GPS recommendations

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by headshrink, May 28, 2018.

1. 34468 Randy

34468 Randy Secret Insider

Canada
    Map
    Mine is the Garmon Zumo 660. It is (was) expensive but it is motorcycel specific and weather proof and all. Quite durable too. I have had this thing probably for 9 or 10 years now. Two of us bought them and I followed his lead as he was a techy kinda guy. But I have no regrets at all. I commuted year round in every kind of weather you can think of.....even caught in the snow. I used the GPS as my speedo mostly but it sure came in handy on most of my tours too.

I have mine mounted with brackets that fit the two bolts securing the clutch fluid reservoir on the left handlebar. I picked this spot to mount it because when I tour, I have a very large tank bag that would make it impossible for me to see the GPS if I were to mount it on the centre stem.

I have never had an issue with leaving the mounting brackets visible. I have left that parked outside away from home so many times I can't even guess at an approximate number. Once the weather cap that you use when the GPS is removed, dissappeared. But in all honestly, I can't say it was stolen. It could have been human error on my part. Six getting beyond mid life.

Both my GPS and my cell are paired to my Sena as well as a few other headsets. I don't know how I managed to do that! My phone is on constantly with the music being used almost all the time. When I have the voice commands activated on the GPS, it will override the phone for the instructions then the phone resumes. That is if I follow the GPS lady's instructions. Otherwise she has a hissy and won't shut the fug up. If the phone rings, I jsut have to give the SENA a touch and the phone answers.

When I had another coms set for my lid, the phone would connect through the GPS and I could use it to dial phone numbers on the GPS. With my new Sean, this does not seem to be an option. Basically I just receive calls at this time And not many of those either. Not even from the wife. There has to be a reason for that!

2. FJ12rydertoo

FJ12rydertoo Member

United States
    Map
    The reason is your wife is smart, and knows that talking while motoring is not a wise thing to do. :)

3. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    I just use Waze on my phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk