Ebay sale - 10 out of 10?

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by Twitchy at times, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Twitchy at times

Twitchy at times New Member

Map
  2. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    9.8...........If it was in white it would be a 10 but it is a peach. 49 state model is a plus as well.

3. Twitchy at times

Map
    I wonder what she'll fetch...I'd throw money at that auction...if I had any ("thanks kids!").

4. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    I would think 3-4k.

5. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    Too bad it wasnt an RC 30 :tongue: Dont wana be an envious person, bike would bee titts if it was the 92 black model really called granite blue...any-whooOO0

6. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    Glad it is not a white whale, I would be cleaning oot my savings if it was.

7. flying dave

flying dave New Member

That bike is in the classified section for 6K.....

8. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    Interesting! You know what they say in dah Car Bizzz..."there is an arse fer every seat."

Seems high to me, but what do I know...

9. Twitchy at times

Map
    So how does this Ebay "you've just been outbid" thing work?
    For shits & giggles I just bid $ 2025 on the bike (which was showing a top bid at $1750 so far).

Can ya tell I've never used Ebay before? lol

I did notice that the dude that shows as the higher bidder seems to do a ton of them on different bikes...

10. OOTV

OOTV Insider

Ebay is actually now showing your $2,025.00 bid. But to answer your question, once you put in your "maximum" bid, it will automatically add $5.00 (or minimum bid increase) to any bid that beats your last entry, up until it reaches your maximum bid amount. Essentially it watches for new bids and will keep submitting a higher bid until your max bid is reached, from then on it's up to you to increase your max bid, manually enter each time you get outbid or you can chose to quit bidding.

11. Twitchy at times

Map
    Thanks, Oot! Makes good sense now...I'm starting to feel the fever, lol...

12. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again Member

United States
    Just from reading the sellers description I can guarantee that the reserve price is more than $1000 more than what that bike is worth.

Rollin

13. Twitchy at times

Map
    Thanks, Rollin...I just fired him off a note in effort to try to get a better sense of reserve. If it's 6K, "I'm out!"

14. PorscheBob

PorscheBob New Member

United States
    Map
    You might also ask for a closer photo of the VIN. If you happen to win the bike be sure to ask for a photo of the Owner Certificate before sending any money.
    I would also want to have the guy fire up the bike and let me listen to it on the phone. Better yet, ask for a video of it running.

Remember, depending on where you live, if you have to have it shipped that can cost
    between $500 - $600 strapped onto a pallet.

Watch ladies, and see how much this bike will go for because it's not molested, doesn't have loud aftermarket pipes, or a bunch of silly carbon fiber-looking plastic stick on stuff. Stock is king.

Former Honda Sales Mgr.

15. ridervfr

ridervfr Member

Belgium
    Map
    Stock is king but the doode did molest that tail section as it is cut, I know this cause mines be longer (no-penis jokes) and has a square reflector at the bottom. There is very little carbon fibre for this model, Lockhart Phillips might have had a upper tripple tree lick and stick for it, but thats about it. I have seen some Down & Under (Australia) bikes have some kewel looking carbon fibre chain gaurds that looked pretty trick. I had to wait 20 years to get a nice slip-on off dah Ebay, still got the stock can, with its little rash hanging from dah rafters.

It will be interesting to see what it goes for, I am sure its gona hit 5000 and not have the reserve covered. For that kinda money me needs to ride dat shit. But, thats just me, wut doo I know?

16. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    Taking bets on if this action meets reserve. Two to one says no.

17. TOE CUTTER

TOE CUTTER Mullet Man

United States
    Map
    Giuseppi, if you are serious aboot buying this bike I could run oot and take a look at it. It is only aboot an hour from me.

18. 82ndGreasemonkey

82ndGreasemonkey New Member

It won't get close... This guy thinks he's got the golden goose. This is gonna do what every ePrey auction with a rare gem does: It'll stall out as the closing date draws near, then to get it moving again it'll get hit with a schill bid (or ten) in the closing moments just to stir shit up & drive up the price. Most likely the seller will end up winning his own item under the schill bidders name and report it as non-payment just so we can all watch it be relisted.

This thing just SCREAMS buyer beware:

1st: Look at his price in the classifieds here...

2nd: The seller has a 100% feedback... for a whopping 19 transactions, all of which are small purchases (mostly parts for various bikes, a car part or two, and some camera shiz). My money says it's either a used car dealer (or someone who buys storage auctions) using 1 of probably a dozen different ePrey accounts to move his latest get rich scheme at an unreasonable price. I've seen this game before, as I've been into high-end electric guitars for the past decade. My experience is that when a "Unicorn" item pops up it's often WAAYYY overpriced, and is more often than not a scam. By the time Paypal takes action on the buyers behalf the $$$ has already been drained from the associated account and the account is either closed or derilict and untraceable to a real name. Too bad this thing just reeks of heartache & buyers remorse- it's a nice lookin bike...

Another red flag: This time of year sellers are more realistic with thier pricing due to tighter belts around the holidays. The more ridiculous prices usually come up just in time for tax returns...

Just my .02

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  19. Twitchy at times

Map
    You rock, Toe.

I've only got a $ 3000 reserve bid at time of writing and recently heard back from the Ebay seller, Matt McKusick (seems like a decent shit) who was kind enough to clarify that he'd like to get close to his reserve, which is a number (he didn't spec) very close to a "buy it now" price he has on some other area of Egay that I haven't seen.

I keep telling my wife this bike would be for her but, honestly, it'd be a shame to see her drop it! With that in mind, if the reserve ended up well above 4K then I'd be out...having to factor another $ 600 to ship, plus our GD taxes when it crosses the border on top of the final sale price.

If I have an epiphany (aneurysm?) and decide to proceed beyond 4K then you'd be the first to know.

Your offer to blast down Hwy 80 to Oakland is surely appreciated, ma-bro!

20. Twitchy at times

Map
    Well, as some of you know, I'm as green as you can find when it come to Ebay so I'll tell ya what...your insight and skepticism is appreciated and may save my ass. Food for thought for sure. Maybe I'll pepper the seller with a few more questions...my immediate feeling is that he's included a shitload of intimate detail abut the bike that speaks of enthusiast more than curb-sider.