How not to lean in corners - Instructional Video

Discussion in 'New Riders' started by John451, Oct 4, 2007.

1. hollenbeck

hollenbeck New Member

I think my problem is I haven't rode in a year so I'm not as comfortable as I was a year ago,and as far as suspension and all that I've been focused on. Modifying the looks more than performance and I'm about done, only thing I need is exhaust. I think I'm going to go with delkevic any opinion on that? Thanks for suspension and tire idea, my plan is to take it as far as I can go from looks to performance.

2. OOTV

OOTV Insider

I really don't have an opinion on exhaust, I think most guys put them on for the sound rather than looks or performance reasons. My bike came with a Two Bros setup and I'm happy with the way it sounds, but my setup is a 4 into 1, which is different than most 6th Gen setups and more similar to the 5th Gen. As such I think it needed a Power Commander to smooth things out a bit, I noticed that before the PCV, I was experiencing a lot of back firing and there was also the low speed stumble that 6th Gens suffer from. Both are gone now and I'm much happier, but YMMV.

Delkevic as a brand is one of the better ones I understand so it wouldn't be a bad choice. A lot of guys will gut the stock cans to achieve the sound without the expense but if looks are part of it, the aftermarket exhaust is the only way to go.

3. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    Instructional Video - Why Russian Riders reminds me of movie " Tucker & Dale Vs Evil "

The Vids quite long so didn't finish it but just watching the first few minutes of Russian riders crashing, some of the more stupid ones reminded me of the following lines in the funny Horror Movie Spoof " Tucker & Dale Vs Evil "

Tucker: All right... I know what this is.
    Dale: What?
    Tucker: This is a suicide pact.
    Dale: It's a what?
    Tucker: These kids are coming out here, and killing themselves all over the woods.
    Dale: My God, that makes so much sense.
    Tucker: Holy shit. We have go to hide all of the sharp objects!

WARNING SOME MAY FIND SOME OF THE FOOTAGE DISTURBING
    Fail motorcycle compilation 2012 2013!
    [video=youtube;ZwnpoRSEqZA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwnpoRSEqZA[/video]

4. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States
    I wonder how many of these vids were alcohol fueled? Or, the vids from the onboard cameras were just one more thing that takes away paying attention to riding the bike.

Not including texting at the ton of course. That is OK as is watching Oprah re-runs.

5. Reista

Reista New Member

Map
    All if not nearly all of those were 100% preventable by the rider.

6. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States

Giving it just a little more thought and less "expertise" off the top of your head, every single one shown was preventable.