first 96vfr750....

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by TTavenierIII, Mar 14, 2010.

1. TTavenierIII

TTavenierIII New Member

ok so i bought a 1996 honda vfr750 from my father in law with 23000 miles original. has aftermarket pipe. yoshamira pipe and he took it to a shop 2 years ago and had the motor bored over .20.... bike runs amazing with great low end torque and decent hi speed. only thing i dont seem to like is in compared to my 2004 cbr1000rr... first thing its not fuel injected. so first question is... do they make a fuel injection kit for this bike or would it be better to run different jets.. second thing is it seems like there is no cruize, its either gas or slow down. and third thing the gas lever seems to stick if u let go of the handle. any ideas on the 2ed and 3rd things any tips aout this bike and best of all i took it to the track here in orlando florida at the circle track and wow it gets up and goes but doesnt seem to wanna go faster than 150. great take off but after 150 thats it. does this thing have a governer or something on it, my cbr1000rr will go to 218 befor the governer kicked it,well that was until i put the power commander on it.. lol. also as for knee scraping this bike just wont do it but it handles pritty good on the track. any thoughts, tips, advise, or recomendations please let me know.....
    thanks
    Terry T.
    Orlando, Fl :cool:

2. VT Viffer

VT Viffer New Member

United States
    Map
    The sticky throttle might be something as simple as the grip rubbing against the kill switch box. Grab the grip and try to pull it away from the kill switch box. Mine does this sometimes, too.

There are no fuel injection "kits" for this bike. Because of the aftermarket pipe AND the fact that it's bored .20 over, a jet kit would likely improve power, although it's probably already done. With stock gearing (16/43) the bike will top out at 162. No more - that's at 12k RPM's.

Not to rain on your parade, but if you've changed the gearing at all on your CBR, a displayed 218 mph, ain't 218 mph in the real world.

3. epicbeardman

epicbeardman New Member

You rode your other bike 218 mph on "the circle track"?

Wow. I mean really, wow. You should take it over to Germany and show those pansies at the Nurburgring a thing or two. The best pro riders in the world don't go that fast on Moto GP bikes. You could really straighten them out.

4. TTavenierIII

TTavenierIII New Member

the cbr1000rr was done at the drag strip and done on a dyno for tuning sorry for the mis comuntcation. sometimes i get to busy writing and not enough time to proof read lol. no gear changes done the the vfr. its a great bike and thanks for the tip on the handle bar thing. thats what it was. so they dont make a jet kit for the vfr"s that sucks. but i gotta say the bike runs great. love it. wish i could figure out how to upload pics on this site its alittle hard to find the edit button or maybe im not looking hard enough.

5. VT Viffer

VT Viffer New Member

United States
    Map
    I've seen jet kits for the VFR on eBay every once in a while, and I would be surprised if you couldn't find one elsewhere.

6. crustyrider

crustyrider New Member

Map
    yeah they do make jet kits...just gotta look for them...