how did we go from health care to a black-white issue with a cop??

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by deepdish, Jul 23, 2009.

1. 02 VFR Rider

02 VFR Rider New Member

I disagree the welfare if they all did work would not be enough to cover the cost of greed in big bussiness

2. vfourbear

vfourbear New Member

United States
    Map
    And turn up the tunes, me and Mr Gates and ALL you fine PO-lice will have us a good time

[​IMG]

Im glad you are feeling better Tox, things can get a man down every once in a while, but they cant keep us there.

I suspect that when it is all said and done that both those fine fellows involved in the Gates-gate incident will find that they have a little soul searching to do. Mr Gates is a rockstar Harvard prof and as I recently read finding out that a Harvard prof is a bit arrogant is like finding out that basketball players tend to be tall. Conversely no self respecting LEO is going to let anyone talk nonstop shit to them in front of other cops.

In the cold light of the next day I would imagine both these guys are feeling a bit sheepish and now have an incident on their hands that they would both have rather done without.

Because Mr Gates happened to have a little juice in this world, it made headlines and the President got asked about it........like Jimmy Carter used to get asked about his brother and Clinton would get asked about Jennifer Flowers and Bush would get asked "can you please explain what you just said?".....

There is no end to media crap

If it werent for the fact that real honest healthcare reform debate is so wonkish,dull, difficult tedious, and important, coupled with the fact that our media is absolutely fixated on scandal and nonsense, its likely that there never would have been an interruption in what was up to that time a boring topic for a juicy salacious news soundbite.

If I had been there I would have enjoyed telling the Secret Service that the reporter that asked the question is trying to kill the President and should be tazed immediately.

Maybe if that occured with some regularity these clowns would stop asking such silly shit.

3. Knife

Knife Member

United States
    "Wall Street" (1987)

Gordon Gekko: Address to Teldar Paper Stockholders

Gekko: Well, I appreciate the opportunity you're giving me, Mr. Cromwell, as the single largest shareholder in Teldar Paper, to speak.

Well, ladies and gentlemen, we're not here to indulge in fantasy, but in political and economic reality. America, America has become a second-rate power. Its trade deficit and its fiscal deficit are at nightmare proportions. Now, in the days of the free market, when our country was a top industrial power, there was accountability to the stockholder. The Carnegies, the Mellons, the men that built this great industrial empire, made sure of it because it was their money at stake. Today, management has no stake in the company!

All together, these men sitting up here [Teldar management] own less than 3 percent of the company. And where does Mr. Cromwell put his million-dollar salary? Not in Teldar stock; he owns less than 1 percent.

You own the company. That's right -- you, the stockholder.

And you are all being royally screwed over by these, these bureaucrats, with their steak lunches, their hunting and fishing trips, their corporate jets and golden parachutes.

Cromwell: This is an outrage! You're out of line, Gekko!

Gekko: Teldar Paper, Mr. Cromwell, Teldar Paper has 33 different vice presidents, each earning over 200 thousand dollars a year. Now, I have spent the last two months analyzing what all these guys do, and I still can't figure it out. One thing I do know is that our paper company lost 110 million dollars last year, and I'll bet that half of that was spent in all the paperwork going back and forth between all these vice presidents.

The new law of evolution in corporate America seems to be survival of the unfittest. Well, in my book you either do it right or you get eliminated.

In the last seven deals that I've been involved with, there were 2.5 million stockholders who have made a pretax profit of 12 billion dollars. Thank you.

I am not a destroyer of companies. I am a liberator of them!

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed -- for lack of a better word -- is good.

Greed is right.

Greed works.

Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.

Greed, in all of its forms -- greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge -- has marked the upward surge of mankind.

And greed -- you mark my words -- will not only save Teldar Paper, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA.

Thank you very much.

4. deepdish

deepdish Banned

purgatory.........................................
    :rockon: toxic u the man ............................I appluad your honesty and your accuracey,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:thumbsup::thumbsup:

5. ToxicShock

ToxicShock New Member

Love the Gordon Gekko speach, Knife! Always did......Squirrel are you showing up to me and Deepdish's Beer Summit? Hurry up,i started without you...(notice; I haven't appologized for being an Asshole either).......Breaking News!!!!!!...........Crowley cuffed and stuffed both of them for being so fucking stupidly....er,....stoopidly........

6. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    Care for some cheese with that "whine"

:soapbox::flip:

7. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    Love that Muscle car in your Avatar :cool: , is it a '65 Plymouth Fury Sport or Mopar sister ?

8. ToxicShock

ToxicShock New Member

Thankyou for noticing John451, it is a 65 Fury III...That's funny ,i said EYE,EYE,EYE while i typed it......anyway ,me and Toe have been working on that heep of shit for so long...we are married to it. Unfortunately it cost me a grip!Very close to being done,Road trippin to visit Squirrel on her maiden voyage...wanna go with? I bought him a parrot to make up for my bad mood last night.........This is a public...........suck my ballls,but brush your teeth first you nasty.............I retract all of the last ten words cause ......well ,i really want him to move out of Mom's basement...Ya ....I know you are saying "Tox is a dick"..but that is what tough love is all about..

9. John451

John451 Member

Australia
    Whats the motor ? I have an immense soft spot for old Mopars and yours looks very cool, I'd so love to join in on your maiden cruise if I wasn't a world away and Squirrelmans opinions weren't so scary....:smile:

10. Knife

Knife Member

United States
    Is it a 383? If so, that's a great motor!

11. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    Motor

Its a Briggs and Straton 5 horse...but its blown.:thumbsup:

12. Knife

Knife Member

United States
    It's good to be blown.

13. deepdish

deepdish Banned

Well I guess the beer summit wasn't an important thread, but how many thousands of taxpayer dollars were wasted again on something that is a city issue?? Made a huge deal about it,once again the world watches America crumble and laughs at the stupity of the young president..You would think we could at least hear the disscussion but then again mr gates might have said some remarks not warrented for tv broadcasting.. Thank you Mr president for finally getting race relations straightened out so we as Americans can go forward:rolleyes: one last failure cash for clunkers already bankrupt (great bailout program) when will people learn.....:crazy:now do you really want them taking over healthcare?????????????????????????If you did not graduate high school and are heavily on drugs please do not respond....:thumbsup:Thank you........

14. btay67

btay67 New Member

Map

Bear you are killing me!!!!!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

15. ToxicShock

ToxicShock New Member

it is a stroker 383 ask Toe,he and i built it.....pushin 4 years now 383 Knife,and it is the bain of my existence ...Her name is Christine......................

16. ToxicShock

ToxicShock New Member

DAMN IT....Do not let the G friend type.....they fuck shit op

17. Knife

Knife Member

United States
    Brings back an absolute flood of great memories. Thanks for posting!

P.S. Christine, as in the Stephen King movie? Wow, it repairs itself!

18. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    P.S. Christine, as in the Stephen King movie? Wow, it repairs itself![/QUOTE]

Don't I wish.:twitch:

19. deepdish

deepdish Banned

:focus: awesome ride but.......................beer summit?:crazy::kev::focus::drinker:

20. Echo3Niner

Echo3Niner New Member

United States
    Map
    Get over it already.