Helmets........need your opinion

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by duccmann, Jul 23, 2014.

1. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Hey Jim..just watched all the videos on revzilla for the Neotech...looks like the one...just hope it fits well...
    What did you pay ?
    Is it quite and do you use ear plugs?
    Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  2. JimGregory

JimGregory New Member

The neotec is a modular and for a modular it is quiet. There is a lot of engineering that you have to look hard to see, to make it quiet as they can. I don't wear earplugs but I should. I had a cheapo modular that sucked so bad. I did an 8 hour ride to deliver a bike and was taking the train home. I used that helmet so I could throw it away at rides end and not have to carry it back. I DID wear plugs with that one. And I did throw it away.
    I have to have the neotec flipped open to get it on and off. It seals up pretty well around the neck for noise reduction. The face shield is nicely gasketed. If you have seen the videos then there is not much else I can add. I paid around 6 hundred out the door at a local bike shop. The cheek pieces fit tight but I like it like that. I could get looser ones I suppose but it's still breaking in. Best of luck Duc. Love your avatar.

3. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Thanks Jim....ya thats my wife
    I WISH. ;)

4. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    When you close your eyes it is. lol

5. Boosh63

Boosh63 Member

Canada
    Map
    Nothing wrong with the ECE standard as it's good enough for MotoGP.

Someone else earlier has it right...get one that fits properly...that is half the battle.

I have a Joe Rocket RKT101 that I will be retiring soon...the OEM is HJC and the helmet was/is a great lid for the $. I have been looking at other HJC products now and I have seen some helmets from LS2 that look interesting.

6. Vfourer

Vfourer New Member

Have to agree, just gone back to a Arai defiant helmet after owning a Nolan, wearing the Nolan I use to get a sore forehead after a few hours, completed a 3500km trip over three days doing 10+hour days and didn't feel any discomfort the entire trip wearing it. so comfortable you forget your wearing it.

7. RDMCD

RDMCD New Member

Canada
    Map
    Just bought the Icon Airmada. Excellent helmet for 200$. Best fitting one for me with it's long oval shape. I was looking in the 500-600$ range but after trying on this one couldn't justify the price difference. It's very snug fitting and a little harder to get on, but this makes for a very quiet ride. Also has plenty of ventilation.

8. OOTV

OOTV Insider

9. jjarama

jjarama New Member

United States
    I purchased the Schuberth C3 Pro modular helmet!!at the BMW dealership using my buddies discount ...

I was still expensive yet it is incredibly comfortable, very very quiet, and the graphics are just right for visibility and style.

If you can afford the price ... the performance is awesome!!

I came from a Shoe and after getting my VFR decided to compare the new Neotech and new C3 Pro ... Sometimes price reflects quality as I believe it does with the C3 Pro (fit, finish, quick release chin strap, and all other std features .. yet the feature I notice and appreciate the most is the sound deadening

10. thegreatnobody

thegreatnobody New Member

Map
    I agree with RDMCD, bought an ICON Alliance (similar to Airmada) late last year in the off season and it's bloody brilliant.

Good reviews, ECE, DOT, Sharp and whatever else certified, quiet, slips through the air, fits snug as a bug, nice materials, and doesn't fog. Ever.

Oh, and I paid $80 for it from AAFES on closeout. I think they are about $150 everywhere else.

I have not ridden in Shoeis, Arais, Schuberths, etc...but I have ridden in cheapos, and this feels way better than those ever could have been.

11. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Great JJ...well I think its between the Shoie neo and the Shuberth...but still going to take my time and try EVERY FREEKIN HELMET ON. Im looking for quality and quiet. My scorpion so loud even with the ear plugs....I have made a list of all the suggestions and plan on trying on everyone. I think I may go to BWW in Thousand Oaks and see if they'll lend me a C3 for a ride.
    Thanks again everyone....honestly I would be lost owning my bike and not have the suppprt of everyone here......I know ,get a life..but really all the T personalities and just the camaraderie is unbelievable. Hi my name is Roy and Im a VFRWord addict. Now for another beer

12. MPH Racing

MPH Racing New Member

Canada
    Map
    Went down to my local stealership and tried on a bunch of helmets to replace my 30 year old Shoei. Funny thing was other then the $1000cdn Shoei and the $900cdn Arai the best fitting helmet was a HJC CL-17. I came home and ordered one online for $154cdn shipped and its DOT and Snell approved.

IMGP0002.jpg
    Ordered the Silver in X-fat

13. Boosh63

Boosh63 Member

Canada
    Map

14. nearfreezing

nearfreezing New Member

United States
    Map
    Just picked a Shoei RF-1100 for $330 shipped from Revzilla. The fit and finish is excellent, and it's quiet. Haven't logged too many hours, but definitely worth the money.

15. JimGregory

JimGregory New Member

Been using my neotec for a while now. It's still like new. Screen is perfect after many many cleanings. In the cold it fogs up just like everything else. I have not installed the pinlock that comes with it yet. Cant use the vents when it's cold unless I want frostbite. I cant find my head sock either! It's still fairly quiet. All the internal padding has not compressed at all near as I can tell. Still wishing for that silent helmet but I dont think they exist.

16. nismo350zed

nismo350zed New Member

motorcyclecloseouts.com has some good prices...

17. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Ya was goin to wait for the end of the year closeouts on the neo.....but a totally unexpected visit to the hospital and 5k out of pocket kind of put the hammer in the spokes. Love that helmet....maybe in March when I can ride.....:(
    Thanks

18. FJ12rydertoo

FJ12rydertoo Member

United States
    Map
    That doesn't sound good. Hope you're up and around soonest. It would suck to live in So Cal and not be able to ride. Good luck.

19. JimGregory

JimGregory New Member

Crap that sounds bad. My older bro just got bad acute lukemia. Sucked all his dough right up. He said in between chemo sessions that he wished he could ride but no money. So I rode up 8 hours and gave him my roadster sporty I was trying to sell.
    He is in remission now thank god and back to work (drummer) and riding every chance he gets. Aint I wonderfull.
    Anyway hope things shape up for you.

20. carlgustav

carlgustav New Member

Don't know how 'wonderful' you are :laugh:, but that was a hell of a nice thing to do for your brother ... :high5: ...

ACE