got a paint scheme in mind for my repaint on the Interceptor.

Discussion in '1st & 2nd Generation 1983-1989' started by bobthebiker, Jun 30, 2011.

1. bobthebiker

bobthebiker New Member

now that I've got most of my mechanical crap sorted, I can move forward to paint. I've spent a lot of time debating this one, I"m pretty happy to admit I'm going with a scheme Honda devised, which looked good to me, with one change. Where the 87 CBR tank says Hurricane, my Interceptor shall say INTERCEPTOR on the tank.

its been a tasteful fave of mine for a long time now, so I'm thinking this is THE bike to do it on. all the prepping, wetsanding and such is going to SUCK, a LOT, but it'll be pretty sharp I think when its done. oh and lets not forget fixing dents. time to learn how to fix bodywork.

but tell me what you guys think. I have full upper and lower fairings on my 700F, so I think it'll turn out nice once I get the race tail for it. I know I'm missing my side panels, hence the want of a one piece cowl.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ignoreance

ignoreance New Member

Will look good only problem with that look is the frame will kind of break up the color line. The hurricane had plastic covering most of the frame the VFR does not have plastic over frame. Are you going that color red and black or mixing it up with different colors ?

3. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    Loved those 600 Hurricanes, remember some school mate having the charcoal/black and red one. He rode that thing into the ground before he graduated the bastard! Nicest paint schemes in my foggy memory.

4. bobthebiker

bobthebiker New Member

I'm still working on little details, but this is the basic scheme I'm going with.

5. bobthebiker

bobthebiker New Member

so I got VERY bored a few minutes ago and did a quick and rough mockup scheme with rattlecan on the tank. I'm thinking I'll do the tank alone, and possibly something different on the fairings. I havent decided yet. its got potential though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. NorcalBoy

NorcalBoy Member

you should take a look at the 2008 CBR1krr, Limited Edition, HRC, Red White, Blue.

7. bobthebiker

bobthebiker New Member

eh, I'm no fan of new paint schemes, and I REALLY love this particular color on my bike. it was the color of the very first CBR I ever rode, so I cant help but love it, and kinda feel nostalgic.

8. dutchwurx

dutchwurx New Member

Map
    hey look at this...you can see the lines work even though its not full bodied

[​IMG][/IMG]

9. ErikRock21

ErikRock21 New Member

10. safetypro10

safetypro10 New Member

United States
    Map
    John Player Special.

Just an idea.

Larry

11. camo

camo New Member

Map
    Sounds like you have it handled. My wife bought a pretty nice looking red VTR250. Nice glossy hard paint. Only problem was that cracks were surfacing from old repairs. Had to grind out old repairs and reinforce. Bye bye paint.

You might want to wait on paint for a while to see if any issues come up with your fairing. Your scheme looks great.

The paint on my 86 is just good enough that I don't want to repaint but I am sick of the RWB. Would like Black with orange details.