Central Arkansas VFR Riders....

Discussion in 'USA - South' started by killerkingdon, Nov 25, 2007.

1. lear 31a

lear 31a New Member

United States
    Map
    Yep on the pilot gig. Do you work at WalMart ISD? That is a very enjoyable commute you have. You go right past my neighborhood, I live off of Tunbridge in Bentonville. It turns off of 72 in the valley between Elm Tree Elementary and Walton BLVD.

Okay we have a positive ID on four of us NWA Viffer junkies, there are still a a red 6th gen at the Wally World Puzzle Palace I have yet to contact that would make 5. I will PM you my info.

2. flynlo

flynlo New Member

Actually retired from WM almost two years ago. I'm pretty sure you flew me around some. I'll call you after church and maybe we can meet this afternoon? Supposed to get up to 56' today! I'll pm you my info.

3. katat58

katat58 New Member

Map
    Hey fellow Arkies, I live down here in Hazen, heart of the grand prairie, just 23 miles north of Stuttgart the rice, duck, and skeeter capitol of the world. Would love to do some riding up around the Bentonville area. I was stationed with a guy in the Air
    Force by the name of DA Davis that hailed from Bentonville. Been thruough that area just a couple of times way long ago and it's some pretty country.

4. lear 31a

lear 31a New Member

United States
    Map
    Come on up, we are getting a viffer force together over here. Just give us some heads up and we'll show you around.

5. katat58

katat58 New Member

Map
    Sounds good to me. Don't know when I'll be able to make the trip up that way but keep me posted on your upcoming rides.

6. flynlo

flynlo New Member

Hey fellow riders,
    wasn't it a beautiful day to ride today? I think I saw another yellow VFR like mine setting in front of the WM home office. Anybody know who that is? Tomorrow is another day to ride! It's going to be time to order winter upgrades soon. Has anybody put a PCM 3 on a Gen 5? Any appreciable differences? Any recommendations on air box changes? Last question, I printed off a wiring diagram for the bike, but I can't figure out which is the power wire for the brake lights. I'm experimenting with a Whelen LIN3 if I can figure out how to wire it in. It only draws 4 milli-amps as it's LED driven and I wnt it to come on whenever I hit my breaks. It fits perfectly in the reflector spot under the tail-light and should be quite an attention getter. See you round the corners.

7. H.C.D.

H.C.D. New Member

I know this thread is a little old, but thought I'd reply anyway.

I'm here in Little Rock. I go get my new VFR late this week.

8. flynlo

flynlo New Member

HCD, I don't think anybody's been posting much this winter, but I suspect things will pick up a little as it gets warmer.
    I've been doing some fine tuning on my bike this winter, mostly safety related.
    What bike are you getting, color, etc? Where do you typically ride? I just joined last fall when I got my bike, so I haven't had the chance to do a ride with anybody.
    Look forward to meeting you and riding some corners!

Flynlo

9. lear 31a

lear 31a New Member

United States
    Map
    H.C.D. congrats on the viffer! I have been taking some time off of the VFR and tending to some dirt bike business. I am gonna get the hook set in my sons this summer.

The big Honda Sport Touring Association HSTA is getting together on the Talimena trail the weekend of April 19-21. Sure to be fun. Other than that we need to get a ride together this spring.

10. H.C.D.

H.C.D. New Member

I got a Candy-Red '07. Got a set of Givi hard bags coming on Friday, and I pick the bike up Saturday.

I ride all over the place, mainly west/north Ark, since thats where all the curves are. I do lots of weekend camping/riding trips, and I usually take one week-long trip every year. Rode around Lake Superior last summer.

We'll hook up sometime soon!

11. H.C.D.

H.C.D. New Member

I'd love to get my two boys into riding, but their mother has a small issue with that. Told her too many of my riding stories I guess.

The HSTA get-together sounds good. I'm gonna put that on my calendar. Looking forward to riding this spring!

12. TravelingViffer

TravelingViffer New Member

H.C.D. are you still planning on going to Mt. Nebo tomorrow night? I'm in Fayetteville but I visit Nebo a few times each year - this is about the best time to stay up there.

Are you going to be out riding tomorrow? If so I may be able to head down there for a cruise. Let me know.

JD

13. H.C.D.

H.C.D. New Member

The Mt. Nebo event is next weekend. Looks like the weather is gonna be decent for it too, at least right now.

Riding up to Heber Springs with a buddy of mine tomorrow so he can check out/test ride an FJR1300.

We need to try to set up a weekend campout/ride sometime this spring/summer. Who all would be interested in something like that?

Regards,
    H.C.D.