How To Break Your Collarbone

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Arnzinator, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Arnzinator

Arnzinator New Member

United States
    Map
    I think as motorcyclist we all understand the dangers of cell phones & distracted drivers. So why would anyone riding a motorcycle try and use a cell phone while riding?
    [video=youtube;1bVCfCW1y8I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bVCfCW1y8I[/video]

2. fink

fink Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    Twat. No other explanation required.

Jesus those emts are bad. I know the video is edited but all I can say from watching the Amb crew is don't have a crash there. Watching them was more scary than watching the crash.:grief:

3. RVFR

RVFR Member

United States
    Map
    SMH Really!? what a dork and all on camera LMAO, Now had a mini truck cut the car off next to you while on the freeway during nascar traffic and you rear ended the car that was stopping to avoid the rest of the aftermath, Ok.

4. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    Last time I had a shoulder X-ray, the doctor showed me where my collar bone had been broken. I don't ever remember it being broken but he said it definitely was. Just a ruff and tumble kid i guess. Damn sure wasn't from a cell phone.

5. VFR4Lee

VFR4Lee Member

United States
    Map
    Gotta love Darwins law. :dance:

6. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    Stupid should hurt and in this case it did.

7. A.M

A.M Moderator Staff Member

Geeze :/
    For a song...

I watched my riding partner ride into the back of a van (that was at a dead stop) at about 30 mph in New York on the George Washington Bridge.

Checking GPS.

8. DaHose

DaHose New Member

United States
    Map
    I'm tellin ya .... if you have a phone, don't touch the damned thing while moving. Now that I have a helmet setup, I better REALLY not touch it or risk ending up like this dude.

At least he owned up to it and posted so everyone sees just how dumb and dangerous it is to touch that phone while you are moving.

Jose

9. James Bond

James Bond Member

United States
    Map
    He knew where he was though......; )

10. GigemVFR

GigemVFR New Member

United States
    Map
    "Life is hard; It's even harder if you're stupid."
    - John Wayne

11. thx1138

thx1138 New Member

Australia
    Map
    I thought the ambos did a reasonable job. Maybe I would have collared him and used a scoop but they did the assessment not me.
    No midline bony tenderness on spine is basically a guarantee of no spinal injury.
    They did do a head to toe before they moved him as well.

12. fink

fink Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    They did a clear cervical, then a partial toe to head, not a head to toe and certainly not a good one at that, bearing in mind we only got to see the leg being done.

What one earth was the guy with the steth listening to? Bearing in mind the guy still had body armour on and none of the clothing has been moved.

Do you have consent in US? I know in UK we have to ask prior to performing any type of examination.

13. zombie

zombie New Member

Canada
    What a stupid way to change the song on the phone! Keep the right hand on the throttle and change with the left if you have to do it. Use some common sense. I have an app on mine that keeps the screen on and all I have to do is tap on the next song. Simple and quick to do at the right time! I am looking forward to getting a helmet setup soon though.

14. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    Everybody's a fucking expert..LOL Wasn't too long ago there was a chica on here that was, this is no shit, texting according to her story at 100mph, aka, "Texting at the ton."

The dudes who are into surrogate pussy were quick to defend and anyone who even implied it was not the smartest thing to do got nailed for being a drunk, a doper, a child molester and yes,a troll.

Holy guano Batman, the shit done hit the fan again..

A couple of the dudes on this very forum are qualified medical techs of one sort or another who might be able to offer some realtime assessment of the blurb.

On the subject of giving permission to perform some medical assistance, what if the dude is oot cold or just faceplanted a trailer hitch at the double nickel?

15. Lint

Lint Member

United States
    Map
    Nature has a way of dealing with the stupid.

16. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Anyone want to hear my opinion? No? Too bad...here it goes.

They guy is a lower case font idiot in about 6 font. Shut the fuck up and just answer questions being asked of you instead of trying to make funnies. They aren't funny or even amusing.

If that bike is damaged beyond repair he should take the insurance money and buy a big truck. Better yet, buy an annual transit pass. He would make a model public transit rider.

Here is BC, a person has the right not to be treated. Even if the paramedics see his injuries as severe, they cannot treat when treatment has been refused by someone who has that authority.

But involve the police and things can change that way. We have the Mental Health Act we can rely on as a police officer in BC. As an example, someone was believed to have been struck in a car pedestrian hit and run. Truth is, he lost his balance fell and hit his head on a curb causing big boo boo gash on head. Slurred speech. Medics believe he should go to ER. He declines. Police would be right to assume after consultations with the paramedics that he has symptoms of a brain injury based on the symptoms and the gash in his head. This this person is not thinking with a clear and sane mind at that time. Police can arrest under the Mental Health Act and force him before a doctor. It is now the doctor's call. He can agree with the police and hold him for psych assessment and in doing so, patient is now a ward of the government and treatment can be forced upon him. Or the doctor can accept he made the decision with a sound mid in which case, treatment stops.

The moment he is brought before a doctor in an instance like this, the liability for the ambulance people and police has ended. It now lays with the hospital and the medical community that treats him. SO if doc accepts his refusal of assistance and things go south, I have done absolutely everything in my power to get him help.

How do I know this. This is what I ran across. I wanted to force the guy into ER but was overruled by my on rode supervisor, and also by the watch commander at the office after we brought this guy in and placed him in the drunk tank. I again wanted to take him in to ER but rank overruled me. Next morning he went into convulsions and had permanent brain injury. We got sued. Me, my supervisor, my Sgt, the ambulance attendants, BC ambulance services, our jail guard, the City of Chilliwack and the RCMP. He won big time.

I was dropped from the suit because my wishes were overruled. They pay out was in the millions I think.

17. JIMLARCH

JIMLARCH New Member

Canada
    Map
    Kudos for the OP putting this up to show how stupid it is to do this. However no attaboys for doing it in the first place. Pretty sure he won't do it again.

18. JIMLARCH

JIMLARCH New Member

Canada
    Map
    You don't mention whether there was an intoxicating beverage smell on his breath. I assume there was. A judgement call that went sideways. Happens all the time as you know. I know for a fact in Ontario that he would have been taken to hospital. I don't see why he wasn't in your case. How can anyone whose either drunk or suffering from a head injury, whose slurring his words be accepted as being able to give informed consent. Your supervisor wasn't too smart.

19. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Sorry. Missed out covering that. He was carrying a six pack of beer which got broken. But the odour of alcohol from spilled beer is far different that what is evident coming through a persons pores. Alcohol smell on breath is just a small symptom of intoxication.

Yes. both the supervisor and the watch commander were clearly wrong. I knew it before and the courts clearly agreed. But these two were friends. So you see what I was fighting against here. I don't know what the RCMP Federal, Provincial, or detachment policies were on this type of thing at that time but you don't need to know policy. Common sense has to come into play here at some time. Soon after the sgt and supervisor and the RCMP were awarded against, a detachment policy came out that basically directed our detachment members to follow the actions I originally wanted to take. Matter of fact, I have arrested a teenaged girl under the Mental Health Act when she huffed WD40 and refused to unlock her bedroom doors to her parents and refused to go for medical treatment for huffing that shit. I explained to the parents ahead of the arrest what I was going to do and why so I did not end up with hysterical parents pounding on my back. They totally agreed with me said nothing when I damaged the door frame to the bedroom. Still amazed at how strong that door was.

The Sgt retired and went on to a place where eventually he and I worked together again years later. I told him at that time he was a fucking asshole. Actually I cleaned up what I really said to him. The supervisor, I have not seen or heard from for years. I am so heart broken over that.

20. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    I hope Randy is around when The Donald tries to invade Canada.