how did we go from health care to a black-white issue with a cop??

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by deepdish, Jul 23, 2009.

1. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    Whats on channel two?

:pop2::pop2::pop2::pop2::pop2::pop2::pop2:

2. Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider Active Member

United States
    Map

You are making this too easy with you being a cop as well. You know the cop was on a power trip. It was Gate's property, the cop verified it was his, but he couldn't just leave. As was mentioned, the law can be twisted to make us think that Gate's was training the Taliban on this property. Cops love to do when they are wrong. Them (and the DA) will twist and turn the facts until it serves their purpose to make them look in the right.

Unreasonable noises.....yeah, the guy was upset because the officer was still grilling him after he verified who he was. The officer could not take it that he was being yelled at, so he had to flex his muscles and show that you cannot talk to him like that. Yeah, I am really sure they were gonna have a riot and burn down the neighborhood. Good thing he arrested him or we would still be putting out the fires from the all of the houses on fire and looting going on. :rolleyes:

3. vfourbear

vfourbear New Member

United States
    Map
    More of the same I think........

[​IMG]

4. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    I wanted to comment.....oh shit...my thoughts are cop inspired racists dribble. WTF I can't believe you are all going off about this. But then what am I doing here right now? Gotta get a beer and smoke a cigar. Haven't read Tiger for a long time.

5. Ghost_Rider

Ghost_Rider Active Member

United States
    Map
    Not at all. Nothing at all that I have said insinuates that police are racists, or in this instance he was a racist. My problem is with this ONE cop who over-reacted, not all cops. As I stated five times, he wanted to show that he was the big dog and had the last say.

6. VFRstar

VFRstar New Member

Map
    I guess what I don't understand, and since non of us were there to know exactly what happened... Why wouldn't he have been happy to see the officer and say "Hey, thanks for watching out for my house. Here's my ID so you know it's really mine. Thanks again, have a good day."??

Oh that's right, no one ever says thanks anymore.

Society is a funny thing. Take race completely out of this... Same situation, everyone in the scene is the same race. Someone is in their front yard carrying on yelling and screaming. Senerio #1. Loud person is arrested, neighbor A says "Hey thanks, he was out of control, my children don't need to see that." Meanwhile Neighbor B screams at us that we have no right to arrest him. Senerio B, Officer doesn't arrest them and gets in his car and leaves, the next day neighbor A AND B calls and complains because we didn't do anything.

One thing I have learned after 13 years, this job is a lot like being married with kids. Nothing I do is right and someone will complain. :)

7. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Him: You only arresting be just because I am green.
    me: So you are saying because I am white adn you are green, this is the reason you are being arrested?
    Him: Yes. You white guys are always arresting us green guys.
    Me; So if I were green, then you think I would not arrest you.
    Him: That's right. It is racist.
    Me: I want to fully understand you, because I am white and you are green, you say I am being racist fro arresting you.
    Him: Fucking rights man.
    Me; That sounds like a racist opinion to me.

This actually to me only 5 years ago her in peacful conservative Canada but of course we do not have green men. The cop that came to take custody of this green man was green himself. I relayed the story to him. He came unglued with this asshate green perp. Perp went to jail for the reason he was arrested for.

But I have seen where officers should have let something go. Take the high road. The public will see the asshate for what he is, and the cop will be seen in a better light for letting it go. But hey people. You think this only happens in the policing world. You don't think that some medical people, educators, lawyers, waiters or whome ever do not have this same thing going on. If you do, then you really live in a bubble with walls painted like a kelidescope.. The doors are revolving but won't open.

8. wdgah

wdgah New Member

United States
    Map
    The bottom line is actually very clear, and very simple:

• The Obama question was a set up. His staff preps EVERY media person who's going to "ask" a question. Why do you think he calls 'reporters' (and I use that term loosely) BY NAME *before* each question?
    • Obama ADMITTED, right before giving his response, that HE DID NOT HAVE THE DETAILS, yet even without the details, he stated that the cops "acted stupidly". How many of YOU would be comfortable saying someone "acted stupidly" when you DO NOT HAVE ANY DETAILS?
    • The reason the situation itself escalated to an arrest was because Mr. Gates, a professor at Harvard in African American studies, WANTED to make a scene. Gates has made millions off of the entire black v. white issue in his career. He did NOT immediately identify himself nor provide ID (that was later). He initially stated, "I WILL NOT" when asked to provide it. He said, "You don’t know who you’re messing with", as if being a Harvard professor is supposed to provide immunity? He said, "THIS IS THE WAY A BLACK MAN IS TREATED IN AMERICA?", and made references to the police sergeant's mother ("Yeah, I’ll speak with your mama outside"). In short, Mr. Gates wanted to go on a power trip to prove to the white officer that he, Mr. Harvard Professor, was more important and more powerful than the officer.
    • The sergeant being accused of racially motivated actions is the racial diversity training officer at a police academy in MA. Not only that, but he was given that role by a BLACK police commissioner, and who had nothing but stellar things to say about the sergeant (after the Gates incident).
    • A non-white officer, who arrived on the scene while Gates and the Sgt. were still in the house, verified and validated the Sgt's version of the story with regard to what occurred AFTER they left the house and stepped outside.
    • Police were responding to neighbor's call that a possible break in was occurring.
    • Police had responded to a PREVIOUS break in just days BEFORE at the same house.
    If some of you can't see the clear facts that this was a racially motivated incident that was incited by GATES, then you are either blind or lying to yourself. Mr. Black History Race & Justice Professor was asserting his power and position to prove what a big shot he was. Period.

And for those of you who don't think you can be arrested while in your own house: think again. Your domicile does NOT give you immunity from the law. Further, he was arrested for is disorderly conduct that occurred OUTSIDE the house, not what transpired INSIDE.

Bottom line: If I found myself in the same situation, I would be GRATEFUL that the police were investigating a SECOND break-in attempt (call in) at my house, would have stayed calm, provided my ID, and let the officer sort it out. When it was all done, I would have offered the officer a cup of coffee and thanked him for doing his duty.

Instead, Mr. Gates chose to escalate this into a race issue (he was the only person saying/doing anything related to race during the ENTIRE incident).

Mr. Gates is a race baiter, just like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. They all make MILLIONS of dollars by pitting black against white, and THAT is why this occurred.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  9. monk69

monk69 New Member

Obama, sure does have other issues.... like producing records of his place of birth.... One needs to be born in America, or on an American land IE: Base/embassy/etc..... Which he hasn't done, yet. .... To be an American President........ When McCain was asked to produce his, he came up with it the next day........ As far as using his power to help a friend, the "Popo" aren't even allowed to track a licensed plate without it being for an official reason.
    But I do like that Obama is stirring up our do nothing officials. I would just hate to see our fine country become an obamaNation.....

10. wdgah

wdgah New Member

United States
    Map
    The way I see it, the first black President of the United States just played the race card.

As far as I'm concerned, he's losing the argument on this one.

11. Jakobi

Jakobi New Member

@ Echo3Niner. I'm having a hard time remembering when dressing down an officer actually helped peacefully resolve a situation. Last I checked it was a lot easier just to be polite. If I haven't done anything wrong why would I need to be combative anyway?

-Jake

12. monk69

monk69 New Member

Good point....... It seems like most of the people that give the LEO chit are the ones that get it back.... Like you said, be nice they're doing their job... If you don't like the way they handling your problem.... report it later, don't take it up with the LEO..... DUUU:crazy:

13. buttonhook

buttonhook New Member

Maryville, TN (six miles from the dragon)
  14. EricGDR

EricGDR New Member

United States
    Map
    It's because of people like you that the world goes 'round sputtering, coughing, and gasping for breath. Now I don't know all the details to this situation, so I will not make any conclusions in that realm. However, how can you expect to change anyone's point of view (Or effectively express your own for that matter) when you can't even form half-way decent/ intelligent/ literate sentences? You can't. So don't try to.
    This is not the place for political inquiries, debates, or arguments. This is a place created for the euphoric pleasures Honda VFR owners and people who show interest in this bike. So cluck someplace else.

15. deepdish

deepdish Banned

purgatory.........................................
    :encore:------------------:thumbsup:The conservative cali people sure use dem der curse words alot..:rolleyes:.What I was saying is not pres Obamas business even though its his friend.. MRgates just needed to show his proper id and the cop would have left....................................................................:crazy: but wanted to be on tv fighting the power..how about this question? mr gates (africa studies proffessor)came back from a flight from europe wouldn't he have his passport as id and not a library card Thank you..

16. deepdish

deepdish Banned

purgatory.........................................
    you started a sentence with(IT"S):rolleyes: therefore you made yourself look like an idiot(i'm sure that is an everyday occurence with you) and attacking me with your point of view shows your mentality sir. I just stated the facts and by the way being black in america part2 is coming on later...so i will make this short like your thoughts. have you read the section in the forum stating anything goes?? well anything means anything did i ask to change anyones point of view ?? i asked how we go from healthcare to this arrest.. read it again and try to get someone to help you out with the big words..you state not the place for debates and arguments...are you on crack how long you been on this forum?? members here discuss there points of view all the time.. tell him ncb..............thats what makes this forum so great .. thank ewe and have a great day....:thumbsup:

17. GeorgiaRider

GeorgiaRider New Member

Between this thread and the counter-steering fiasco, how am I supposed to be getting ANY WORK DONE!
    :whoo: :deadhorse:

18. Echo3Niner

Echo3Niner New Member

United States
    Map
    All good points, and well said. I bet the truth is somewhere between what I would consider the police's point of view you have so eloquently given here, and the professors. Actually only one bone of contention I have with what you said:

While true, and based on the "letter of the law" since he likely could be heard on the public street, could be an issue; BUT, he was still on his property, and I fundamentally have an issue with anyone telling me how I can act on my property, as long as I'm not hurting anyone. I also have an issue with the fact that somehow police seem to think they are in some position that prevents me from 'dressing them down', that is crap and I don't accept it. I do know that it doesn't help the situation, and will only cause me issues, but if I choose to accept the crap back, then there should not be a law preventing me from giving a cop a piece of my mind, no matter if I mention his 'mommy' or not!

Jake, you must of misunderstood me; I NEVER meant to imply that "acting an a$$" to a cop would make things better, or make the encounter go well at all; only that "acting an a$$" on my own property should not be a crime to which I can be arrested for.

True enough, and also well said.

Frankly all I agree the professor was provoking it, and it sure wasn't a 'smart' thing to do, unless you wanted to make it into something it shouldn't have been; HOWEVER, I hold the police officer to a higher standard of professionalism than I do some Harvard Professor, and the officer should have simply given him his name and badge number, then walked away. He was being provoked, he should have seen this for what it was, and beat the professor at his own game by not giving him any ammo. He could have defused the situation just as easily as the professor, and frankly it's his job to deal with these types of situations, so I hold him more responsible. So, he gave the professor exactly what he wanted. And at the end of the day, the professor shouldn't have been arrested for being an a$$ on his own property.

19. NOLA VFR

NOLA VFR New Member

Map

20. xeipher

xeipher New Member

Wow. A new bike every four to six months! Is this some kind of plan :) How does a lay man like me get in ? :)