GIVI Mounting brackets

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by GILL, Sep 8, 2008.

1. GILL

GILL New Member

Does anyone have a picture of the mounting setup on a 98-01 for Givi hard bags? I'm looking to see how it is mounted.

Also, removing the winshield is it difficult? It looks like a few bolts and slides out somehow????

TIA

2. derstuka

derstuka Lord of the Wankers Staff Member

Map
    Sorry, this is all of the photos that I have for now....I don't have one of the mounting attachment under the seat at work. I will try and add one later. The GIVI mounting brackets are attached at three places. Under the seat (where grab rails attach), at frankenstein bolts (ones that hold on rear seat cowl), and off of rear passenger peg mount. Oh, and the windscreen is easy cheesy to take off. Just a few bolts/screws. Need to take mirrors off.

Oh, and BTW... you stole my old avatar! Just playin'!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  3. GILL

GILL New Member

Hehehe...about the avatar, I used it before on the CBR forum and now that I "upgraded" to a VFR I just decided to use it here. I will get a new one soon:smile:

Thanks for the pictures, I think I can figure the rest of it out I just needed a visual. BTW, these bikes are wicked! Had I known the VFR was soooo much fun to ride, I would have bought one sooner.

Thanks for the windscreen tip too!

4. flameface

flameface New Member

Map
    I have a set of the GIVI sidecase mounting brackets for '98 -'01 in stock if you have not yet bought a set. PM me if you are interested.

5. GILL

GILL New Member

Thanks, but the set came with the bike when I bought it. All the mounting hardware was in a bag with no instructions. Thanks though.....I am looking for a Corbin seat if you have a line on one of those!