hand cramps

Discussion in 'New Riders' started by Pharoh, Sep 11, 2007.

1. mello dude

mello dude Administrator

United States
    Map
    Audiovox cruise control? What is that?:confused:

MD

2. Carnage

Carnage New Member

I have this problem sometimes. I think that larger grips would work great for me. Does anybody know of a good place to get them from?

3. reg71

reg71 Poser Staff Member

United States
    Map
    I noticed the same thing. When I started adding more core exercises to my routine at the gym I noticed I rode more comfortably. Particularly crunches and lower back exercises. I don't know what the exercise is called but it's where there is a pad across the back of your shoulders and you lean back while in a chair position and the resistance is applied via pulleys and a weight stack. It helped a lot for me.

4. alexi

alexi New Member

Hey goinphaster did you install the audiovox cruise control, sounds like a good idea, anyone else have one.

As far as the cramping, you probably need to raise the bars, at the end of the day that will make the most difference. Riding should be fun not a chore!

5. LVVFR

LVVFR New Member

Map
    to Pharoh

You might be suffering from the same as many other riders. Have you tried risers or the more pricy Heli bars. The seem to work wonders with riders whose hands fall asleep and go numb. I believe this would help with cramping as well. LVVFR.

6. BASFjon

BASFjon New Member

Just go done installing the Audiovox CC today...really cool :thumbsup:

I was a little bit involved, but not too bad. There was a vid a guy posted on youtube for his VIF, so I followed that, and used some of the information in the manuals, and some FJR sites too to bring all the info together. The rest I just got creative with. If you can figure out the wiring - it's only really two parts - the servo and control pad - and it then just comes to mounting them .. oh yeah, the throttle assembly - I bolted an '86 Toyota Camry Throttle Arm to the end of the throttle stud running through the VFR's Throttle Arm - then wired it counterclockwise to prevent it from loosening. That was really the only other involved thing.

But it works great. I think a lot of owners should install these!!! I'll try to put up some information sometime soon about how to do it.