Cross County Ride- The Goodies

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by Hotbrakes, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Hotbrakes

Hotbrakes New Member

United States
    I've been gearing up for this ride that has fizzled to nothing but I'm going somewhere anyway by myself. Since I have some extra time I thought it would be nice to take some pics of all the stuff I've done to the bike for this trip.

[​IMG]
    $7 lighter plug directly wired to battery. Note the switch for the $20 Autozone foglights. Also my XM radio which I just discovered has a volume control.
    [​IMG]
    The goodies. Tankbag with dual lighter power splitter. Garmin Zumo 550 with socket adapter plug from Powerlet so I can disconnect it and remove entire unit from bike. (security/rain) Small speaker for listening to XM off the bike, cell phone charger, DC to AC power converter for charging my camera battery or anything else, and Boostaroo for amplifying my IPOD increasing play time. Everything is detachable and stows in the tankbag for security or if it rains.
    [​IMG]
    Fog lights. They work great at night, I really don't even need the high beams. They are also good for the daytime as long as I don't forget to shut them off. The brightness is more effective than the high beams concentrated beam so everyone can see me. Probably the single most useful and inexpensive mod I've ever done. I also got a camera tripod thingy with flexible legs that attaches to almost anything for on the go shots. Its mounted on the mirror along with the mirror spacers I just installed.
    [​IMG]
    See?
    [​IMG]
    Tent bracket that I made to keep the weight low. It adds great ballast to the rest of the crap I'm hauling. With the tent strapped to the seat the bike wants to fall over on the kickstand. That aint happening with it strapped on down low.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    All loaded up. I put white reflective tape behind the lookalike lights on the trunk for visibility. A dry bag from Walmart with my sleeping bag and leather jacket inside bungied on. Its nowhere near full so I have more room for other stuff or things I pick up along the way.
    [​IMG]
    Loaded down minus all the stuff that is going in the side cases/trunk. We were supposed to leave today but I will be heading out solo on Sunday after the hurricane blows over with no real destination and no date of return planned. I'm off til October 12th! (I'll probably just do a week or two)
    Enjoy.