How many older guys ride VFR?

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by rexbaum, Nov 22, 2009.

1. thx1138

thx1138 New Member

Australia
    Map
    Try explaining how a motorcycle is an asset - unlike the clothes, shoes, makeup, and handbags.
    Women are very open to logic and reason.

2. R08Tam

R08Tam New Member

62 here and loving my VFR. Age is just a number. Personally I think 60 is the new 40

3. Allyance

Allyance Insider

United States
    Map
    I was hoping it was 70.

4. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    Ass-eT?? Huh? Do you speak German? that would help :pound: seriously. Motorcycles and handbags or handguns/? Far oOt :hippie:

5. Stubbsy

Stubbsy New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    :potstir:52 and loving my vfr! sooooo what does she wanna do drag you round some shops buying furniture,maybe she wants a bike too!

6. Rasbenek67

Rasbenek67 New Member

VFR750FM - new.jpg

Thought I'd drop in and say a big hello from the glorious biking roads (haha) of the southern UK ! Literally in the last few hours I have purchased my first VFR, a 750FM, and to say I'm excited to test it out in the sunshine is an understatement. Having been a biker my entire adult life, and for a few years in my youth as well, I don't think I've ever been as excited to get aboard a bike in my life - and I've had a few machines in my time, mainly Suzukis and Kawasakis (RF900, GSXR1300, RF600, RF400, GSXR600, ZXR750J1) but also a couple of earlier V4 Hondas, twinpots and inlines (VF500, VF400, CB200, CX500) yet all that time the VFR was a machine I coveted for its sublime looks, outstanding reputation for performance, reliability, and overall perfection. Personal circumstances meant I never thought I'd get around to owning one. And yet now I do. With 59,000 mls (which I'm told makes it still quite youthful), beautifully maintained by only 2 owners in its lifetime, in an immaculate white with a few aftermarket parts (screen, bar-ends, exhaust etc) and here's the best part - only £700 ! I made a cheeky offer which the guy, messed about by non-paying bidders, was happy to accept. Fortune smiles on the brave. I know this is a bike I am destined to keep regardless of other machinery that may come into and disappear from my life. Like ex-wives. But this little lady is here to stay. Happy riding all. Stay safe on them roads !

7. Jota_SV

Jota_SV New Member

United Kingdom
    I've always loved the looks of this VFR. Congrats, I hope you have many happy miles together.

sent via Pony Express

8. Terry Smith

Terry Smith Member

Kuwait
    Map
    That's a beauty mate. I think the 750FM might just be the prettiest VFR of all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Rasbenek67

Rasbenek67 New Member

Cheers y'all - yep she's sweet looking alright. Has a high level exhaust as an added extra in the deal too. Picking her up later today and will have, assuming the UK laws of nature permit, a dry and smooth 120 mile journey home as the sun sets of the horizon of another glorious summer day. I don't usually wish the hours away - make the most of each and every one my usual mantra - but today is the exception; roll on 5pm !

VFR750FM - new2.jpg

10. sunofwolf

sunofwolf New Member

United States
    A Harley guy 67 years old crashed in Maine in his electric guide, he was doing a four point tour that's thousands of miles, he had a helmet on-it saved him. I think he took on a bit too much that day. Speed wasn't a factor-just went off the off ramp wrong. I did the same thing, but I was at a full stop. You can't do the same thing, you have to really plan what you do before hand.

11. Stubbsy

Stubbsy New Member

United Kingdom
    Map
    old guys vfr

:cool:yes sir! its my first vfr also had a few bikes since 1975 etc etc had a lay off bikes for while slowly got back and see this one for sale and sold the fazer to get it and couldnt be more pleased !!! IMG_0486.jpg [ATTACH=CONF

12. Rasbenek67

Rasbenek67 New Member

If I had a wife - which I don't (two strikes and not optimistic for my strike average should I ever step to plate again) she could lug all the shite she wanted - cos right right now I have a shit-eating grin ! Just back from picking up my new playmate, and every bit the svelte yet curvaceous tease she always beckoned to be. Hitting the highways - gentle with me baby, it's my first time - crusin' at the eight 'o' with powerband curve low to the 11-5 like a raspberry smoothie, on a banking curve, the M20 at my back, pegs grinding at a tenth over the Kevin Pieterson favourite as the M25 draws into view ! Wow ! Supremely planted wheels described the world over as 'the best bike ever built' - and now I know why. Suzuki you can keep your Haya-whatchamafuckme eyeball tearing straight line rocket. I want something that feels every part an extension of my body and soul. VFRs rock, simple as ! London each week is gonna be a blast ! Peace y'all !

13. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Well done Rasbenek....well done indeed. Hittin it at eight...o almost turned me on....:eek::thumbup::eek:

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

14. djcheez1

djcheez1 New Member

42 on 2007

15. p flores

p flores New Member

United States
    helotes texas (entrance to the texas hill country
    63 years old riding 2007 red white blue. takin her out for a 200 mi run to see my baby brother who's 61.

16. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    I have the best wife in the world. She hasn't ridden with me in over 30 years but she knows how I feel about bikes and riding. She would never expect me to stop because she knows that's who I am. If we had the scratch she wouldn't hesitate to see me fitted with a new bike, but alas we are the incredible shrinking middle class and as such must make due with high mileage cars and older model bikes while we wait to take our place under a bridge in our dotage.

17. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    You must be a politician^because you circumvented the question aboot age, its all good though, well sed too. To stay on "your target" I wonder sometimes about hitting the lottery (I don't play) and what kind of super bikes/super cars I would own. The idea of owning something that strokes me ego does not appeal to me, if I have to drop the engine (or lift the car off it) to change a bunch of belts is stupid uniless your winning races for money or getting lots of poosey (which does not apply to me as I am happily married too.)

I would get a 70.5 split bumper Camero though :loco: a driver and a few more bikes, and what ever car my wifeE would want. I would still ride/drive what I own as I enjoy working on them and a set of tyres does not cost 40,000 dollars. 48 here agewise/TX must be as hot as FL huh.

When I started dating my wife, I remember the time clearly. I walked in to the apartment where she was riding a stantionary bike and was reading a novel by some author whose name escapes me now. She asked me if she could recite a part of the book. I said go for it, in the book there where these beegs (friends) who were all riding British motorcycles and they were relating all the crashes and accidents they had and swore off riding. They were on some Ariels, BSAs, and a Triumph. I quickly told her, that will never be me, unless I am going oot with a toe tag and no fog under the mirror you hold under my nose. Stay Cool :thumbsup:

18. f3racer

f3racer New Member

I'm only 36 but my father just turned 65 and daily rides his rc51. He actually laughed and jokingly called me an old man when I traded my CBR for my vfr. I'm the same conversation he said he can't wait to ride it.

19. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Does he need his walker when he gets done with his RC ?

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

20. Motleyfan

Motleyfan New Member

United States
    57 and just picked up a low mileage 07 anniv. model to go along with my 90 750. Can never have too many VFR's.