Doh!

Discussion in '6th Generation 2002-2013' started by DKC, May 31, 2014.

1. DKC

DKC New Member

The steering lock shall hence forth be known (to me) as the Deductible Lock!

Last Thursday at a meeting, campus security comes in and asks "does anyone ride a white rice rocket? Someone was seen pushing one down the street!" Sure enough, some scoundrel stole my bike. We did recover it. He pushed it four blocks, dropped it along the way, and then stashed it down a hill in some tall grass and pine trees.

Police finger printed it. It was rideable. So I'm awaiting the estimate. The deductible is five bones. Wish I had locked it!

That got me thinking, what is the preferred method of securing your bike? Are Lo Jacks worth the price? Alarms? Good ol' fashion padlocks? Obviously the steering lock would have prevented simply pushing it away.

Seems to me that the smart thieves hot wire and ride away. As they say, 'that's why we buy insurance'. Thoughts?

2. fredsncoma

fredsncoma New Member

United States
    Nice big American Pad lock around the front disc always deterred enough for me to keep mine and small enough to carry anywhere or a Kryptonite. Glad you recovered it. now you just feel slightly violated instead of feeling raped in turkish prison.

3. safetypro10

safetypro10 New Member

United States
    Map
    Old thread, but I disc lock the front, cable lock though the center stand and rear, if left publicly. The more visible, the better. If left overnight, it gets covered too.

Larry

4. duccmann

duccmann Member

United States
    Map
    I use a disc lock and park in range of security cameras at work. NEVER use my bike for erands (spell chk)
    That way nimrods backs over. or.steals my bike

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

5. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again Member

United States
    Just put a big Hyosung decal over the Honda wing.

Rollin