

1. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

United States
    Map
    LOL - you should see what she wears to the gym! :witless:

2. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Those skulls are the only item less than a peso in Harley stores.

3. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    Standard VFR's don't have the self-f--king up turn signals, the dysfunctional traction control, abs brakes, or heated grips. Abs brakes might be fine but I've never heard of a specific instance where an EXPERIENCED bike rider had his ass saved from them on either car or bike. I like the de-linked brakes. I've had heated grips on two bikes and they're nice but didn't make the difference in riding on a cold day or not riding. A center stand can be had free, like mine, if negotiated up front when buying the bike. Everyone has an opinion but most people bought a deluxe because that's all the dealer had and they swear by the dysfunctional traction control and other farkles that cost a lot of money. To each their own is fine with me.

As far as the Pannigale, would you trade typical Honda low maintenance for typical high maintenance costs of a Duc? Put some non-ethanol gas in your VFR and hold on because it transforms it. I love my faster RED standard VFR and it's taken a beating in the mountains with no maintenance issues. It has more power than needed in some of the hardest mountain riding in the country. When you get your chicken strip eliminated, you'll be very happy with your VFR and be a more skilled rider. Not many people don't have chicken strips. Doesn't really matter. It's all about fun. Have a great Easter.

4. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Lets see how sexy it is upon the first valve adjustment. lol

5. DriverDave

DriverDave New Member

United States
    Map
    Does this mean you finally "gave her a ride"?

6. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Probably no hanky-panky yet. A few more TootsiePops may do the trick.

7. Samuel

Samuel Member

United States
    Map
    lol Some of the stuff on my bike is bike related and some things are work related... :) In fact, the personalized plate I ordered happens to be both work And bike related haha.

Speaking of decals, I ordered and just received a couple of Mad Max Interceptor fender decals, gonna put them on this weekend, hopefully...

[​IMG]

8. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    Put the supercharger on your bike, then pad the intake scoop and sit on it instead.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  9. Samuel

Samuel Member

United States
    Map
    Damn! I could have saved some money if I had gone to a Harley shop! >:| :D

10. ksoholm

ksoholm New Member

United States
    There are far too many instances to count; between cars and motorcycles, millions since 1978.

http://www.iihs.org/iihs/brochures/motorcycle-abs-why-you-want-to-ride-with-it
    http://www.therideadvice.com/abs-motorcycles-vs-non-abs-motorcycles-need-motorcycle-abs/

The research shows that self-proclaimed riding bad-asses actually aren't; the research shows no difference between braking avoidance outcomes of inexperienced and experienced riders on non-ABS bikes. Look it up. It's understood that Great Leader doesn't care for facts; this doesn't mean they don't exist and actually govern reality.

11. Samuel

Samuel Member

United States
    Map
    I hear you man! I opted for the deluxe primarily for the ABS - ::knocking on my head:: haven't used I yet but wanted it just in case. Been using the center stand a lot - would have gotten that either way. Definitely Suum Cuique!

As far as the Ducs go, I was never a fanboy and have never wanted one - that being said, I appreciate certain things about the design/look and my buddy tells me that they've increased the maintenance intervals a lot for the newest generations of their bikes. I also wish like crazy that Honda would "get serious" again about the VFR. The 1299 Ducati Superleggera is listed as making 215 hp with a wet weight of 368 lbs and I believe a valve adjustment interval of 15k - IMO that's impressive, I don't care what brand it is. ;)

All that being said, I wouldn't trade my VFR for my buddy's Panigale (unless it was to flip it and buy another VFR with some left over $ ;) ). As far as the chicken strips go, it'll be a little while yet - it's been quite awhile since I regularly canyon rode and I don't currently have any roads that I know like the back of my hand. And agree, when push comes to shove, it really doesn't matter (arguably, it's safer to leave some margin of error). :) Wishing you (and everyone else) have a great weekend too!

12. Samuel

Samuel Member

United States
    Map
    hahaha ...

13. Samuel

Samuel Member

United States
    Map
    lmao! ....

14. ksoholm

ksoholm New Member

United States
    The comparison between Panigale and Interceptor is similar to one between a Porsche 911 Carrera 4S vs. a Ferrari 458; the 458 is much quicker, far more expensive, a touch lighter, more maintenance intensive, less comfortable, not as well-engineered, but more appealing to base male emotions to ride. On a track, the 458 would have the C4S; on real world roads there's little in it between the two, and you'd have to be a nutjob to think you'd have a good time in the Ferrari going down 101 on the Best Coast in changeable weather conditions. The Porsche would be miles better. Even on good days, it's a far superior travel tool. Better engineered, less expensive, far more reliable & durable, cheaper to maintain, superb to drive, plenty fast for the real world, and 100% usable as a daily driver. The only supercar you can drive hard and put away wet. I'd have the Porsche any day.

White is good, visible, though it signals virginity, and symbolizes death in many Asian cultures.

The skull sticker you stole off some white trash's '89 Harley 883 at a wasteland watering hole has to go. Soichiro is turning. Though it goes with the white, I suppose!

15. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Although one might mistake that sticker as a plain ole skull sticker, it is the symbol for the comic book character 'The Punisher'. For what it's worth, I see a lot of military guys put it on their gear.

16. GatorGreg

GatorGreg Honda Fanboy/LitiGator

United States
    Map
    Here's an awesome looking helmet for Samuel - I've got the Ironman helmet myself which has the built in sunshade which I love - gotten a huge amount of compliments on it LOL. They also have a Spider-Man, Venom, and Captain America. And to answer Drifting's question, I've given gym girl several nice rides - she likes riding on two wheels so much she wants to get a scooter :glee:

[video=youtube;wTdp1ljSdCA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTdp1ljSdCA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

17. Big_Panda

Big_Panda New Member

United States
    Map
    I borrowed a good friends 1098s tricolore for a weekend. I have to say, it's an amazing bike but... I'm only 30 years old and after about an hour and a half it was time to stop and stretch out. I had to ride it to work one day (I work a lot in Culver city) and it was a brutal ride. They are amazing bikes but after getting back on my 6th gen I don't ever want to not have a VFR I can hop on for a comfortable ride. I rode my 6th gen to Phoenix on a whim and was fine. I absolutely could not imagine riding a 1098s to Phx. Can't say I didnt have a great time on the Duc though!

18. Sniper

Sniper New Member

United States
    Sam, your motorcycle is a lot better looking than mine! ('01 VFR)

His Ohlins looks sharp. Dont care for the red wheels. I like yours better.

You obviously like your stickers, which is cool. But l think it cheapens an other wise classy motorcycle.

I really dont care what any one else has, or wether anyone else approves of what l have.

Its all good.

19. Samuel

Samuel Member

United States
    Map
    Interesting vehicle analogy - makes sense although I'll probably never get to actually Feel your observations :( lol motorcycles more than satisfy my need for speed so I'll probably never get a supercar or an almost supercar. I think the closest thing to something like that for me might be a Tesla 100D (or whatever the current model will be) someday (and that's only if I solarize my retirement home in the future).

As far as white v red, well, the leftover gear from when I had my last bike matched white better than red so... plus red is much closer (I know they're not the same) to usc colors for my taste! lol

As far as the modified Punisher logo goes - well, it's work related so... :) That being said, I can see how it might be a turn off for some folks - I see people with tattoos I don't agree with all the time lol! It's a sticker so it wouldn't be difficult to remove. I might go with Greg's idea of getting a dark or black windscreen. In that case, I'll probably put a black sticker on that so it won't be as garish but it will still be there.

20. Samuel

Samuel Member

United States
    Map