Hi guys, new here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by six-tee-nine, Mar 18, 2019.

1. six-tee-nine

six-tee-nine New Member

Belgium
    Just joined this site and want to say hello.

I'm Koen, 38 and live in Belgium. Altough I'm kinda new to motorcycles in general I'm not new to anything technical. I've been around engines and machines most of my professional life as a diesel technician and work as a in house technical trainer these days.
    My wife, 2 daughters and our German shepherd consume most of my non work time, but hey family first as they say.
    In my spare time I like to tinker with old iron as much as possible and had some older stuff on 4 wheels around of wich 2 are still around today, that is a very common Mercedes W124 Eclass with a 3 liter inline six, wich I just happen to like and drive and therefor keep on the road. Secon one is kinda my pride and joy, my 1969 Dodge Charger R/T wich is undergoing a full restoration and asks alot of time and sadly enough makes money evaporate even faster than gas.

Recently I got interested in bikes again, since I no longer see them as a thing that is going to kill me in no time.
    Since I like to build stuff rather than buy it I had the great idea of buying me an old (very) tired '84 VF1000F. It turned out the bottom end was ok, so I guess I have a project to play with...

Some pictures attached.

Attached Files:

2. six-tee-nine

six-tee-nine New Member

Belgium
    some more pictures of the VF

Attached Files:

Samuel likes this.
  3. Captain 80s

Captain 80s Member

United States
    Wilkommen!

Owner of a 84 VF1000F myself (plus a few more).
    [​IMG]

Taking it down to the cases, nice. Parts can be tricky, like bearing shells if needed, on the old VFs. Look forward to seeing your progress.

Samuel likes this.