electrical issues won't start without jump??

Discussion in 'Mechanics Garage' started by EdgarM55, May 10, 2016.

1. EdgarM55

EdgarM55 New Member

I have a 2003 VFR 800 that out of nowhere wouldn't start or would sound weak when i tried starting.i jump start it and it works for that one ride. So i replaced the battery but it only worked for three days then it did it again, then i checked the stator and it was new i even called the previous owner and he said he replaced it a week before i bought it off him. I followed on replaced the R/R but it only worked for the day!! what could be the problem all the fuses are intact could it be the battery again? i left it out for 4 days without using it and the R/R could have been messing with it while i waited for the new one to come in. can someone please help i have no idea what to check next.

2. NormK

NormK New Member

Nothing unusual with this happening, used to have about 5 a week come here with the same problems but it has eased off in the last 6 months or so. I guess you now know why the po sold it. Search here for the "drill" and it will tell you all you need to know and how to solve it. Post #9 is the important one

3. NormK

NormK New Member