G'day from Noo Zealand

Discussion in 'New Riders' started by KiwiRC36Fan, Dec 21, 2018.

1. KiwiRC36Fan

KiwiRC36Fan New Member

New Zealand
    Map
    Hi all,
    I am getting back on 2 wheels (freeing myself from the cage) after I took a break from 30+ years of riding Yummies... and rather fortuitously a friend was selling his mint condition 1997 RC36.
    Its had 2 careful (Police) owners from new and a smidge over 36,000kms on the clock.
    He just spent an (almost criminal) amount on getting a major service done, which apparently included; steering head bearings, all new fluids, new pads all round, and I dare not even guess what else they managed to do at the same time...
    So I'm the proud new owner of my first Honda, and I have to say its a friggin dream to ride!

Only mod's to stock (that I'm aware of) are the Reg/Rec, windscreen, V&H Can, Scott Oiler and rear Ohlin's - from what little I know and understand... there really is nothing much else to do - beside keep her clean and upright.
    I've started reading through this very active community and thought I'd say G'day!

If there's anything else I should know, you can recommend... please do let me know.

[​IMG]

Samuel, RllwJoe and duccmann like this.
  2. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    Very sweet looking ride.
    30 years, holy cow.
    May want to take a refresher course and always ATGATT.
    Enjoy and welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KiwiRC36Fan likes this.
  3. KiwiRC36Fan

KiwiRC36Fan New Member

New Zealand
    Map
    Oh I should probably clarify... I rode Yamaha exclusively for 30+ years... until I met a stereotypical non-attentive cage driver (who couldn't see me in all my reflective glory doing a measely 30'ish kph up the road towards her with my headlights well and truly on) a couple of years back...

So my break from riding was only about 2 and a bit years - BUT coincidentally enough of a break and in line with your very pertinent, apt and considerate message - I have already enrolled in both Silver and Gold "Ride Forever" courses here as a refresher... and will be confirming my places in California Superbike School early next year (http://www.californiasuperbikeschool.co.nz/)

There is no substitute for ATGATT, Training and practice!
    Gear is the only reason I'm still here to enjoy my new (to me) Veefer and share the joy with you guys!

Not only do I have a fairly rich & colourful history on 2 wheels, I also have a career in/around road safety...
    So I have learned to balance everything good with a healthy dose of caution and humbleness (not really humility - because ultimately I respect the machine, the road and the other mumpties that share the tarmac with us!)

Thanks for the welcome - looking forward to loads more interesting reading and learning about these dream machines

duccmann likes this.
  4. RllwJoe

RllwJoe Insider

United States
    Map
    Welcome to the best forum on the planet! Good first post btw.

KiwiRC36Fan likes this.
  5. squirrelman

squirrelman Member

United States
    Map
    WELCOME and g'day ! :Yo:

Quick, from your head, what's the current NZ ratio of people/sheep ? how very cool to see a toilet flush different from the north, not enough doucmention on this odd subject.

alot of folks here in USA are herded by Trump like sheep into being loyal followers of his egotism and idiocy. politics here are now fucked up worse than Nixxxon. :eek:

yes, i'm :drink: dammit !

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    duccmann likes this.
  6. KiwiRC36Fan

KiwiRC36Fan New Member

New Zealand
    Map
    Growing up in the 70's it was in excess of 20 to 1 (sheep to sheeple... oops hmmmm... I was referring to people, not Americans)
    Nowadays it's more like 7 to 1... Mainly due to the mass immigration of wealthy Americans buying up their End-Of-The-World // Zombie Apocalypse safe house here in Godzone (our previous government had a lucrative cash-for-citizenship scheme going, keeping us afloat as a country post GFC)

The introduction of your current DOOFUS... oops POTUS has only increased New Zealand's demand as an immigration destination... albeit the only really dangerous creature or critter we have here is the odd rogue zombie sheep
    But as we just learned, we are actively fixing that ratio!
    No poisonous critters, not dangerous creatures (apart from the Sheeple that emigrate here from USA)
    A beautiful temperate climate, and I literally live here... AND ride a VFR!

LIFE IS GREAT!

Attached Files: