Do less?

Discussion in 'Racing & Track Days' started by misti, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Badbilly

Badbilly Official VFRWorld Troll Of The Year!

United States

2. Badbilly

United States

Sell that damn Norton and you can go to the CSBS... Summers on the high desert in the Palmdale/Lancaster/ Rosamond are real nice . Time it right and you can see the SCTA guys run the lakes on the Edwards AFB property and maybe see some UFO's from nearby area 54. Sorry, the Honda track is off limits. ;)

3. Badbilly

United States
    I am assuming you will be 16 soon in order to obtain your ticket.

Gotta tell ya pal if your uncle did that to any nine year old kid on my watch he would be looking at losing his ticket. You didn't learn a fucking thing and all the asshole did was scare you.

4. Badbilly

United States

Are we talking smooth or chunky?

5. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    Every time I think of turning the Norton into cash I go ride it and just can't let it go. There is just something so very awesome about it.

Do you know how freaking out of place I would feel, surround by would be racers on fast hyper bikes? I would look like Santa Clause stuffed into a leather suit!

6. Badbilly

United States

LOL same deal with the BMW "money pit".

The instructors would think it cool IMO. Some of the students who believe that taking a couple of days on a racetrack is going to catapult them into being Moto-GP fast guys might not.

Showing up in bright red leathers trimmed in white fur might not be the best thing though.. I don't think reindeer poop on your boots would be noticed that much but the fur thing is not a good thing. IMO..

I have interests in a yearly riding clinic and other hoopla in Washington and Oregon. We have some of the really fast guys there for the clinics and rent an entire set of the damndest set of twisties you can imagine. The fast guy instructors are mostly of the do less school of thought but what is funny is some of the students look to me like they are constipated at first. Thankee Jesus for the pucker factor..

The fast guys? Nick and Reg and last year Mike Sullivan who holds several track records at our near Seattle track and who was a regular in past WSB. The twisties are the Maryhill Loops.. in Washington.

Cheers..

7. Big_Jim59

Big_Jim59 Member

United States
    Map
    Believe me I have thought about going for the whole Santa thing with a red VFR and red Olympia suite trimmed in reflective white. I gotta let my beard grow and my freak flag fly before I get my Santa gig on.

It would be great to have pictures of the big guy draggin his knee. Too many "Santa Rides a Harley" T-shirts after all.

I have spent more than my share of time at the track both as a participant and as an observer and the one thing that is universal, If you think you're fast, and you have something to prove, there is always someone faster to take you down a notch. I have seen it so many times. The kid with a chip on his shoulder, new to club racing with his freshly safety wired Ninja 250 that's going to show everyone how it's done. You either get humbled or tumbled really fast.

8. Badbilly

United States
    Never one to be a card carrying member of the picture police, I would like to see that one..

Dudes talkin shit on bike nights too. The old, "the older I get, the faster I was" replaced by, " the more decals I have the faster I am".

9. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map

I don't get you Billy and have decided you are a waste of my time. You add nothing but a jaded, condescending bad attitude to any thread I have read. And seeing you epic post count and the times that you post you obviously have little to bring to the table except a bad attitude. Seems you have done everything that there is to do and have no desire to help or contribute to someone who could benefit from you vast experience and overwhelming wit. Like the above comment, like so many others.Not everyone knows as much as you and some benefit and enjoy good discussion. If its boring or repetitive to you, move on to some thread that involves adolescent teasing and revels in making fun of people. Your watch? Please my ex military/ cop or whatever friend. You have no idea what you are talking about but still spew negative. My uncle was awesome and not only gave me the love for flying but scuba diving and fishing too. And your other quote, I never claimed to be the fastest, most experiences at anything, I have tried to add intelligent dialogue and share some of my experiences. I have learned and enjoyed many forums and try and give back. You seem to enjoy in being...... well just like your avi says, BADbilly. I usually see such behavior from the young squids that have have matured yet on some 600 gixer forum. Kind of wonder at your behavior in a forum for VFR's.

10. Badbilly

United States

Thankyou for the psychological profile, the kind thoughts and the sage advice. I detect some contradictions in your last as in your other posts. Me a cop? Nope.. However its a good thing we do have them. Ex military? Yep. SCUBA and Hyperbarics too. I hope that sick fuck relative of yours didn't rip off your mask or turn off your air when you were diving too. My feeling is that these traumas carried over and that you may be overcompensating.

I sure hope you are not using those same "training" techniques on those "young squids" on a 600 forum. They are probably dumping on you too.

What you might do is confront your uncle and ask him just what the hell he could teach you by scaring you when you were nine years old by stalling out a single engine aircraft. Hope this didn't carry over to your kids. If so you may find there are more folks than just me that are standing watch.

11. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Whatever Billy, I had hoped that you might have a word about your behavior. Like the above mentioned. Feel free to stand watch. My kids are grown and awesome. They hike, climb, dive, ride, shoot, ski, live, laugh,and generally have a great time. Both are professionals and make good livings. Your judgmental and cryptic speak says volumes. Have fun.

12. Badbilly

United States
    "Whatever" was just categorized as oot for 2014. With your ability to analyze and justify behavior in most things, I wouldn't stand a chance.. "Awsome" is my own personal choice to be oot in 2015.

So did your kids get to be around your uncle much? My word on that is that he is/was dysfunctional. I am sure you are aware that even those dudes who are always called by all three names had mums and da's that loved them too. I need to look up Charlie Manson's middle name sometime..

BTW, after finding Boynton Beach on a Florida map where are those mountains you were talking about recently? Looks pretty flat there. Sand dunes maybe? They pose as mountains sometimes in the Sahara.

13. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Do the Mod's here allow trolling?

14. fuel slut

fuel slut New Member

I've learned 2 things in this thread

1.. bing still exists
    2.. billy needs to take a chill pill.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

15. Badbilly

United States
    Bing has way too many ads and popups IMO. Mansons's middle name is "Milles". I got it from Google.

Not much under the meaning of names for that one or Gator, Fuel, Mad Dog or Boscoe unless we drop the e and run out and buy some chocolate flavored syrup whereas Billy has lots of meaning.

Sorry dude no booze, smokes, chews or drugs or scaring kids when it's more fiun fucking with assholes who come on like Gangbusters until the questions start and they fold with a deuce as a hole card.

Sent from a full size keyboard (wireless)

16. Badbilly

United States
  17. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    Sorry Misti for such a load of crap that your thread has turned into. I know this thread is on other forums that we are both on and I'll contribute there. I really did not expect this behavior in a VFR forum. There seems to be a lot of good and knowledgeable guys on here but as you know it takes only one to ruin something. Billy seems hell bent to keep shitting in here.

18. misti

misti New Member

Map
    Thanks, I'm not really sure what I've done to deserve this kind of response. It's a bit disheartening really, I just wanted to discuss riding tech as I do on other forums but apparently it's not wanted here.

Badbilly should change his name to LastWord, he's always got to have it.

19. thesuper8

thesuper8 New Member

if badbilly didn't have such a badass color scheme on his '91, i'd discount him entirely...
    "standing watch" creeps me out too.
    reminds me too much of exceptionalism.
    which leads to...

20. Gator

Gator Insider

United States
    Map
    I would not give up here Misti, I have had some off line talks with a few members here and there are some really good folks here, you probably know some from elsewhere. I think it might be some kind of territory thing, his "gangbusters" kind of says so, seems to be that we don't have enough posts, reverence time, respect time or some other such childish don't piss here attitude. I know you do this simply for the love of things 2 wheeled and I share that too.