Just completed a de-link of the entire brake system on my '99 5th generation VFR800. Inspired by Mello Dudes method I did mine with subtle differences but overall found it not to be too daunting . Mods as follows; 1. Removed entire stock system along with stub axle assembly and swing arm 2. Re-greased all bearings and re-installed swing arm and new cush drive rubbers for the driven flange. 3. External bridging line for rear caliper along with a 14mm M/C (as per Mello Dudes calcs) 4. Forks re-built with Firestorm/Superhawk sliders, 0.9 kg linear springs, 5 grade oil with 130mm air gap 5. SP2 calipers and M/C (lower mounting lug on the sliders needed approx. 1.5mm filing off of them but keeping the profile) 6. I filed off about 10mm from the stock mudguard so that the 'guard could 'drop' further so that the holes of the top mudguard mounting lined up with top holes in the 'guard. Drilled another hole 90mm down from the top one. M6 cap heads inserted into the lugs from the inside (tyre side) to become studs. 15mmx23mm spacers with an M6 threaded hole all the way through were fabricated locally. If this needs clarification I did take photos but haven't figured how to load them yet...helpful hints please! If anyone wants to do this I can have the lines made up as the kit is loaded into the manufacturers system for me.