First official ride of the spring

Discussion in 'General VFR Discussions' started by risgett, Apr 28, 2014.

1. risgett

risgett New Member

Map
    Well, even though I ride mine year round to work and such...this weekend was the first official fun ride of the year. Me and a buddy left work early Friday and headed to my place in Chimney Rock for the weekend. Saturday at lunch time two other buddies made it up there and then a local friend joined the group too. We rode all day Saturday and most of the day Sunday. The weather couldn't have been nicer and we logged about 450 miles of mountain riding and a little over 800 total counting the trip there and back. We hit 64 and 74A, Hwy 9 to Black Mtn, Parkway, 276 and various other nice roads. Bikes were a Harley Sportster(old school customized:topsy_turvy:), Super Tenere, Honda ST1300, Moto Guzzi California and of course my 07RWB. We rode till dark Saturday and then sat on my porch eating pizza and drinking beer. Then we got up and did it all over again Sunday before heading home.

Attached Files:

2. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Good to see the weather working in your favor. Although we've had good weather here in So Cal, it's work that has kept me off the bike! And since sometimes I work from home, I haven't been doing much commuting either...I am so "Jonesing" to go on a ride. So much so that the wife tells me yesterday, "You need to go on a long ride this Saturday!" Wow, it's that obvious?!