Clutch question

Discussion in '3rd & 4th Generation 1990-1997' started by VeryFuckingRadical, Aug 7, 2021.

1. VeryFuckingRadical

VeryFuckingRadical New Member

United States
    I have a 92 with like 20k miles on it and just replaced the pads and plates (old ones were smoked) with ebc sport/race pads plates and springs and now when I put it in gear with the clutch pulled in it jumps a bit. When I let the clutch out nothing happens. Also went into gear kinda rough. I forgot to tork the spring bolts so took it back a part and I'm sure they are over tight now which after reading a couple threads I found out was stupid. Anyway do you need to bleed the hydrolics after putting in new plates and pads. I did notice the back of the ebc box said they recommended not using fully synthetic because with these type of pads it could slip but I don't think that's the problem. I'm probably gonna pull the plates and pads back out and make sure they are all in right. I was in a hurry when putting them in. Figured I'd ask. This is my first street bike ever. I love it. Kinda big for me but my first atv was a 250r honda 3 wheeler. I've only dropped it a few times but... I'm getting the hang of it. If I was taller then 5"6 and heavier then 110lbs it'd help but this is what I got so... Anyway I just wanna get this clutch sorted out before I start working on the new main stay that just showed up. Bent the other one.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

2. VeryFuckingRadical

VeryFuckingRadical New Member

United States
    I may have found the problem. I started fucking around with it messing with the clutch lever and figured I'd just pull it all the way back to see if anything happens. It popped back and I heard a little hiss... Doesn't seem like it was coming all the way back out. It was kinda weird. The clutch is tight now though. Won't know until I put the cover back on.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk