Central Arkansas VFR Riders....

Discussion in 'USA - South' started by killerkingdon, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Galo

Galo New Member

I believe there suppose to be a rally in September in Hot Springs, do ya'll know about it?

We went to my mom's cabin in Glenwood last weekend and took Hwy 27 from Murfreesboro, and MAN, what a highway!!! the road is definately a motorcycle ride from Murfreesboro to Kirby.

2. whenindoubt01

whenindoubt01 New Member

3. whenindoubt01

whenindoubt01 New Member

Another great place to ride is (Push Mountain road) nestled in the Ozark National Forrest. There is a rally Aug 22,23 and 24. Here is a link to the Rally Mountain View Arkansas

4. Galo

Galo New Member

I"ll be at lake DeGray saturday and sunday, but not with my bike. We'll be taking the boat and do some R&R with some friends who are camping at Iron Mountain.

If anyone is around, welcome to come hang out or go for a boat ride, send me a PM or email.

5. Galo

Galo New Member

And I will be going to the Hot Springs Rally. I think it'll be awesome!!

6. katat58

katat58 New Member

Map
    Hey fellow Arkies,

I live over in Hazen, 35 mi east of Little Rock. Just joined the forum today. Picked up an 06 Interceptor in pearl white last weekend at Sunrise Honda in Searcy. This bike is sweeeet! I traded in my 06 Katana (old technology) but was a fun bike none the less. Would like to meet up for some rides! I've not done any riding around Hot Springs in years but would love to! I took the Kat over to Deals Gap (tail of the dragon, 318 curves in 11 miles) last summer and that was the greatest vacation ever! All riding over there was through the mountains. I would imagine north Arkansas would have a lot to offer in that respect?

7. killerkingdon

killerkingdon New Member

United States
    Map
    OH YES, the Hot Springs rally is a must...I am most defintely going...I am originally from there so I know the area well...I went up to CYCLE GEAR today and talked a little with SVADER...awesome guy, spent 15 minutes trying to figure out one of their helmet cams..I might swing by degray Galo and say hey, I think a friend and I are going to hit Jack mountain tonight and ride back through to Hot Springs...great road, lots of twisties..I am not highly organized so I nominate whenInDoubt to lead the team!!! we should come up with a game plan for the hot springs rally....I know the locals and who doesnt need to bet a few bucks on the horses..should be quite fun...keep in touch...

8. katat58

katat58 New Member

Map
    Hey killerkingdom - the plan sounds good. We'll all keep in touch and try to get something going. Where is cycle gear? Read a lot bout it but never been there. How are their prices? I purchased a three year maintenance plan with the bike and it includes 15% discount on anything I purchase at Sunrise Honda.

9. benjammer

benjammer New Member

Cycle Gear

Hey Guys....I'm located in Bentonville, AR.
    Are you guys referring to Cycle Gear in Tulsa, OK?? If so, let me know. I would love to ride up there to check out the place. Never knew it existed until I read the post and went to their website.
    Keep me posted and Thanks.

10. whenindoubt01

whenindoubt01 New Member

Cycle gear in Little Rock where SVADER works at. Pretty cool place to go.

11. katat58

katat58 New Member

Map
    Where bouts in LR?

12. whenindoubt01

whenindoubt01 New Member

1001 S. University Ave.

Little Rock, AR 72204

If you head east on 40 take 430 south to 630 east and the go south on university it will be on you left immediately as you get on University.

13. whenindoubt01

whenindoubt01 New Member

I see a total of 6 VFR members here. I have some questions for everyone to answer first.
    1. Who is going?
    2. How long will they be staying?
    3. Should we organize one ride and what day if so? SAT or SUN
    4. Does anyone have a place down there open for any of us to stay?
    5. Should we invite any friends to travel with us?
    6. Do we have a photography person in the crowd? I have a $100.00 camera LOL
    7. I'm thinking of a leave at 10am and get back at 2-3 PM route with a stop point for lunch? Possible hit a swimming hole along the way to cool off.

killerkingdon, since this is your home town, would you be willing to take lead on the roads we travel on and make a route we will take? If so would you send me the route info?

14. whenindoubt01

whenindoubt01 New Member

I started a new thread here is the link.

15. lear 31a

lear 31a New Member

United States
    Map
    My Moto GP plans have changed, I will now be pointing towards Hot Springs. Anyone in NWA?

16. whenindoubt01

whenindoubt01 New Member

Nice, I will see if we can get things heated up for the rally. I'm looking forward to it.

17. flynlo

flynlo New Member

New to VFR world and VFR's

Hi Arkies and any Four corners (ar/mo/ok/ks) VFR riders. Just got my first VFR and my first bike in 25 years. I've logged 300 miles so far getting back in the swing. Used to race motocross, enduro, trials, and finally ended up making cafe bikes out of a 350 and 550f hondas. This was way back before fiberglass was invented (or at least affordable). Four dollar gas and lots of whining finally convinced my wife I really NEEDED a small bike, just a scooter really, to get back and forth to work.
    I ended up with a 2000 Pearl Yellow VFR out of Concord CA. So far, so good.
    If there is a VFR club in AR, somebody let me know. I joined riders of NW AR, mostly cruisers, but wouldn't mind finding a group that rolls the throttle open a tad more.
    Look forward to finding you guys and doing some riding next spring.

18. benjammer

benjammer New Member

Yellow VFR

Hello Flynlo...I live in Bentonville, AR. About two weeks ago I saw a Pearl Yellow VFR with yellow corbin beetle bags. Was that you? By the way, welcome. I know of two other VFR riders in my area.

19. lear 31a

lear 31a New Member

United States
    Map
    Welcome!!

I own a Silver 03 ABS. I ride pretty much year round as long as its above freezing and not raining too hard. I welcome any and all Viffers to ride, just PM me.

I saw a yellow 5th Gen with bags at the Bentonville square last friday night, across from Java on the Square, was that you?

20. flynlo

flynlo New Member

Hi guys!

Yes, the Yellow VFR with the Corbins is mine. I'm going to post a picture as soon as I figure it out. Rode to work yesterdy, Hwy 279 to Hiwasse, then Hwy 72 in to B'ville. Nice sweepers.
    I work on the square Lear31, so you're going to see the bike there more than anywhere. Are you a Wal-Mart pilot?
    Hope to see you guys soon.