how did we go from health care to a black-white issue with a cop??

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by deepdish, Jul 23, 2009.

1. RHawkman

RHawkman New Member

I just read on a blog site that Gates and the police officer got into a discussion about counter-steering which led to the inevitable arrest. Democrats don't believe in counter-steering and the conservative police officer tried to explain it to him, but it never matters if a conservative is stating fact, the liberal will say he is wrong.

2. Echo3Niner

Echo3Niner New Member

United States
    Map
    Huh, and here I thought it was the 'intellectual' liberal that knew the truth about counter-steering and it was the 'Christian fundamentalist right-winger' that throws logic out the window and just believes what they believe no matter the facts! :pope2::der::loco::tongue2::fencing::grouphug::peace:

3. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    Did anyone ever hear a cop apologize for anything ???

I know from personal experience that some will not hesitate to outright LIE on a report to strengthen their side of the story even when they violated your constitutional rights !!

99% of the time they can get away with it .

Rot in Hell, Maricopa county sheriff's deputy Johnson !

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  4. wdgah

wdgah New Member

United States
    Map
    Yes.

And I know from personal experience that the vast majority of people stopped by the police will outright lie to get out of being ticketed or arrested. From "I only had two beers" to "I was doing the speed limit" to a plethora of other excuses, I would venture to say that subjects being stopped lie many, many, many times more often than police officers.

5. wdgah

wdgah New Member

United States
    Map
    While you may not like it, the fact still remains that simply being on your property does not provide immunity from prosecution for violationg the statutory laws of your state. Further, when you are on your own property, it does not mean that there must be physical injury occuring to someone else before you can be arrested for a crime.

Example: Call comes in, possible break in. Officer shows up, and sees drugs on the table when he walks to the door. Does the fact that you are in your house and that nobody is being hurt provide immunity from arrest and prosecution? No. And the same goes for disorderly conduct.

Bottom line, if the police have a legal right to be there (in this case, the call from the neighbor about a possible break in, added to the fact that the same police department responded to another break in call just recently, gave them the legal right to be there), then you'd better be ready to dial back the attitude and behavior. Can you bitch and complain? Sure. Can you refuse to ID yourself, act beligerent, cause a ruckus, and make a big scene in public (he was not IN his house when this occurred)? Not without risking arrest for disorderly conduct.

6. TheSkeeter

TheSkeeter New Member

Map
    Wow... for being a Harvard professor, he certainly is a dumb sh*t. He created this entire situation. All he had to do was show ID to the officer, and the guy woulda been on his way. The officer is responding to a call of a possible B&E... he's doing his job.

The professor probably has a few low-selling books and wants to get his name out there. Who knows. But if this is how he conducts himself, he certainly does not need to be molding the minds of students at an Ivy League school. Although they won't, Harvard should fire his a** for starting this and all the negative publicity that comes along with it. If he was white, people would be calling for Harvard to fire him. Show the officer your driver's license with your address on it, ya - it's my house, thanks for responding to the call, see ya later.

I hope someone breaks into his house while he's sleeping and the police DON'T respond when he calls. Karma's a b*tch.

7. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map

"Suspects" can be expected to lie, while cops are sworn officers of the court/legal system, and when they lie on an official report they undermine the entire system of justice and respect for the law.

(May deputy Johnson get the justice due to his lying ass on a deserted road on a dark night from the wrong end of a gun !!)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  8. vfrcapn

vfrcapn Member

United States
    Map
    Monk, come on, don't fall in to this trap. The BC has been produced (last year) and published and verified by the state of Hawaii.

The birth announcement was even published by the Honolulu paper in 1961.

FactCheck.org: Born in the U.S.A.

FWIW, I lost my own original bc long ago and have a very similar "short form" reproduction document from the state of Pennsylvania, with the seal imprint. It is a "certification of live birth" and is sufficient to prove my US citizenship. This is an issue that needs to go away, along with the mystery shooter on the grassy knoll and the faked moon landing.

As far as the other story, he put his foot in his mouth and rightly backtracked today. He's offered to have the officer and Gates to the White House for a beer to discuss. That I would like to see, the 3 of them sitting in the WH kitchen having a couple brews.

Last item, bear, for heavens sake, change your avatar. My eyes!! :eek:

9. vfourbear

vfourbear New Member

United States
    Map
    I hear ya bro.

Its better than Tv

Cheaper than the movies

And now the Squirrelman has joined the fray...............woooohooooo

Shit is on now baby

:pop2:

BTW, I do actually have some folks on here that like my avatar..........y'all need to stop hatin on my Mom cause my sister is getting pissed

[​IMG]

10. xeipher

xeipher New Member

GOD! DAMNIT! BEAR! WTH! I am fckin gonna get nightmares now. Sheeeet gonna get straddled by your mum and ur sis!

:deadhorse: :xxx: :moonie: :hangme: :drool: :tape2: :fear: :rip: :scared:

11. deepdish

deepdish Banned

purgatory.........................................
    :humble::humble::humble::humble:

12. Lgn001

Lgn001 Member

United States
    Map
    You say that like it is a GOOD thing, bear... :crazy:

I'm gonna pencil in some time on my calender next week to be seriously concerned about avatars and those who abuse them. :biggrin: Or, I can just watch Dr. Phil until the subject comes up...

13. vfourbear

vfourbear New Member

United States
    Map
    C'mon, you know they both make you harder than reinforced woodpecker lips.

14. deepdish

deepdish Banned

purgatory.........................................
    ohh look at that big mouth and thick tongue .........big jugs oiled up ohh yeaaaaa....................:banana::drool::hitit::hitit::hitit::hitit::hitit::hitit::hitit::hitit::hitit::hitit::hitit::hitit::hitit::hitit::hitit::hitit::hitit::hitit::hitit::hitit:

15. EricGDR

EricGDR New Member

United States
    Map
    Uh... yeah... "It's" is a contraction for "it is" - It actually makes complete grammatical sense. Enough of this though. It's a complete waste of time.
    I admit, I’m not familiar with the ‘anything goes’ section of the forum. My bad. I still think that issues such as this have their place; it just isn’t on this forum. Take from it what you will.
    Peace.

16. Lgn001

Lgn001 Member

United States
    Map
    It just occurred to me that if LEO's were required to have pictures of vfourbear's avatar on the front of their uniform, there would never be any confrontations due to the distraction it would cause... Everyone would cooperate just because they would want the picture to go away.

17. monk69

monk69 New Member

Thx for the link.... I've checked in "Snopes", and "Truth or fiction", and this is the first that's come up with a positive result on him actually being a natual born citizen. So I'll no longer push this rumor.

18. vfourbear

vfourbear New Member

United States
    Map
    Buts its really that little moustache that seals the deal for ya, now isnt it?

19. midnitelamp

midnitelamp New Member

nothing like adding alcohol to a volatile situation to ensure an equitable result.

20. RHawkman

RHawkman New Member

Ok, talking sh!t is one thing, messing around. But I DO NOT hope the man has someone break into his house. Being stupid is one of those inalienable rights our constitution provides and if you break the law, calling it disorderly conduct or whatever, suck it up. Moreover, hoping for a police officer to be killed?!?!? (May deputy Johnson get the justice due to his lying ass on a deserted road on a dark night from the wrong end of a gun !!) Good damn thing for a lot of people I am not in charge. ANYONE shoots at a cop, you get killed...on the spot, no trial, no nothing. You have just shown your total disregard for the safeguards in place to protect me and every other citizen. What a lowlife scum to wish anyone be killed, anymore than someone who devotes their life to protecting others. That kind of crap makes me almost ashamed that I spent the past 28 years in and with the military defending the constitutional rights of son's of bitches who don't respect anyone or anything besides themselves.